[PDQ] Rise of the Divines: A Godgame RP - Game Thread (Closed, Started)

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
[HEADING=1]Oriscos[/HEADING]

For a brief moment, the young world of Oriscos, just past it's years as a worldseed, fell silent. The sentient beings could not explain this phenomena, they had learned to ignore their instincts long ago. But the world knew. Gods had arrived on Oriscos. Beings of power had stepped onto the plane before, but no god had ever set foot on this worldseed. Until now...

[hr]

Okawaru

Ruins and bones jutted out from the sands of the Dustlands. Bodies upon bodies lay still on the sands, Okawaru stood over the mountain of corpses in trimuph. Blood dripped from his spear - a spear that had torn the robes of mages in two. Nevertheless, scavengers began to gather. One of them being a ragpicker in pale robes.

[hr]

Archon

Smoke rose from the ruins of the tinkerer's workshop. Smoke that could be seen from the center of Swansdale - a small, but prosperous town in the Heartlands. A number of residents rushed to the scene - some drawn by curiosity, others drawn to protect the town in case of fire. Those with buckets of water and those without arrived and saw a solitary figure standing along the ashes.

[hr]

Raetic

The word-god awoke in the center of a strange stone structure in the tundra of the Northlands. It was comprised of stones and rocks of various sizes, some large enough for some to doubt whether the landmark was man-made at all. A cacophony of hooves was heard from the distance. Soon, those traveling tribesmen will arrive.

[hr]

Syv

The short, mischievous figure found itself in the cold province of Frostcliff. Among it were figures that were a little taller than Syv that seemed to grumble about anything as they went about their work. Some had braided beards while others wore utilitarian dresses, all ignored Syv as they went about their business. At least, until one of them bumped into Syv.

[hr]

Vul

On the island of Tirias, offerings lay at the feet of Vul. All were hailing the newly-made god as the false god they had worshiped for years and years. However, not all joined in with the hullabaloo. A robed figure watched the horizon carefully with a stern frown while clinging onto a wooden staff, as if that person was waiting for something to happen.

[hr]

Quas

Those in the woods between the Gray Valley and the Sunderspire Mountains would see a strange sight approaching the city of Asterbroke. Mountainglade was a wild place to say the least, where wolves and the like prowled. But no one expected the appearance of a giant centipede, especially not the hunter there. Clearly afraid, he raised his bow at the creature.

[hr]

Odanda

A madman stumbled through the alleyways of Harrowgate - a city situated in the swampy ground of Mortmire - after yet encounter with the green fairy. Some have simply dismissed him as a drunkard. Others have formed a crowd about him, out of interest of the strange things he has uttered. A few barked questions at the First Dreamer, one of them even tried to throw a rotten tomato at him.
[hr]

Mhioden

A page ran through the streets of Silverdock, a city and a hub of trade in the Fisherlands. In his hand was a bird of black and white. Though, it was not just an ordinary bird. This bird would kickstart his career as a knight, if his master kept his word. Then again, he never dared to question his master. He just kept on running through those streets towards his master's house.

[hr]

Effortless: no roll, not counted as actions
Conjure up a small quantity of anything
Talk to someone

Difficulty: 5
Inspiring a single mortal for the term of his/her life.
Creating a -2 or worse magic item.
Identify a magic item in your possession.

Difficulty: 7
Inspiring a small group of mortals (less than 50) for their entire lives.
Creating or altering a one-off living creature smaller than an elephant.
Changing the weather temporarily (eg make it rain for a season, cause a hurricane, etc).
Teach a technology or system of thought to mortals that will offer minor benefits (
Find a mortal who is capable of hiding from you.
Break a weak NPC enchantment.

Difficulty: 9
Inspire a large group of humans (several hundred) with permanent, ongoing effects.
Creating or altering a one-off living creature bigger than a blue whale.
Creating or altering a non-sentient species smaller than an elephant.
Inspiring greatly increased fertility in a land.
Constructing a large building by divine hand.
Teach a technology or system of thought to mortals that will offer moderate benefits
Introduce a major change to the world's structure or its atmosphere without thought of the consequences (eg adding another moon or new islands or draining seas etc)
Break a moderate NPC enchantment.
Raise a small number of dead mortals (less than 50)
Create a weak permanent enchantment (difficulty 7, immediate area of effect)

Difficulty: 11
Creating or altering a sentient species roughly comparable to a human.
Creating or altering a non-sentient species larger than an elephant.
Causing major changes to the topography of a land.
Teach a technology or system of thought to mortals that will offer significant benefits
Grant transmittable immortality of a sort to a small group of humans (eg vampires; immortality with a major instant-kill weakness, basically)
Grant genuine immortality and invulnerability to a single human. They will gain the quality Immortal +0 as long as their god still lives. This does not include superpowers (eg the ability to break out of a prison cell).
Cause an entire land to change its way of life permanently with global effect.
Find a powerful NPC entity which is capable of hiding from you.
Create a moderate permanent enchantment (difficulty 9, immediate area of effect)

Difficulty: 13
Summon a volcano, rain of fire or other devastating land-focused event.
Create a +0 magic item.
Teach a technology or system of thought to mortals that will offer enormous benefits
Break a strong NPC enchantment.
Coerce or impose your influence on a powerful NPC.

