Parents Angry Over Educational Videogame

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Parents Angry Over Educational Videogame

Student Jonathan Burton said he didn't know what prime numbers were before he played the game, but Perrotte wasn't buying it. "What the recall is, is not the prime number they were talking about but rather getting through to the enemy," she said.
Wow, "is, is." While not really incorrect (at least I don't think so), it sounds incredibly stupid. Perhaps the worried parent might be in need of a grammar teaching video game?

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
How dare people try to make learning fun! Seriously though, what is the frigging problem here?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Seriously? You're upset that kids are playing too much of a game...and that game is an EDUCATIONAL game?

(Phone rings)

Oh, that's reality, I was expecting a call from them. Hello? Hm? Oh yes, they're here. It's for you, parents.

REALITY: HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
For the love of..

.. Wait 10-20 years when these paranoid nut's no longer exist, then some progress might actually occur. Or parents somehow get smarter.

Sheesh.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Fucking hell. They don't even care about the child's education anymore they just despise video games. And who cares if they don't care about maths and only care about getting to the next enemy, it will subliminally (spelling?) teach them, it will seep into their minds and make them smarter.

Don't make me summon Cthulu Mother Fucker!

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Technophobes will always exist. As will opponents of everything else. Just ignore them and get on with what you were doing before they told you to stop.

[sub]Google Chrome recognises 'Technophobia' and 'Technophobic' as words, but not 'Technophobes' or 'Google'... what the hell is wrong with it?[/sub]

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
hudsonzero said:
wow there upset over a educational game that appearers to work ..... have these parents had a lobotomy?
Yep. I recognize the names, they all went to my clinic and asked for one.
Sorry about that guys...
I guess I should've suspected something was up, but... I needed the money.
Speaking of which...
who else is up for an lobotomy?
I have absolutely no training whatsoever, but since its a lobotomy, all I really have to do is dick around with your brain for a few minutes, and you're set!

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
ProtoChimp said:
Fucking hell. They don't even care about the child's education anymore they just despise video games. And who cares if they don't care about maths and only care about getting to the next enemy, it will subliminally (spelling?) teach them, it will seep into their minds and make them smarter.

Don't make me summon Cthulu Mother Fucker!
Actually, you might want to summon him anyway. Just to be safe.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Teaching the kids and letting them have fun at the same time?!

BLASPHEMY!! I thought we stoned all those morons back in the Enlightenment!! Those cold-blooded, child-teaching bastards.
Tharwen said:
[sub]Google Chrome recognises 'Technophobia' and 'Technophobic' as words, but not 'Technophobes' or 'Google'... what the hell is wrong with it?[/sub]
You know what they say, when God gives you lemons, you....

FIND A NEW GAWD!! KING OF THE JUICE!!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Parents will find any reason to project there faults onto other topics...

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Abedeus said:
Teaching the kids and letting them have fun at the same time?!

BLASPHEMY!! I thought we stoned all those morons back in the Enlightenment!! Those cold-blooded, child-teaching bastards.
Tharwen said:
You know what they say, when God gives you lemons, you....

FIND A NEW GAWD!! KING OF THE JUICE!!
Must not... derail... mods... will get... ang-WANT SOME STRAWBERRY? HOW ABOUT RAWBERRY?!!!?

[sub]Damn...[/sub]

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Lest we forget that Children learn better from interactive activities like videogames than they do through traditional forms of learning...

Rhino of Steel

Sep 29, 2008
Jimmy_shredshot said:
I have wonder if she actually knows what prime number are...
Ten to one she responded with that drivel because she has no idea what a prime number is.

I wish they had used games when I was younger. Typing of the Dead would have been so much better than AR Type. Maybe use Bookworm Adventure to help with spelling, too. The kids will be playing games anyway, may as well encourage them to play ones that are both fun and educational.