Parents playing YOUR video games

Insomniaku

Jan 31, 2009
My mom used to play Super Mario 64 with me, and my dad played Mortal Kombat with me too.. not in like 10 years have they touched any other games besides Farmville

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
Got my parents to play Quantlet: Seven Sorrows on Xbox. Funny thing was that my ma was actually really good and would use my father as bait to draw out the sentinels and steal loot xD

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Well, both my parents are gamers, but I will use my grandfather as an example. He tried out the Godfather II game. However he was only interested in running everyone over in old cars.

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
My dad used to play Resident Evil 2 but he thinks all games that came after that are stupid.

My mom appreciates games but can't really play them.

My grandpa will kick anyone's ass at Mario Golf.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
my mum hasn't played, nor expressed any interest in games, since Super Mario Bros on the NES

Apr 29, 2010
Nope. Never. Not once. No. Not a chance. Every time I try, they always say, "Not now, we're busy" or something to that extent. They could be watching reruns on TV and they'd still say they are busy. It's annoying that they won't even spend 10-15 minutes to play a simple game, even if there is the chance they might like it.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
Sacman said:
OMFGSLAPPYWAG said:
Sacman said:
OMFGSLAPPYWAG said:
ME AND MY mOM HAVE BEAT EVERY LEGO GAME TO DATE
Even Lego Island?!
No i mean like, lego harry potter, indiana jones, star wars etc
I knew it could not be done...
Is Lego Island the one where you are like a pizza delivery guy and throw pizzas on a road to catch a burglar or something? 'Cuz I played that game non-stop as a kid, I still remember some of the lyrics to one of the very bad songs.

Enemy Of The State

May 31, 2010
BlueberryMUNCH said:
My dad played cod4...he couldnt move both the analogue sticks at once and just...uh it was so fail.
you know when yu get angry at someone being SO bad? yep, this is it hahahaha
Yeah that happened to me, he's left handed as well so he was utterly useless...
picked up a few kills with martyrdom though >:[

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Zayren said:
Sacman said:
OMFGSLAPPYWAG said:
Sacman said:
OMFGSLAPPYWAG said:
ME AND MY mOM HAVE BEAT EVERY LEGO GAME TO DATE
Even Lego Island?!
No i mean like, lego harry potter, indiana jones, star wars etc
I knew it could not be done...

Is Lego Island the one where you are like a pizza delivery guy and throw pizzas on a road to catch a burglar or something? 'Cuz I played that game non-stop as a kid, I still remember some of the lyrics to one of the very bad songs.
yeah that's the one it was the first game I ever played on the pc... it was great...

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
My dad is actually a bit of a gamer himself and is probably the reason why I am one too, when I convinced him to play morrowind on the xbox, he started playing more than I did.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
My Dad is pretty good at Starcraft, but my mother says computers give her headaches.

Mercurius507

Apr 10, 2010
I got my mom to play Metal Gear Solid, which she managed to finish quite easily (all 4 of them)and Halo (which she again finished)needless to say I was pretty shocked.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Me and my father used to play Final Fantasy 1 together. I'd plot out the maps and tell him where he needed to go and what equipment he was low on and he'd do the combat (at 8 years old I was bad at that part.)

To this day he and I play Guitar Hero together whenever I visit.

Arduras

Jul 14, 2009
My old man was the one to get me into gaming in the first place.

He enjoys a mix of FPS, RTS and simulators (and, wierdly enough Mass Effect) while I do like those, I prefer PC RPGS.

We multiplayer all the time when I'm home on Shore Leave

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
Got my dad to try out Star Wars: Pod Racer once. It became a bi-weekly thing where we'd sit down for a few hours and race each other. That was nice while it lasted.