Difficulty: 15 Cost: 1AP
Create a new rule, or disable one of the existing rules of the universe in an area (eg gravity, existence of magic etc)
Introduce a major change to the world's structure or its atmosphere without causing any lasting damage to the world (eg adding a new moon, new islands etc)

Difficulty: 17 Cost: 1AP
Create a +2 magic item
Create or alter a sentient species vastly superior to a human (GM and player to agree on any bonus/es, eg immunity to disease, invulnerable to certain types of weapons etc)
Break an incredibly powerful NPC enchantment.
Create a strong NPC enchantment (difficulty 13, immediate area of effect)

Difficulty: 19 Cost: 1AP
Change one of the rules of the universe across the entire world. This is likely to have a catastrophic effect.
Create an incredibly powerful enchantment (difficultly 17, immediate area of effect)

AP (Action Points)

All gods receive 1AP per Rank per Age (if you start an age at +4 you have 2, and so on) to spend on DC15 and above actions. At the start of each Age the gods get a recharge. AP cannot be collected or banked.

You may burn an action point in order to give yourself an additional domainless +2 to your roll.

Game Start! Usergroup link is here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Rise-of-the-Divines].

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
Archon-Outskirts of Swansdale

Archibald gathered his senses as the flames around him were starting to be put out. Wiping the ash from his goggle, he surveyed the smoldering crater that was his workshop. "How am I alive?" The first thought in the tinkerer's head as he saw that not only was he unscathed, but not even his clothes were torn.

Then, he felt it, like a warm tingle all over his body, it radiated out of him just like the crystal...he was now infused with its power. Archibald was tempted to search for the strange crystal, but he had a feeling it no longer existed. It made no difference anyway, as Archibald could feel potential within himself, potential to be more than just a lonely tinker.

"Archibald?!" The dazed deity heard hushed whispers coming from all around, the smoke clearing to reveal that most of the town had gathered around the ruins of his workshop. "Is that you?!"

Archibald himself didn't really know how to answer, or to explain...until it dawned on him that showing was better than telling. Picturing a great wind in his mind, Archibald swiftly waved his hand over the ruins of his home. Instantly, a strong gust blew away the smoke and smothered the embers, leaving the townsfolk in awe. "I am no longer Archibald..." The immortal rose from the crater and walked into the crowd, who began to back away and bow. "...I am...Archon...and there is much work to be done."

Archon had great plans for Swansdale...and the rest of the world would have no choice but to follow.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
Raetic - Northlands

The god woke up.

He decided that he needed a body. Just knowing that he was awake wasn't quite good enough for him; he wanted to see, to hear, to feel, to exist. He wanted to be a part of the world around him, instead of just hanging about in the background as some nameless force.

So he willed himself into reality. Instinctively drawing upon energies that he didn't fully understand, the deity forged a vessel for himself, choosing a form that it somehow knew was familiar and pleasing to the world. Two arms, two legs, a head. Eyes, nose, tongue, ears, fingers, toes. A body the color of tanned leather, hair the color of dried ink. A garment, solely because he liked the look of it. Why would a god need to worry about something as trite as modesty?

With a shape in mind, the deity created. His body would not be a product of the natural world, but merely a very good facsimile of it. It would not be comprised of flesh, blood, and bone, but of a nigh-indestructible substance that copied the appearance and feel of them. It would have not have a heart, stomach, lungs, or any other organ that could be damaged and fail, yet it would function as though it did. A form that could experience the world to the fullest, yet could shrug off any of the world's dangers with ease. Yes. That would do nicely.

Raetic willed it, and he existed. Because his will was an absolute force to this world; if he desired something, then it would be his. That was his truth.

But for now, he didn't desire anything. For now, he was content to simply stand there, staring out at the world around him. The chilly air brushed against his bare skin and his breath misted as it poured forth from his lips and nose, but he didn't mind the cold. The stone beneath his feet was smooth and solid, an aged thing that had weathered countless years of exposure to the elements. Dimly, Raetic wondered which was older, himself or the stone.

Bah. Details like that didn't really matter. They both existed, and that was enough for now.

Slowly turning on his heel, the god idly noted the scenery around him. Massive monoliths of stone, each of them covered with countless symbols and etching. With a mere glance, Raetic memorized each and every one of the glyphs, storing away in a place where he could never truly forget them. Their shapes, their meanings, their very essences, he put them all away inside himself. And as he did so, the same symbols began to dance across his body, swarms of living letters that sprouted from nowhere and arranged themselves in patterns that only he could possibly understand.

