PAX East 2011 Cosplay Gallery

Quizzelbuck

Mar 15, 2011
I was the Mordin in that ME2/Samus pic. I assure you, it WAS a homemade mask.

The Gin and Tonic at the bioware meet and greet sure did help though.

Hey, thanks for posting this picture. Did you take any others?

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
cschraer said:
The girl in the middle of picture 11 looks a little like the default Morgana from League of Legends but I could be wrong
no your right, it is her, although I dont recall seeing her in the LoL cosplay page.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
The Shade said:
J03bot said:
Spent nearly £30 building a Deadmau5 head that no-one at the party recognised due to their music tastes.
To be fair, he's a bit of a niche market.

Canadian DJs represent!
Meh. Still worth it. It's re-usable, and got enough attention from the occasional people who did know it. And even those that didn't were impressed with the effort that went into it.

Ph33nix

Jul 13, 2009
11 is Morgana from League of Legends
19 was Morgana again this time based off of one of the official re-skins (cookies included)

zadra

Mar 2, 2011
"Also, the Samus with the Mass Effect people (23, I think) has really creepy eyes. Or is that just me?"

It's just you :( I'm not a creep, I swear!!
I was just looking at a different camera at that second. lol

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Quizzelbuck said:
I was the Mordin in that ME2/Samus pic. I assure you, it WAS a homemade mask.

The Gin and Tonic at the bioware meet and greet sure did help though.

Hey, thanks for posting this picture. Did you take any others?
I managed to see you guys there- awesome stuff, man. But I feel like the guy in the Shepard costume may have taken something I said the wrong way :p

Also, I'm surprised you don't have a picture of this one girl who had a damn near perfect Morrigan costume. If you didn't see that, you missed out. She convinced me to buy Witch Hunt and Awakening XD

OMGIllithan

Mar 28, 2009
Wow there were a lot I missed I guess. Though you guys missed the ghost busters and the alpha big daddy! There were so many good cosplayers Saturday!

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
zadra said:
"Also, the Samus with the Mass Effect people (23, I think) has really creepy eyes. Or is that just me?"

Very cool to see you commenting on the actual cosplay gallery! I saw you with that group and over at the Penny-Arcade store. Fantastic job with the costume and looking the part. Very pretty. Keep up the fantastic work.

I'm so glad I got to go to PAX, but I'm very upset I couldn't get my costume together. =*( Next time. I believe PAX Prime is the next show? I will attempt to get to that one as well. Anyone else going?

fierydemise

Mar 14, 2008
A few others that I wish I'd snapped photos of that arn't in here, the Morinith (ME2),the little sister (Bioshock) and the some of the very good TF2 costumes (too many to list)

Other general costume trends that I saw, so many TF2 costumes (especially spies), lots of AC1/2 costumes and a surprising number of Shepards.

grimgin

Apr 4, 2010
the creeper was awesome also im sad now i thought the dude in the blue nun dress was a girl and kind of cute

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
-Zen- said:
I lost it at the Bridget cosplayer. I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while. That individual wins everything forever.

Man points to the Chun Li cosplayer.
Me too. That was pure genius.
OP: Odin Sphere cosplays make Red Eyes a happy panda.

Quizzelbuck

Mar 15, 2011
Mr.Pandah said:
zadra said:

Very cool to see you commenting on the actual cosplay gallery! I saw you with that group and over at the Penny-Arcade store. Fantastic job with the costume and looking the part. Very pretty. Keep up the fantastic work.

I'm so glad I got to go to PAX, but I'm very upset I couldn't get my costume together. =*( Next time. I believe PAX Prime is the next show? I will attempt to get to that one as well. Anyone else going?
Aw, now come on. She was not at all creepy. In fact... I thought she seemed rather intimidated by me, the guy in a rubber mask. I feel like i was the one creeping her out or some thing. Plus i had to yell through it at her to be heard.
And don't worry about what ever it was you think you said. Unless it was really awful, it won't leave a mark.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
zadra said:

Was about to say, is Samus in 23 the cosplayer from an article a few days ago? Guess that's a yes!

Damn fine Shepard you met up with there!

EDIT: NO WAIT, I'VE GOT IT! HE'S COSPLAYING CONRAD VERNER FROM MASS EFFECT 2! MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE NOT TO BE!

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
thats the best at pax? D:

well Isabella probably the most authentic looking, next to the 2 assassins. But the rest is pretty crude. Guess im just spoiled from the quality/quantity you get from Comic Con.

btw i met the big black man in the Fenix costume at NYCC.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Shame you guys didn't catch any of the Borderlands cosplayers, those were pretty sweet. Borderlands posted the pics on its facebook page, I particularly like the guy dressed up as a psycho, there were a few Lilith's and even a clap trap!!