Pay Enough For the Second Humble Indie Bundle, Get First as a Bonus

Holy_Handgrenade

Feb 16, 2009
I'm probably going to try this out, steam sales are making a killing out of me lately.

EDIT:
Tipsy Giant said:
I got given the first one as a bonus, but I already bought the first one ages ago, anyone want the first indie bundle?
I'm not one to pass up a free game if you are sure about it add my steam which is displayed on my profile, and I will be iternaly grateful.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
[image height=300 width=350]http://mises.org/Community/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/5/5125.do_5F00_not_5F00_feed_5F00_trolls.jpg[/IMG]
Dem trolls be tricksy.

OT: Amazing deal for a good cause? What's not to love?

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
Eh. $7.50 can buy me better games on Steam.
No it can't.

If you really hate giving money to charity and making children happy, why don't you just select the option to give all the money to the developers?

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
Balobo said:
Pirate Kitty said:
No it can't.

If you really hate giving money to charity and making children happy, why don't you just select the option to give all the money to the developers?
Because I don't like any of those games. Nor do hate making children happy.
You don't like games you haven't tried? hur hur hur

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
Balobo said:
A) You've no idea if I've played any of them, and any assumption would be just that. How silly.

B) So you buy every game that comes out and then find out if you like it or not? Hur hur hur.
A) Might as well assume.

B) Sure, if you're going to say "suvun dullarz can buy me bettar games on steam :3" then yes.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
Balobo said:
Yes, because assuming information based on no evidence whatsoever is definitely the wise thing to do. /sarcasm

That made no sense whatsoever.
THIS makes no sense? You're the one who came into this thread saying that you can buy one good game for seven dollars instead of ten good games.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
Balobo said:
Correct. What you said made no sense.

Also, I view the offered ten games to be awful. Video games and their value are a subjective issue, hun. Thus I would rather spend my money on a single good game than ten I didn't like.
Oh, well if you already own all these games then you might as well not buy it.

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
Balobo said:
Pirate Kitty said:
Balobo said:
Pirate Kitty said:
No it can't.

Because I don't like any of those games. Nor do hate making children happy.
You don't like games you haven't tried? hur hur hur
So isn't that what first impressions are for, you look at a game at a store you don't like how it looks so you don't buy it. I knew I wouldn't like Modren Warfare 2 going in, but I got it for 10 and low and behold I didn't like it :p. So yeah people can make a judge call without playing it.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Balobo said:
THIS makes no sense? You're the one who came into this thread saying that you can buy one good game for seven dollars instead of ten good games.
A statement which makes perfect sense. You can get a good game on Steam for $7, which may or may not be a better deal in terms of what you get for your money. If you don't like the 10 games in the bundle or you just want a game that's not in the bundle, then yeah, maybe someone would rather go to Steam and get one game instead of getting 10 they don't want to touch. Also, we have things called demos, reviews, gameplay footage, and trying a friend's copy. One doesn't need to own a game to tell if they would like it or not, so lay off the "you don't get to decide if you think it's good until you spend money on it" nonsense.

And before someone pops in to say "BUT GETTING TEH TEN GAME U DONT WANT GIVES TO TEH CHARITY LOL", there are other ways to give to charity. Like, say, going to childsplaycharity.com and using one of the numerous ways to help out displayed there. Going to Steam to get a game you want rather than buying 10 you don't so some of your money goes to charity doesn't mean you don't care about charity. So enough with the silly guilt trips. If someone wants to buy games in their normal way of "do I actually want this", that is perfectly fine. There is no need for someone to get 10 games they don't want just because part of the money goes to charity because that isn't the only way to give money to charity.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
mjc0961 said:
Balobo said:
A statement which makes perfect sense. You can get a good game on Steam for $7, which may or may not be a better deal in terms of what you get for your money. If you don't like the 10 games in the bundle or you just want a game that's not in the bundle, then yeah, maybe someone would rather go to Steam and get one game instead of getting 10 they don't want to touch. Also, we have things called demos, reviews, gameplay footage, and trying a friend's copy. One doesn't need to own a game to tell if they would like it or not, so lay off the "you don't get to decide if you think it's good until you spend money on it" nonsense.

And before someone pops in to say "BUT GETTING TEH TEN GAME U DONT WANT GIVES TO TEH CHARITY LOL", there are other ways to give to charity. Like, say, going to childsplaycharity.com and using one of the numerous ways to help out displayed there. Going to Steam to get a game you want rather than buying 10 you don't so some of your money goes to charity doesn't mean you don't care about charity. So enough with the silly guilt trips. If someone wants to buy games in their normal way of "do I actually want this", that is perfectly fine. There is no need for someone to get 10 games they don't want just because part of the money goes to charity because that isn't the only way to give money to charity.
This would be all well and good if the argument was simply she did not want the games for whatever reason and instead was like ok w/e I donate to charity other ways, but I don't really feel like donating in this particular charity drive.
She, however, made it clear she doesn't believe in charity and she pretty much agreed that she would rather spend the money on herself then give to a charity.
Which is also completely her right and she can do as she pleases, however, the question arises as to why post something like that?
A topic that is supposed to inform people and encourage people to donate to a good cause with the reward of games that people may or may not enjoy is the point of the topic. There is no reason to give a dissenting post to a good cause other than being an obscene troll or terrible misanthrope, which from various other threads, seems to be her modus operandi.

meepop

Aug 18, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
So you'd rather have one or two good games as opposed to 11 average games? You, sir, deserve a slap to the face *Takes a glove off and smacks him with it* Unless the game is discounted during Daily Deals. Then you're good.

chibivash

Apr 2, 2010
kool, i just thought that 10 bucks was a good price to pay. didn't realize i would get another e-mail giving me more for it. i'll probably end up paying more for the next bundle just to compensate. they seem like good causes too.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
Is it possible to use the UK variant of PayPal to pay for the HIB? Just wondering, 'cause I'd quite like to donate.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
Holy_Handgrenade said:
I'm probably going to try this out, steam sales are making a killing out of me lately.

EDIT:
Tipsy Giant said:
I got given the first one as a bonus, but I already bought the first one ages ago, anyone want the first indie bundle?
I'm not one to pass up a free game if you are sure about it add my steam which is displayed on my profile, and I will be iternaly grateful.
Check your PMs, Merry Christmas

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
KaosuHamoni said:
Is it possible to use the UK variant of PayPal to pay for the HIB? Just wondering, 'cause I'd quite like to donate.
Yeah i'm in the UK and they accepted my paypal