There. They were a part of him now.

Wanting to see more, Raetic leaped to the top of one of the structures, reaching the top of the twenty foot stone without a shred of effort. He noted the seemingly endless wilderness that seemed to surround him on all sides, the gray, empty sky overhead, and the column of men, horses, and other beasts of burden heading in his direction.

Having seen his surroundings, the god lowered himself to a sitting position. Then, he did what most people tend to do when they wake up. He went back to sleep.

Create a physical avatar: Effortless

Take a nap: Effortless

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Vul, Tirias

Vul grinned underneath the layers of clothes hiding most of his face and body. The parts of blonde hair that stuck out looked as if it were almost burning, and his brightly lit orange eyes made it clear that he was not a normal human, but a god. Even so, he wanted to cover up his face like this, making sure he wasn't recognized. After all, they did not know who he was, or rather, had been, and he intended to keep it that way. Had it not been for the grand celebration that had been held for him -an attempt at apologizing for giving the false god a male instead of a female, probably- he would never have shown himself in front of them again. Man, was it good to be a god, too good to be true. However, it was.

The former mortal chuckled as another beautiful woman brought him something, food this time. He eyed her, taking measures and enjoying the amount of bare skin the traditional outfit of the islanders, but she quickly got scared, interacting with a god wasn't something they were used to, after all. It was a rare species of fish, delicious, but hard to cook correctly, from what he remembered. He was sitting on a hastily prepared, but also costly throne, and it with the music and decorations in the background, was enjoying himself quite a lot. For it being an apology to a divine being, the islanders sure knew how to entertain themselves.

In the corner of his eye he could spot the devastating damage he was responsible, and he just shrugged. He was a god, and they had wronged him. Because of that, they had to pay, else they wouldn't learn. They were just silly mortals, and he would soon leave them to be, and enjoy their hard, dull and worthless mortal lives on their own. He took a bite of the fish, and drank some of the drink they had prepared, fresh water with the juice of the best fruits on the island. It was luxury items, like most else he had been brought. However, the volcano god has his own whims, and although it had been a nice experience, he still hated all of them. A lot. He stood up, and the very next instance, the village head almost ran towards him, probably the god had been offended by anything. The leader had to make sure the god hadn't gotten angry again, after all.

Before the man had seemed like a very strict and strong man, but now he was puny. Puny and pathetic, just a mortal. Vul was a god, and he could have anything he wanted. Anything. Anyone. And he needed to show the islanders this, so they understood it. That meant only she would do. The village leader spoke."Great God of the Volcano, why have you arisen from your seat? Is there anything you desire?"

"There is, mortal. I desire..." his tone turned more malicious, and his eyes shone as he remembered who he had been sacrificed for, so long ago. The reason he had been chosen to be thrown in the volcano. "Your daughter." The man in front of him paled.

"M-my daughter? Great God of the Volcano, w-what do you intend to do with her?"

"I intend to take her back with me." The things he wanted were simple instincts and desires. "Not to the volcano, of course. But she will live very close to it, and I will be the only one she interacts with. Understood?" He made it very clear that he would not take a no for an answer. The village head nodded, slowly. "Yes, I understand." Then, he called her name, and she appeared alongside him. The father explained to his daughter that she was to be given to the god, regret, fear and sadness clear in both of them. Vul felt glee as they suffered through their goodbyes, and as he could take revenge on some of the people he had grown to dislike the most.

He made her collect all the offerings, and then made her walk alongside him, she carrying the rather heavy items. At first, they walked in silence, but he spoke, at last.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Surprised by the question, the young woman wasn't sure what to answer. "Answer," he commanded.

"Yes, Great God of the Volcano, this is a great honor." Her clear insincerity annoyed him, it felt as if she was being disrespectful.

"Shut up."

"I apologize, Great God of the Volcano." Yet again, she sounded as if she wasn't the mortal, and he wasn't the god.

"You stupid woman! I know you're not enjoying yourself. And I don't want you to either."

"I understand, Great Go---"

"BE QUIET!" he exclaimed, as fire appeared on his hands. She looked baffled, as if she had just realized something.

"I-it's you, isn't it?" she asked. "Kei---"

"Is dead," he replied flatly. "Don't remind me of how much you islanders offended me with that, else you will suffer." She nodded carefully, frightened, but she kept examining him. Finally, she spoke, but her voice lacked the familiarity she had tried to speak with before. "Great God of the Volcano, what do you intend to do with me?"

"You're a female mortal, I'm a male god. I'm sure you can work it out on your own." She couldn't help but shiver, looking small.

"I-I understand, Great God of the Volcano." He sighed.

