PC Games you are surprised aren't digitally available?

monm11

Sep 21, 2012
i can't seem to find Star Trek: Armada I + II anywhere. Nice RTS, that captures the atmosphere of the Star Trek: next generation series quite well. An Win7-capable Rerelease would be nice!

Jeremy Dawkins

Oct 17, 2011
Recusant said:
Grim Fandango. The last of the Golden Age of LucasArts adventure games. Not available anywhere. I still have my discs, but it's a damn shame that no one who doesn't have them can't play it. Nowadays, I'm sure they're holding back for the sake of the remake, but that's a very recent development; it was held back even while all (or nearly all, I'm not sure) of its siblings were released. Dangit, Disney, what's the holdup?
Grim Fandango is getting a remaster so it will soon be more readily available for people who love it, and people who love LucasArts games but haven't tried it yet (like me).

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Warcraft 2

Every couple of years I naturally revisit WC3 and in doing so I always WANT to revisit WC2. Despite still owning my physical copy of the game I can't get it to run on my computers. Nor does Blizzard or GoG sell a convenient working copy of the game. I'm left to frown and simply play WC3...the far superior title.

Runner Up: Maniac Mansion: Day Of The Tentacle
Not sure what is preventing this game from being put up on GoG or Steam.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. It's easily the best Spider-Man game available for PC, yet you can only buy a hard copy of it. It's so strange. Granted, the web-slinging isn't the best, but it's the closest we've gotten to a true web-slinging game. Sure, Energy Hook will be awesome fun when it's finished, but a good Spider-Man game would be so much fun simply because of the established universe and characters.

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
Every PC game is available digitally, even if not all of them are available for buying.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong on any of these, but I'm gonna go with the following

1. Old LucasArts Adventure titles. I'd love to play the original Sam and Max games or maybe try my hand at Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle

2. The Trail games. Y'know, Oregon Trail, Yukon Trail, all those fun ones. The only one I can find anywhere is Organ Trail and...eh, no offense to the creators of that game, I just don't like it as much.

I can't find them on GOG or Steam. I've REALLY been wanting to play Yukon Trail but I just can't find it anywhere. I found an emulator file for it and stuff but I can't get it to install. I couldn't get any of the ones I found to install.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Strain42 said:
Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong on any of these, but I'm gonna go with the following

1. Old LucasArts Adventure titles. I'd love to play the original Sam and Max games or maybe try my hand at Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle

I can't find them on GOG or Steam. I've REALLY been wanting to play Yukon Trail but I just can't find it anywhere. I found an emulator file for it and stuff but I can't get it to install. I couldn't get any of the ones I found to install.
Sam and Max hit the road and the Secret of Monkey Island are available on GOG. Day of the Tentacle(as well as Grim Fandango) are supposed to be released next month on GOG/Steam.

Coach Morrison

Jun 8, 2009
Shaun Kennedy said:
So the other day I had a hankering to play the game "The Movies" again but I couldn't find one of my discs so I decided I'd forego the "pleasant" experience of digging through my closet for one disc and just buy it digitally...

Steam? Nope.
GoG? Not a chance
...Origin? Nadda

This game isn't available for digital download!

I went looking around and apparently some other titles from Lionhead aren't available either, like Black & White and it's sequel Black & White 2

This got me wondering:

What other PC Games aren't currently available digitally? Is there any explanation for this?

Captcha = Join the millions!
"The Movies" actually was on steam for a while, it's still in my steam library. I'm guessing Lionhead ran into some problems with someone or something at some point and anything they had online just got pulled.

Hezz

Dec 17, 2011
Elfgore said:
Stubbs The Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse. A game that was quite popular, or at least going by the internet, has yet to receive a digital release. The company that does it would probably make some wicked sales.
Shaun Kennedy said:
So the other day I had a hankering to play the game "The Movies" again but I couldn't find one of my discs so I decided I'd forego the "pleasant" experience of digging through my closet for one disc and just buy it digitally...

Steam? Nope.
GoG? Not a chance
...Origin? Nadda

This game isn't available for digital download!
Strange. I remember gifting The Movies to a friend on Steam, along with its expansion, and I happen to own Stubbs the Zombie on steam, myself. Were both these games removed from the Steam Store at some point or something?

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Bad Jim said:
The first two Civilization games.
This.

I still have my disc copy of Civ II but while it didn't take much effort to get it running on a laptop I had that ran on vista, it seems completely incompatible with Windows 7 or Windows 8.

Death_Cometh

Jul 24, 2014
I have plenty of these.

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 1+2. I loved these growing up and EA has not seen fit to put them on Origin yet which would honestly be enough to make me install it and get an account and everything.

Chaos League. Man I wish I knew what happened to my hard copy. One of the most fun sports games ever since you were allowed to kill you opponents if it seemed easier.