Pants Shitting Terror

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Cry of Fear, the whole game, through the whole campaign. I can not explain why it was scary, but it was, MUST PLAY, 10/10 GAME O THE YEAR!

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
ChaosStep said:

Just realized I need a wall of text to accompany this image before I receive a warning.

As dry as Dark Corners was, this entire boat scene and the following scene where pure pant shitting magic.
Even though the PC port has a crippling bug, I would recommend it to anyone. Play in the dark with a good set of headphones.
Thanks for the spoiler :( Finally get my hands on a copy and somebody ruins it for me.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Bioshock. The part where you're in the room about to kill a surgeon and suddenly there's thick fog and he's gone. I expected what was going to happen next but fuck I was so shocked when the fog reappeared and he was directly in front of me. I think I wasted an entire magazine on that one.
Also, the same thing in the morgue with the shadow that's suddenly gone when you're round the corner but on your way back you get jumped from the dead people storage thing (what's the name again? Damnit).

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
Chairman Miaow said:
ChaosStep said:

Just realized I need a wall of text to accompany this image before I receive a warning.

As dry as Dark Corners was, this entire boat scene and the following scene where pure pant shitting magic.
Even though the PC port has a crippling bug, I would recommend it to anyone. Play in the dark with a good set of headphones.
Thanks for the spoiler :( Finally get my hands on a copy and somebody ruins it for me.
Don't worry, there's much more to it than that. It really is quite good :D

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
Getting game over without saving for 6 hours. I prairie-dog a little every time, then have to replace my underwear.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Necron_warrior said:
Chairman Miaow said:
ChaosStep said:

I know, I'm a reasonable length into it, but now I know that he pops up, and where he pops up.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
shadyh8er said:
Two scenes from Heavy Rain:

1) The part in the "surgeon's" basement. I will never use drills again.

2) The whole junkyard level. Bad enough you have escape from getting squished in a trash compactor, but afterwards you have fight a real sociopath.
As a sociopath, I take offense to that remark.

OT: Well, Metro 2033 has given me a few small gasp moments. I haven't reached the infamous "library" level yet, so maybe my pants will meet their messing there.

Harkonnen64

Jul 14, 2010
Nexxis said:
Minecraft when you're moving through a cave, you hear an enemy that you can't see, and suddenly they seem to drop down from nowhere. That startles me without fail. During the time I'm exploring a cave, I'm a nervous wreck.
I know that exact feeling. I had been exploring an abandoned mineshaft and kept being ambushed around a certain point even though I had fully lit the area. I later found out that the shaft cut through a cavern and there was a hole in the top of the shaft they were dropping down from. Seems silly of me to have not noticed it in the first place. But when I first didn't know why I was being attacked...

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
The beginning of the third encounter with Scarecrow in Batman: Arkham Asylum was less pant shitting and more, "Oh god what the fuck is- WHAT THE FUUUUUCK?!?" (Anyone who has played it knows what I'm talking about.)

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
Chairman Miaow said:
Necron_warrior said:
Chairman Miaow said:
ChaosStep said:
I know, I'm a reasonable length into it, but now I know that he pops up, and where he pops up.
There's still a reasonable part of the game after that encounter, with other spoil able surprises.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Necron_warrior said:
Chairman Miaow said:
Necron_warrior said:
Chairman Miaow said:
ChaosStep said:
There's still a reasonable part of the game after that encounter, with other spoil able surprises.
Oooh, goody, I am thoroughly enjoying it so far.

NephTS

Feb 14, 2011

This. When I first played, I turned the game right the hell off when I saw that. I couldn't find a picture of it, but when the light is off, he freaking glows red in the dark.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
DigitalAtlas said:
Ummm... The most I've ever been genuinely creeped out in a game? Actually, it's not Silent Hill 2. It's Chapter 12 of Drakengard. Running around one-shotting giant babies is fucking nerve racking man.
Aww yeah! I remember that! Jesus, I completely forgot about that game... i was like 10 when I played it... Damned babies, I never beat that part... just didn't have it in me!

But FEAR... Any scene involving the dark and Alma and pants got ruined...

Along with the water part of Amnesia...

...fuck the water part...

swolf

May 3, 2010
Wow, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Condemned: Criminal Origins". The "Tibbits-Locker" scene was pretty good. Warning, it's violent. You've been warned (plz don't ban me for posting the link) Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDUMq3ocTqU

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
Condemned, the part with the mannequins. Jesus that was creepy. Also, the second Condemned where the Butcher's body starts moving (because I killed that fucker in the first game) and then you realize it is a body underneath him that is moving.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
When I got lost in Vault 106 in Fallout 3, I was crapping myself because I got lost down there and I couldn't find the damn door, I kept walking past it

zpm4737

Dec 25, 2008
The first time I was being chased in the System Shock 2. The enemies were genuinely terrifying since they could pretty much decimate you in a few hits, so being chased by even two was terrifying. Then I fell off of the walkway I was on, took massive damage from the fall, and had no idea where the enemies chasing me were, arguably worse than knowing they were behind me.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
The second time you meet Pyramid Head in the hospital made me nervous for the rest of Silent Hill 2. However, Dark Corners of the Earth had some scary moments.