"I'm not going to force you." The young woman looked visibly relieved, even though the sun had started to leave, the sky filled with colors. "You're not?" she asked, forgetting herself for a slight moment. "Great God of the Volcano."

"Of course not." He let it sink in, let her start to believe it. "However, this is how it's going to work. I will keep you alive for a couple of years. If you do anything to upset me, I might just bring you to the volcano myself, and watch as you suffer and melt from the intense heat." She gasped, and he continued. "Or, I could easily destroy a couple of more houses. Of course, if you please me, and give into my desires, I might be in a good mood when I'm deciding what to do about you." He grabbed her chin and looked into her eyes, she looked extremely horrified as he did. Vul slowly grinned. "Do you understand?" She nodded, and went completely quiet. They walked in silence, until they reached the place where he intended to keep her, a source of fresh water very close to the volcano.

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
Odanda, Harrowgate

"The Lady speaks!" raves the First Dreamer, gesturing with his half-empty bottle at the crowd. "She whispers in my mind, such sweet, sweet words, and when I sleep she comes before me in her glory!" He turns to the other half of the circle, and the pale-green fluid turned with him, glimmering in the lamplight. "I woke in the hurricane, you see, the hurricane of dreams, and I saw it was dreaming too, so I woke it, I woke her, and now she resides inside of me!"

A bruised red globe rises in an arc above the heads of the crowd and strikes the madman on the cheek, spattering his tangled beard with red. The madman whirls around and shrieks, high and shrill. "You think me mad! You think me a drunkard! But I am wiser than you, all of you, for I have spoken with a... a..." The fire in the madman's eyes dulls a bit, but he soon regains his footing. "There is no word for what she is! She is transcendent! And through her, I am transcendent, drunkard or not." He takes another swig from the bottle and shakes as the absinthe hits him. "So... So there."

A portion of the crowd begins to drift away, as his spiel grows more and more out of control. The First Dreamer pays them no mind, instead opting to turn again, to address the other side of the crowd. "You will know her too! She lives in the vortex, in the great twisting dream, and she will visit you as you sleep, whether you know it or not! And while you sleep," and here his voice grows low, so that the crowd has to lean in to hear him, "she will whisper." His voice rises to a pitch. "Yes, she will whisper, and if you choose to listen, she will tell you such wonderful things! Such beautiful, wonderful things!"

More of the crowd leaves.

"All you must do is know of her, my friends! Just ready your mind as you sleep, and she will come to you! When she speaks, you will know such bliss, my friends, such happiness as you have never known!" The bottle flew from his hands as he gesticulated, and fell to pieces at his feet. The First Dreamer paid it no mind. "Open your minds to her! Open your minds to the whisperer! Open your minds... to ODANDA!"

And now only a few stragglers remained, no more than twenty, half made up of curious citizens and half made up of fellow drunkards. A sorry lot for the most beautiful woman alive, thought the madman, but as he stood there, arms raised, green liquor pooling at his feet, Odanda spoke. "These are the ones," she said, "These will be the first of my followers." In his mind, Odanda took twenty of her arms and reached out, into the minds of the watchers. And then, as she grasped at their thoughts, she began to whisper.

Inspiring a group of mortals (less than 50): 7 (Dreams +2)

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Quas, the outskirts of Asterbroke

Quas looked down curiously at the frightened hunter, a mixture of joy and hope rising in him as he examined the individual. A tool user, a clear indication of intelligence, an omnivore judging by both the position of its eyes and the variety of types of its teeth. The intelligence part especially interested him, the creature was certainly not equal to him in power but it might prove at least able to provide him stimulating company. Of course there was the matter of how terrified the man was, shaking even as he aimed the bow at Quas.

With a sound like someone exhaling deeply Quas's form diminished to about the height of the man, who lowered his bow staring in shock and wonder at the being before him. Quas spoke, his words seeming to come from his whole body rather than his mouth, "Don't be afraid, I will not harm you," he said filling his words with a calming effect, the language of the mortal springing into his mind with ease. It occurred to him that this mortal was clearly a social creature, and that he would both know of others like him and be able to lead him to them, but also that they might react similarly to this mortal.

The problem seemed easily solved though, one of his antenna extended to the man and touched his forehead gently, and he spoke again. "You will be my messenger, my prophet," he said "I wish only for you to take me to your people, and to explain to them that I am not to be feared. I only wish for your friendship and there is much I can do to aid you."

Even as he attempted to inspire the mortal he wondered if perhaps there were others like him that the mortal might know of. He hoped so at least, and if not then he was certain that his power could aid these mortals if they could overcome their fear of him. The act of delivering inspiration was new to him, but all of life was his domain and the mortal was certainly alive, and while he was careful not to remake the man's mind but rather to guide it he was sure that his inspiration would last through the man's life, were it to take hold.

