PAX East 2012: BioWare Claims TOR 1.2 Is the "Biggest Update Ever"

Parnage

Apr 13, 2010
3 Chiss Force users in the entire Star Wars Lore Does not make chiss a force using race. I am aware of them but it's still utter nonsense to have them as a Playable class. Amusingly enough this still doesn't answer why Chiss would even visit the Republic. The Chiss are one of the most xenophobic races in the galaxy the republic is not them at all. Hell even the Empire is denied off the homeworld.

As far as 1.3 Why should the People who are stuck on dead servers have to wait even longer because Bioware supposedly lacks the technology. I am one of the lucky ones on the high pop realms and I can't imagine trying to play this game on one of the dozen or so near dead realms I see.

You've never seen the flashpoint problems? Really? Hit level 50, do a normal end level flashpoint and enjoy the Green loot drops not even some blue mods, just stuff you end up getting rid of.
Directive 7 as an agent if I am cloned on the 2nd boss infinite clones rather or not the boss dies they keep coming and it's a wipe. Not even Sniper clones, tons of every kind of class. It's silly.

Things like MultiSpec/LFG should of been on at release. 1.2 was supposed to bring basic features into a game and make everyone feel great. Instead we get Chiss on republic, and some content that'll last a month.

I love the potential of this game but every step of the way it seems Bioware needs to be dragged into things and fix things that quite frankly I know where concerns in Beta. It saddens me because the effort and awesome this game has it deserves better then what it's getting.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-maintenance-game-update-1.2-april-12-2012

Apparently it is coming out this week.

WMDogma said:
Did some additional research and found that BioWare confirmed that the "early April" release date was a mix up. Thanks for pointing this out!

cieply

Oct 21, 2009
animehermit said:
cieply said:
Well I had a laugh reading this!

How long it has been since release? Half a year? And JUST NOW they released ranked PvP, it's mind boggling. Imagine playing random scenarios with no goal or rank for half a year! Trust me, any pvp-ers that played TOR where among the first who jumped into the lifeboats.
You have no idea what you're talking about. There has been a pvp progression in the game since launch.
Please explain it to me, because in my mind, it's hard to achieve aynthing in pvp when you don't have ranked games. PvP gear grind doesn't count as it's tedious "carrot on a stick" mechanic.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
animehermit said:
Having ranked Warzones doesn't really add anything to achieve that the game didn't already have before, it does change progression up, and, on the whole, it's more balanced now.

You stated that the game's PVP had no clear goal before, which isn't true, the goal was to hit valor rank 60 for the best PVP gear in the game.
Looks like we'll get the change to find out... less then 12 hours before patch they tell us Ranked WZs are out.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php