Patch 3.0 For SimCity Promises to Fix Traffic (Again)

wulfgar_red

Mar 15, 2013
Yopaz said:
wulfgar_red said:
BrotherRool said:
What is this? Two months after release and they're still trying to patch major features into a workable condition?
don't blame devs or publisher. everyone knows it's piracy fault
This can't be blamed on piracy. This game has DRM so all piracy has been completely eliminated and no-one can ever play this game without purchasing it.
sir, you need sarcasm stone to navigate internet

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
wulfgar_red said:
Yopaz said:
wulfgar_red said:
BrotherRool said:
What is this? Two months after release and they're still trying to patch major features into a workable condition?
don't blame devs or publisher. everyone knows it's piracy fault
This can't be blamed on piracy. This game has DRM so all piracy has been completely eliminated and no-one can ever play this game without purchasing it.
sir, you need sarcasm stone to navigate internet
Uhm, no? Maybe you do? Everyone knows DRM doesn't do much for piracy, I was being sarcastic in response to your sarcasm.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Kahani said:
A couple of minor patches and it's at version 3.0? I guess we can add version numbering to the list of things they clearly don't understand.
there are games that update for YEARS (celebrated 2years aniversary recently, guess the game) and are still in 0,8 version despite addint 4 tiems the content the first "official release" version. and there are some which turn into version 3,0 with bugfix patches. This sim city fiasco was extremely hilariuos to watch, thnak you escapist and Maxis for good show, and it was free entertainment too as i never bought the game as i saw this coming a mile off.

Mimsofthedawg said:
Maybe, but bugs are ubiquitous. Just because a few people might be experiencing them, that doesn't mean every single person is.

It's actually shocking to me that so many people think this game is crazy bugged. It's just not.
Funny how that often comes biting you in the ass though. When i first bought and isntaleld Civilization 4, everyone was screaming about the bugs in that game, yet i experienced none. not a single bug. i enjoyed the game for years spunning over 300 hours of gameplay. then i reinstalled my system and installed the game again. all animations were frozen, no animation worked. ok, i can live without them. so i played fine. the next install, the game would crash on fullscreen (had to find the setup file and set it to use windowed mode to even launch the game, thanks for somone troubleshooting this bug before me in another forum that i found on google), the animations dont work and the colors of nations sometimes get mixed up in the UI (though not in the core game, like it wont give your troops to the enemy, just show them the enemys colour). fine, i played it like that. Next install it was back to the case of 2nd isntall, and my current isntall is the worst version yet. it is the 3rd version + i sometimes seem to lapse into my enemy research and other stuff like that, like i woudl see what enemy is researching in my research bar instead of what i am researching untill i end the turn, the spies stop working half the time, the map seems to be unmovalbe (snaps back to original location) unless i click on minimap, sometimes you have to order troops twice for it to reach, ect. Its still playable, heck i played it today, but the bugs are there, and jsut because i got lucky on first install does not mean they only happen to one or two people.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
The one thing I don't get is, if it's so easy theoretically to play offline, how come it hasn't been cracked to date >_>

there's gotta be something big somewhere, otherwise it'd have been an easy workaround

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
antipunt said:
The one thing I don't get is, if it's so easy theoretically to play offline, how come it hasn't been cracked to date >_>

there's gotta be something big somewhere, otherwise it'd have been an easy workaround
It was cracked to play indefinitely, and the guy that did it had to only disable 2 lines of code, that basically said after 20 minutes search for internet connection and turn off game if there is none.

The issue is that Maxis hid all their save game code on the servers, so in order to save your cracked copy on your own computer the cracker would have to basically build an entire save function for the game from scratch. Not knowing the code of the game makes that a huge ask. That's the big thing that's stopping an offline crack going viral, but the offline crack does exist.

You can play the game offline with insultingly easy effort, you just can't save your progress because Maxis put all that code on their servers.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Hero in a half shell said:
antipunt said:

It was cracked to play indefinitely, and the guy that did it had to only disable 2 lines of code, that basically said after 20 minutes search for internet connection and turn off game if there is none.

The issue is that Maxis hid all their save game code on the servers, so in order to save your cracked copy on your own computer the cracker would have to basically build an entire save function for the game from scratch. Not knowing the code of the game makes that a huge ask. That's the big thing that's stopping an offline crack going viral, but the offline crack does exist.

You can play the game offline with insultingly easy effort, you just can't save your progress because Maxis put all that code on their servers.
detail and informative answer. Thanks sir