Inspiring a single mortal for his entire life: 5 (Life +2)

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
Mhioden - Silverdock

The page held the magpie tightly as he ran his master?s sword dragging and scraping along the floor, the page had probably been sent to have it resharpened, but with the way it was bumping against the road it would soon be a shapeless piece of junk. That wouldn?t do at all Mhioden thought, was her capture so important that he would risk his master?s wrath and the continuation of his training? The boy should?ve stayed on the farm, at least there his skill in capturing birds might be put to use. Here it might owe him a favour or two, perhaps three, but from there it would be back grueling training and serving to his master?s every beck and whim until he finally became a knight, a good eight or so more years Mhioden guessed.

Nevertheless, Mhioden felt like today had been a day of change in this land. A spark of power had been bestowed to her to carry out the whims of the gods from her land, not unlike the page. However, today was different, today that spark had flared into something greater, she could feel power similar to that of her homeland radiating from this one, but it was weak. Maybe other entities had found such power? Was today the day that gods arrived in Oriscos?

Perhaps Mhioden could twist this boy to her whims, set her free for the right price or cause.

?Boy,? A whispering hum of a voice appeared out of nowhere, only the boy could hear it, somehow he knew it was from the bird in his hands, ?Set me free and I can reward you with something your master cannot, I can reward with more than gold or silver, I can give you the secrets of power.?

<spoiler=Actions> Inspiring a single mortal for his entire life: 5 (Secrets +2)

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
Frostcliff - Mining Village

Dwarves; why did it have to be dwarves? Syv scanned the bustling crowd with a groan of discontent. Out of all its watchings within the Chaos it had always despised the dwarves. Their stoic minds and staunchness in tasks was all too stifling for the whimsical and often disharmonious behaviour of the pint sized god. It couldn't have imagined a worse fate than to come into being within a dwarven mining camp smack dab in the middle of Frostcliff. Kicking the dirt with a furious vengeance in frustration, Syv stomped its way into the bustling crowd to try and cobble together some sort of meager entertainment for it to enjoy.

There was at least one saving grace for the tiny god to take comfort in. The mining camp seemed to be in the midst of preparing for a festival. Syv?s chest swelled with excitement as its eyes darted back and forth, trying to take in the splendorous activity of preparing for celebration. Bright ribbons of shining metallics and bright teal littered the normally drab camp, being hung with care by women on stepping ladders. Trinkets and baubles of all shapes and sizes were suspended from great cliffs jutting out above them, seemingly floating in the air as they spun or chimed or shifted in various other ways to dance in the wind. Whole wreaths of shimmerleaf crinkled as they were laid upon each door in the community, reflecting the sunlight like parchment thin sheets of metal. Everything was eye-catching and Syv couldn?t help but skip about as it observed all of the preparations. Maybe these dwarves weren?t so boring after all?

It didn?t take long before adventure had bumped into it, so to speak. One of the normally diligent dwarves walked headlong into Syv, delivering enough crates to block his vision to some unknown destination. The poor bearded thing was even more surprised when the Eternal Smile simply wisped through him like a ghost! The dwarf fell flat on his face, the containers spilling out all their delicate decorations onto the street, yet he didn?t seem to be terribly preoccupied by that little setback. What held his attention was the three foot cloaked figure standing above him, an inhumanly large toothy grin of a thousand small needle teeth smiling back at him. The poor miner was paralyzed with fear, trying to scream in pure instinctual terror to get assistance from the neutral crowd but finding no noise being produced. Instead he simply trembled, wondering how long it would be until his life was ended.

?Sup beardy?? Syv squeeled in delight as the gears in its head turned furiously to construct some scheme.

The dwarf could only stammer in return, unsure of how to take the unfolding events. His skin was as pale as the snow, his fingers rubbing against his palms to rid them of the clammy sweat. Pinching himself to make sure he was still awake, the dwarf resigned to this encounter not simply being a dream ? or a terrible nightmare. Syv, on the other hand, didn?t seem terribly disconcerted with the anxiety of the dwarf. It simply wanted answers and that dwarf was going to give them to it.

?By Theo?s anvil, what are you?? the dwarf managed to whisper, now in sheer awe of the power displayed by Syv.

?Not important beard brain,? the god piped back. ?I need to know whatcha doin?? Where ya goin?? Why?s there a party??

The dwarf grumbled back into his stoic nature, befuddled by the behaviour of the stranger. True, he may not have been a dwarf, but everyone in Frostcliff knew about the Ingot Fair. Sending a ham hock hand gently through his impressively sized beard, the dwarf studied the odd creature before explaining the events around them.

?Why, boy, this is the Ingot Fair! The tradition goes back as far as time itself. We pray to the god of the core, Theophylaktos, for safe travels within his domains. The artisans craft many intricate pieces to garner favour from The Sleeper, hanging them about on display to hopefully amuse him on the sole day that he wakes within the year.?

