Paul McCartney Working With Bungie

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Wait wait wait... McCartney Electronica album? That sounds like something I never want to hear... ever. I'd rather be submitted to whatever vomit-inducing noise is on the latest Bieber album.

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Wait wait wait... McCartney Electronica album? That sounds like something I never want to hear... ever. I'd rather be submitted to whatever vomit-inducing noise is on the latest Bieber album.
How dare you! Justin Beiber in one of the greatest artists of our time and will definitively not be forgotten in the next few years.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
saintdane05 said:
Raven said:
Well it's too bad it'll suck. Who the hell has enjoyed anything from this bloke since the Beatles? Hans Zimmer macca ain't....
<youtube=pZdsIj4pAzQ>

<youtube=KBX2dySWGew>

<youtube=M8V1nFCP058>

<youtube=1c5pgo6zU10>

I'm just going to let those songs speak for themselves.
Ninja'd.

And @Raven's Nest, while I too love Zimmer and find him to be the best composer of the century, McCartney is still one very talented musician.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
saintdane05 said:
Raven said:
Well it's too bad it'll suck. Who the hell has enjoyed anything from this bloke since the Beatles? Hans Zimmer macca ain't....

I'm just going to let those songs speak for themselves.
If I can also point out the age of those songs... I'm not disputing he's a talented song writer or calling him a poor musician. But i really struggle to consider him relevant anymore, especially when it comes to writing soundtracks to games. Someone like David Bowie would interest me far more.

I can't see him producing anything genuinely decent that sounds like it belongs in this millennium. If the game was say a 60's or 70's sci fi feel then fair enough, at least McCartney makes sense.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Marty O'Donnell is awesome. Paul is also awesome.

THERE IS TOO MUCH AWESOME GOING ON FOR THIS TO FAIL

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Mysten said:
It was a very special Bungie Day indeed.
Oh I COMPLETELY forgot about that! Dammit I missed it by two days!

I feel ashamed, I love Bungie and I forgot about Bungie day!

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
New Marathon title!?!?!? Ah bollocks, makes me wish I had a Microsoft console or a gaming computer.
actually, Bungie isnt with Microsoft anymore. if you have a PS3 or possibly even if you get a Wii U in the future, you will be able to play the new Marathon game, as well as any other games they are working on.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
This article just reminded me, I love Bungie. I'm going to go scour the Internet for any more information on the awesome things they must be doing.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Marathon <3, the game of my childhood.

Though it depresses me that a significantly large portion of youths will probably say "what the hell is this Halo-ripoff?" when it is launched..

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Awexsome said:
McCartney and Marty working in collaboration...

This soundtrack just might cure cancer.
There. Magnificent. The perfect expression I was looking for to fit the situation.

I might not like the Halo games that much but damnit if Martin O' Donnell (or Michael Salvatore) isn't the best in-house composer in the entire industry.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Vykrel said:
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
New Marathon title!?!?!? Ah bollocks, makes me wish I had a Microsoft console or a gaming computer.
actually, Bungie isnt with Microsoft anymore. if you have a PS3 or possibly even if you get a Wii U in the future, you will be able to play the new Marathon game, as well as any other games they are working on.
Thank you for the info good sir! I gleefully anticipate.