Patch Notes

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Heavy is a Spy!

The real Heavy would love the taste of an ammo sandvich.

Now that's a proper Heavy's lunch.

Seriously though, is that a real patch? That's gonna require some tactical re-thinking for Heavy-Medic pairs.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
I think this is the first Name Game I just don't get. Though to be fair, it might be because I'm not a TF2 player.

The art looks nice, at least... :/

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
Antitonic said:
I think this is the first Name Game I just don't get. Though to be fair, it might be because I'm not a TF2 player.

Quick explaination: Heavy players would throw their Sandvich on the floor to gain health quickly for themselves. That got patched out.

Jan 23, 2010
Antitonic said:

Slightly more in depth explanation. A heavy can either slowly eat his sandwich to replenish his health by 100%, but that would leave him vulnerable as the animation is a few seconds long. The heavy can also drop his sandwich on the floor so other players can walk over it and gain 50% of their health back instantly. Heavies started using this technique shown here in the comic to heal themselves instantly. That is now being patched out.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Heavy is a Spy!

The real Heavy would love the taste of an ammo sandvich.

Now that's a proper Heavy's lunch.

Seriously though, is that a real patch? That's gonna require some tactical re-thinking for Heavy-Medic pairs.
Yes, that is indeed a real patch from a few weeks ago.

OT: Hilarious, and nice art. ^^

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
I thought that dropping and picking up the Sandwich just refilled your Sandvich bar again now, not actually giving you ammo in the sense of metal/bullets.

Viridian

Jan 25, 2012
Cowabungaa said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Maybe. I'm pretty sure that the sandwich can still be dropped to actually heal other players though. It just doesn't work on the heavy who dropped it.

BattleAxeInc

May 10, 2009
Not only is the sandvich made of bullets, it is also made of scrap metal:

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?comic=112210

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Geo Da Sponge said:
I thought that dropping and picking up the Sandwich just refilled your Sandvich bar again now, not actually giving you ammo in the sense of metal/bullets.
This is correct, it just refills your Sandvich ammo. Sad times for the lone heavies, good news for everyone else in the game!

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
TheBobmus said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
This is correct, it just refills your Sandvich ammo. Sad times for the lone heavies, good news for everyone else in the game!
Don't they realise the point of Team Fortress 2 updates is to systematically remove all need for teamwork?! Just look at the Pomson 6000, the Engineer doesn't need anyone else now.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Wow, had no idea about this. Stopped playing TF2 a while ago.

Used to just spam this with the GRU...

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Luke5515 said:
This patch made me very sad, now I can't put myself out if I'm on fire.
Quoted for truth. It was one of the most useful Heavy strategies when lacking a Medic.

Patch is not credit to team.