Syv had listened intently to the starchy mannered dwarf and had been rewarded with a nugget of truly interesting information. So there were others like him within this world already? The idea of causing discord within a pantheon of gods equal to itself was too tantalizing an offer to refuse. The sheer amount of amusement he could derive from twisting great feats of creation would be astronomical. He needed to find these gods. But there were other matters to attend to first.

"You're gonna listen, and listen good, cause I've got a job for ya," Syv stated matter-of-factly to the mortal before him.

Its plan was then unfolded before the dwarf, explaining in intricate detail what the bearded mortal would have to accomplish. With each word the dwarf would become more entranced, Syv flexing the power it had been given to form a geis. With any luck the creature would be smart enough to do its bidding and not wander off and get itself killed.

Inspiring a single mortal for the term of his/her life: DC 5 (Mischief +2)

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Okawaru - Dustlands

The wind picked up and blew across the sands. After shielding his eyes from the onslaught of sand, the ragpicker looked again, back at where he thought he saw a tall figure with a spear. Now there was nothing. The ragpicker looked again. Still, nothing. He shrugged and got on with his grim work. He told himself that it just was a silly mirage and began to hum.

[hr]

Archon - Outskirts of Swansdale

A particularly zealous citizen began to follow the reborn tinkerer as he walked on. He shouted questions across to Archon, about the source of his power, and what he was going to do with it. Meanwhile, the other townsfolk simply settled back into their everyday lives. Wood had to be chopped and chickens had to be feed, after all.

[hr]

Raetic - Northlands

The swarm of man and beast soon arrived on the scene and spotted a strange figure sleeping on one of the tallest stones of the megalithic structure. A burly man dismounted and picked up a rock, intent on throwing it at the sleeping man. The only thing that stopped him was an elderly woman who blew a horn of some sort before he could throw the rock. The sound was deafening.

[hr]

Vul - Tirias

The robed man shook his head in disgust at the behaviour of the Great God of the Volcano. Though, he was disgusted at some of his fellow islanders as well. This was hardly the time for celebrations. In despair he ran after Vul and managed to catch up with him. The deity seemed obvious to his efforts, so he tapped Vul with his staff and said, "Great Volcano God, an old enemy will come soon..."

[hr]

Odanda - Harrowgate

The twenty stood still in shock as Odando whispered to them. Few could resist her call and they were astounded with the imagery that filled their minds. After this lull, they soon joined in with the madman's revelry. "She speaks!" Some shouted as they converted to Odanda's cause. Others even tried to lap up what remained of the green liquid in an attempt to follow the First Dreamer's example.

[hr]

Quas - Outskirts of Asterbroke

The hunter released his grip on the bow, its fall went unnoticed. He had got it wrong, he had got everything wrong. This was a creature of benevolence, not a wild beast. That moment, he swore never to take a life again. The hunter did not want to continue to insult this being of life. He turned to the creature and pointed out the path to Asterbroke and began walking.

[hr]

Mhioden - Silverdock

The sound of the sword scrapping on the floor stopped as the page stopped in his tracks. Secrets of power? But he was no idiot. He walked across and leaned on a wall, bird still in hand. He whispered to his feathered friend, "Alright birdie, you 'ave a deal. But as soon as I release you, you'll just scarper, yeah? As soon as you give me one of 'em secrets of power, I'll release you, yeah?"

[hr]

Syv - Frostcliff

"Aye, that's a fine plan." The dwarf said in reply to Syv's words, his voice then died down to a whisper, "I'll do it." All around the two, the festival continued unabated. However, a solitary trading boat started to sail in the direction of the Fisherlands. For the most part, it was ignored, even though it was taboo to work on a festival day.

[hr]

Jax - Riverlands

Something purred on a trade barge filled with merchandise. While outside, oblivious to his passenger, a merchant shouted about the various things he had for sale and the various deals. His voice joined the various others that hawked their wares on the biggest of the Three Sisters that ran through the Riverlands. Those three rivers fuelled both trade and agriculture, not to mention commerce...

[hr]

Roll Links: Odanda's [http://orokos.com/roll/126450], Quas's [http://orokos.com/roll/126454], Mhioden's [http://orokos.com/roll/126476] and Syv's. [http://orokos.com/roll/126479]

I'll edit in the newbie's intro later, when I get a reply to that PM.

Done and done.

Just to clarify - yes, the Fat Cat is in a middle of a floating market.

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
Archon - Swansdale

The new god frowned as he strode through the town, seeing that the crowd following him had shrunk to one probing individual. "Oh, and what work would you have us do? Oh, will you give us the same power that you have?"

"Rickon!" Archon suddenly turned and had the adolescent run into him, knocking the mortal back. Rickon had been one of Archon's "admirers" in his past life. He constantly dropped by the workshop to see what the former tinkerer was doing, studying his craft. However, his inquisitive nature sometimes got on the nerves of the townsfolk, even Archon, in his past life, was not immune to being annoyed by it. Although, seeing as he was the only one who seemed to stay by Archon's side, the boy could be useful.

