PAX 2011: Borderlands 2 Is Bigger, Better, and Bad-ass-ier

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Frostbite3789 said:
Necromancer Jim said:
Weren't those exact words used when Cliffy B was announcing Gears of War 2?

All I can say is that I hope it is less awful than the original.
If you didn't like the original, in what way do you think you will like a sequel? I can't wrap my mind around it. It's going to be the same basic game.
It's not fundamentally flawed. It could be a very good game if the developers didn't execute every element of it in entirely sub-decent fashion.

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
Colour me exited.

Loved the first one to pieces and I'm certain this one will be no different.

SovietPanda

Jun 5, 2011
Get em Blood! Seriously hoping i can still get my Mordechai on, that lanky little goggle wearing weirdo always made me happy, especially kill stealing from my melee happy housemate. Pretty sure i'll be getting Borderlands 2 on preorder. The only things it needs to improve on the first is an ending that lives up to the rest of the game, and a world that feels slightly more populated.

As a side note, while i wont dispute that the vehichle mechanics were a long long way from perfect, and making those mechanics better could make it easier and more intuitive to get used to. Cruising around the dessert and trying to take out badguys in those clunky dune buggys and flying off cliffs is easily some of the most fun i've had driving anything in anygame. I dont know how to explain it properly but driving those things, after a while, those vehichles felt just the right weight to do and go exactly where i wanted.

Captcha: Objective acklett. pretty sure im some kind of sleeper agent.

Lord Legion

Feb 26, 2010
The first one was awesome... but I had no idea the first one was a "sleeper hit"... I was wanting it from the get go.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
I was hoping that I could carry over my Brick character Mass Effect style because punching a 10 foot tall enemy and watching as he explodes from the impact never gets old :D

AM City Watch

Nov 10, 2010
I'm actually really happy to hear that the sequel is going to feature all-new characters. I enjoyed the first game immensely, but bringing in new ways to play seems to be exactly what's needed to prevent sequel stagnation.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Greg Tito said:
especially considering the characteristic art style was an 11th hour change [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99106-How-Borderlands-Went-From-Brown-to-Brilliant]
From Brown to Brilliant? Because the cell shading made it less brown and monotous? Bwahahahaha!

Anyway, the succes of Borderlands kind of depresses me. The fact that gamers are willing to look over a bland art style, awful AI, NPC's that were non-characters, a bad ending, extremely little variation overall, all that and more for the sake of Skinner Box-style loot spam. *deep sigh*

Ah well, at least the sequel seems to fix at least a few of those things

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Oh god. I sooo want this game.

I missed out on the original Borderlands. I don't want to miss out on this one. It's looking like a great contrast to the upcoming FPSs that are... honestly starting to put me to sleep.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Funny how the weirdest looking thing in these pics is the MCs body build in pic 4. Hes like a super, punk, lumber jack IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE. I cant wait to blast me some space yeti's.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
love the art direction still, and the awesome weaponry...but now I need an incentive to keep playing after it all gets a bit old
oh you know like a story...

but the sequel seems explosively awesome enough so far!

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
sounds like I may enjoy the sequel more than the original.

The original gave me a laugh, but got stale long before the end. The ending itself? hooo boy. blech.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
So the attached images...
were they concept art images or in-game images?
Can't really tell.
Regardless, I'm very excited for the sequel to my favourite game of 2009.

Mailman

Jan 25, 2010
Skooter or no sale. If he's not crooning about catching one of his rides I'm not interested in buying this game.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
Borderlands can fk off. I can't get them to respond to help me with getting the first one running on my computer through the official forums tech section. I loved the game to death on the 360, but so far I'm utterly disappointed with their support and will not purchase future titles from the publisher until I can get the first one running. More upset by their lack of response.