PC Gamer? I'm afraid I have some bad news. Xbox 360 Gamer? I have some good news

Fraggy1

Jun 27, 2012
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a470760/xbox-360-owners-best-in-bedroom-claims-survey.html

According to this survey there is a 97% chance you are crap in bed. However if you own an Xbox 360 there is 54% chance your not that bad. I don't know what happens if you own both.

So there's a 54% chance she wasn't faking it? Awesome.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I am a 360 owner.

__[_______]__

*Tippy2k2 shakes his head no

__[___________________________________________________________________]__

*Tippy2k2 shakes his head yes with a grin on his face

[small]And with that single joke, I create a whole new batch of woman who will swear off men forever. My work here is done.[/small]

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I . I don't even ...

Hell if anything , Wii owners should be the best in bed , with the weird motions controls and the wiimote ...

Edit: i just told my girlfriend about this . Best conversation ever:

Her: i guess i'm in trouble then since i don't play xbox360. Guess i'm bad in bed.
Me: well i do , so i guess i'm amazing in bed . You know there just might be some truth to this story afterall.
Her: * offended look* i hate you !
Me :*troll face * what didn't you find that funny?

Totally worth it.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Journalism uses "statistics" to attack the reader's intelligence. Journalism hits - critical strike!

Let's see 3% of the PC gamers were described as excellent but 54% of Xbox gamers were described as good and above. Hmm.

Also, the survey was conducted by a website that actually deals with vouchers...yeah, that's a respectable source there. Especially since I can't even find the results of the survey on their webpage at all.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
With all the Red Ring o' Death downtime and having to pay Micro$oft for the the privilege of using the internet after already paying for it, and purchasing new XBoxes to replace your RRoD addled old ones. the XBox gamers get more practice, no money to do anything else, and lots of time waiting for your system to get back from repairs.

Or the poll was made up by some lazy 90's kid with an agenda.

Also I gave away my useless XBox years ago... Did I give away my mojo?

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Man the science and accurate polling methods for this study is astounding..oh wait no it's not.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
x-Tomfoolery-x said:
Old news, pal. This has already been discussed in the news room section of the forums.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.405092-Xbox-360-Players-Rated-Best-In-The-Bedroom
That may be the case but that thread was un-noticed by me and so it did not get to hear my joke. Therefore, this threads creation was worth it.

...although now that I'm done ("so soon?", she sighs with disappointment; HA HA! I made another funny!), I suppose we can shut down the thread :p

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I'VE NEVER CRAPPED THE BED MY ENTIRE LIFE! What a redonk statement! Maybe with my nimble PC reflexes, I'll crap in their bed for a change and help the stats!

Oh wait.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Oh yeah that promotion for a corn-chip dip thing!

That was one of the most unscientific studies I've ever had the misfortune to read, mainly because:

1) it was an online survey, ie the same place that voted EA 'The worst US company of 2012' and named Kim Jong Un as TIME person of the year.

2) It was run by Doritos of all people.

3) It was created promote a new dip on Facebook.

That said, asking female gamers what they do after sex is an odd way to promote a corn-chip dip of all things.

I got a good laugh out of it at-least.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
It must be because PC is so much better that you're too absorbed with it to give attention to your partner.
REVERSAL!

Seriously though, this is a pretty crap survey.

synchro_w

Apr 8, 2013
Denamic said:
It must be because PC is so much better that you're too absorbed with it to give attention to your partner.
REVERSAL!

Seriously though, this is a pretty crap survey.
actually, the first part of your post is correct. when i first discovered PCs [yes, i had never really bothered w PCs till i moved south w my gf for university & she bought one simply to avoid the fucking queues to type up her thesis on why john bonham was the best drummer in the world, or for me to type up why josh homme & dave grohl MADE the '00s a decent time for rock music, etc] i had never really played a PC game.

i became addicted within weeks. within 2 years i lost 2 gfs [several probables] to my PC addiction cos i love PC games. yes. it truly is that sad.
what can i say? once i began UFO:enemy unknown/Terror from the Deep i was hooked. it gobbled up my social life like a £1000 an hour hooker giving blowjobs for free.
so, yes, the PC TRULY IS THAT GOOD THAT YOU BECOME SO INVOLVED[ADDICTED] TO USING IT THAT YOU FORGET ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS.

but all good things must come to an end eventually & apart from 1 or 2 half decent games [bioshock?] you go back to relative normality [actually, if multi player was in any way decent -it RARELY is - then i'd still be addicted.

also, surveys [having been someone who has been involved in creating them] are usually based on an illogical use of probabilities and mathematics. like focus groups? they're bullshit.
thnx

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
This looks eerily similar to the dihydrogen monoxide hoax. That thing is lethal, and it makes you a serial killer, you know. And there's just no way to get rid of it.

So I'm just going by "there's lies, there's big damn lies, and then there's statistics" on this one.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I'VE NEVER CRAPPED THE BED MY ENTIRE LIFE! What a redonk statement! Maybe with my nimble PC reflexes, I'll crap in their bed for a change and help the stats!

Oh wait.
Lol, that was the first thing I thought, too. I had to read over it a few times to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

I don't even know what to say about this study. Well, not getting girls into their bed is a stereotype of gamers. I suppose that equals pretty bad performance if you don't get the chance to perform.

..or something.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Vegosiux said:
This looks eerily similar to the dihydrogen monoxide hoax. That thing is lethal, and it makes you a serial killer, you know. And there's just no way to get rid of it.
It sounds like you take this as a joke but have you seen the death rates? Recently it was discovered that at least 20% of the population have died within about a day or so of consuming it. Some scientists claim that the actual number may be quite a bit higher. And that doesn't even count the death's due to ODing on the stuff. Dihydrogen monoxide is nasty and according to some sources the government are in the know and actually encourage its usage in various fields including the food industry.

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
Jokes on you!

Everybody knows us gamerz don't have sex.

Sysly thought, where the "excellent" stat for the Xbox users? My hot neighbour owns one and I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into before I make my move

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
DoPo said:
Vegosiux said:
It sounds like you take this as a joke but have you seen the death rates? Recently it was discovered that at least 20% of the population have died within about a day or so of consuming it. Some scientists claim that the actual number may be quite a bit higher. And that doesn't even count the death's due to ODing on the stuff. Dihydrogen monoxide is nasty and according to some sources the government are in the know and actually encourage its usage in various fields including the food industry.
And the worst part?

It's in our reservoirs. In HUGE quantities.

Every. Last. One. Of them.

There's NO GETTING RID OF IT. We're cursed to guzzle the stuff until we die. Madness, I tell you. Can't believe the government hasn't banned it.

OT: There is no "doomed to being bad in bed". There is only "I'm too proud to ask my significant other what she wants me to do".

With that in mind, I guess it makes sense. I'm proud as hell to be a PC gamer.