With the last outburst able to keep Rickon quiet, the pair walked to the entrance of the Swansdale plaza, currently empty as the townsfolk went about their daily business. "First thing is first, I will need a new workshop. Perhaps this will impress these people to stop and take notice." Archon took a deep breath as he summoned the power within, picturing a tall tower in his mind, one that could bring these jaded mortals to stare in awe. Then, the god waved his hand, forcing the image in his head out into the world.

Build a large building by divine hand (Archon's Workshop)-DC: 9 [+2 Magical Artifice]

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
Raetic - Northlands

The sounds of clopping hooves and talking men and boots crunching through snow and creaking wagon wheels mixed into a horrendous cacophony of discordant sound, one just barely loud enough to wake the dreaming dead from their rest eternal.

So in other words, it fell just short of being able to awaken a snoozing god.

Oh sure, Raetic heard the caravan approach his makeshift bed. His face scrunched up in irritation and his hands instinctively covered up his ears, but by some miracle or another he managed to remain in the world of the unconscious. He was having a very good dream at the moment, and would wake up when he was quite done enjoying it, thank you very much.

Yes, that was it, he mused happily to himself, the ghost of a grin flitting about his features for a few seconds. He'd just stay here for a bit longer and would get to work once he-

[HEADING=2]BBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~[/HEADING]

Sputtering (mostly) incoherent threats and curses, the god shot bolt upright, the unholy sound of that horn echoing in his ears. As an irritated hiss escaped his lips, Raetic twisted his head back and forth, his eyes scanning the landscape around him for the source of his torment. After a few seconds, he finally locked eyes with the old woman on the ground, far, far below.

"Oi!" the deity roared, setting his visage into an annoyed scowl. "The hell was that for!?"

Growling, Raetic rose to his feet and launched himself off the top of the monolithic pillar, hurling himself into thin air and... landing there. A good twenty feet above the rocky ground below him. "I was trying to sleep, you know! Rest a little bit, get my bearings and my sanity set straight, prepare myself for the coming day! When suddenly, a thagann tú chomh maith agus tús a dhéanamh go torann Uafásach!"

Ranting and raving in half a dozen different languages, the god walked downwards, as though descending a staircase that only he could see or feel. His arms flailed about, gesticulating wildly, conveying symbols of irate anger that transcend language barriers. "C'est incroyablement ennuyeux, savez-vous cela?"

Finally touching solid ground, the deity strode over towards the old lady who still had the horn clutched in her hands. Reaching down, Raetic ripped the instrument from her hands, applying enough pressure to cause the old bone to creak ominously. "I'm going to hold onto this for now," he growled, summoning a strap of leather that connected to the horn and then tossing it over his shoulder. "You can have it back when I decide you've learned your lesson."

Humphing, the god spun around on his heel and began ascending his invisible, ethereal set of stairs. "Honestly, the nerve of some people," he muttered to himself as he fiddled about with the horn, scoring symbols onto its aged surface with one of his fingers. "What are they thinking, eh?"

Create a -2 Magic Item: DC 5
+2 Runes (Inscribing runes onto the surface of the horn)

The Call of Slumber: A horn that, when blown, causes those who hear it to become tired and drowsy. -2 [Slumber]

Not really sure if that's how item creation is supposed to work in this game, so let me know if I need to change something.

The (probably erroneous) translations were graciously provided by Google Translate.

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
Odanda, Harrowgate

Odanda loosened her grip on her new followers' minds, and the First Dreamer dared to smile a little. Perhaps the lady would be pleased with him for once. Maybe even offer some praise!

As the Whisperer withdrew her arms, the First Dreamer felt all of her hatred withdraw with her. "Look at these people," she whispered. "They're almost as stupid as you. Why is it that all of you are so, so stupid?"

"Uhh..."

The First Dreamer winced and recoiled as the Lady wrote her anger across his mind. "Every second, every moment since I've had the great misfortune to be thought into being by you, I've felt the whims of the gathered masses, their thoughts and desires, hopes and dreams. And you know what I've learned, oh exalted dreamer? That the mortal populace of this world is oh so very stupid." In his mind, she sighed. It felt like boiling water being poured across his brain. "Tell the drunkards to head back to their holes and spread my word to the other village idiots. Their minds are almost on-par with yours, so they ought to be easier to take when they sleep. As for the rest, tell them to sleep. The instructions I mean to give them are more complicated, and you'd mess it up. And kick the one near your foot. He scares me a little."

And lo, did the First Dreamer carry out the orders of the Transcendent Dream, commanding the drunkards and fools to "bugger off back to the bars and get the other regulars liquored up, maybe they'll, ah, hear Her whispers when they pass out, oh, and get me a drink" the functional citizens to "head back home, have a little lie down, let the Lady figure it out," and giving the man near his foot licking the cobblestones a little nudge, though not to hard. And lo, did the drunkards adjourn in the local tavern and lo, did the normal ones head back to their stone homes and immediately nap in a strange fervor, and lo, did the First Dreamer sleep peacefully for the first time in a week. For the Lady was not with him that night. Instead, she was with the others, whispering to them in their stone homes.

When you wake, tomorrow morning, you will gather together, out in the marshes, with timber and stone and mortar, and you will begin to build me a home. You may enlist the drunkards for labor. It need not be glorious or divine. Simply large enough to capture the imagination. You will do this in a way that does not draw untoward suspicion, but does not repel attention. When you have completed a livable portion of my den, you will begin to forage for mushrooms. Specifically, the Dreamroot, the Bluecap, anything which alters and weakens the mind. I mean to poison the city, children. You must understand this." In their sleep, the white-collar citizens nodded and smiled. Poison the city. What a marvelous plan.

Order followers to build something manually: Effortless

Order followers to forage for Magic Mushrooms: Effortless

Inspire drunkards when they sleep (30): DC 8 [+2 Dreams]

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Vul, Tirias

"Great Volcano God, an old enemy will come soon..."

Vul turned towards the voice, it was only a mortal man. Had he followed them all the way? "Who the hell are you?" he asked, annoyed. The man was robed, and he didn't think he had seen him before. The woman tried to speak, as if he had given her permission. "It's---"

"Shut up!" he commanded, and glared at her. His eyes were glowing orange, as he got more angry. He then looked back at the robed man, and decided to listen to him, only because he had walked that far to say it. It was either really important, or this man was a crazy fool. "What are you talking bout, mortal? Speak, but don't waste my time!"

Had the onslaught of offerings dulled the deity's senses? His fist tightened around the wooden staff, both out of fear and out of anger. In an attempt to hide his fright and his fury, he brought his other arm around and leaned on the staff. With foreboding, he answered the god, "Tides of darkness will come soon to engulf Tirias in a torrent of the ocean's fury. Rumblings create ripples, as you know."

Vul shrugged. He was confused, but he wasn't about to show that. "What are you talking about? I am a god, I have nothing to fear. And I'm in charge of the volcano, not my problem if you all drown." The future leader's eyes got wide as she listened to what the man said, but she quickly looked towards the ground, afraid of angering the god.

"No islanders, no sacrifices," The robed man shrugged as he tried to appeal to Vul's appetites, "A drowned volcano will be all that will be left..." His eyes settled on the poor woman that Vul took, a salty tear almost escaped as he drifted out to thoughts about the fate of the island if the stubborn god refused to listen, and the fate of the island if he did. In both futures, there was misery ahead, but a life in misery was better than a watery grave.

Vul growled. "Do you think I'm a simpleton?! Of course I know that!" he yelled. Of course, truth was that he hadn't even considered that, obvious as it was. Fire appeared again, and he narrowed his eyes. "I'm considering it, don't rush me!" It was clear that he would have to do something. However, even if he knew how a volcano worked, he had no idea about the rest, he was new to this whole thing. Besides, he felt like taking the easiest route out, leave them all behind while he travelled through the magma, just to spite them. Vul finally gave in. "I might do it," he said. "What the hell do you want me to do?!"

The old man clutched the staff tighter as Vul yelled. What he was dealing with here was more like a spoiled child rather than a god that had clawed out of the primordial chaos to spread chaos of his own. Curious. In times past, it was said that all that was needed to halt the ocean's fury was a prayer and a sacrifice. No arguments, no fuss. Nevertheless, he answered the deity's question,"I beseech you to shield this island from a great wave that seeks to drown Tirias. Simply what you have done before age after age - surely you remember this?"

He grinned upon realizing that this great danger of his was something that had passed all this time, and never taken Tirias. No gods needed, he had realized that there was no god on the isle, right before he became one. "Nope." Vul glanced over at the woman, she was already aware of it, or at least suspected it, given her comment before. "I'm new to the job of volcano god." The old man could probably spot that she knew who he was then, familiarity spreading in her eyes as she made sure to look away from Vul.

Vul frowned upon realizing that this wasn't important at all. "So you were wasting my time! I thought it was something important!" He was about to turn around and leave, until he remembered something. "Also, if you tell anyone about anything, I will give you a very painful death," he threatened the old man.

"It is important, young one." The robed man replied. Nothing on his face revealed his reaction to the revelation nor the look that was on the woman's face, "Once we were nearly wiped out, when whoever was your predecessor judged us unfit for salvation. It happened when I was just a child." He tugged on the staff and pulled himself up so he stood straight, "Kill me if you want, Great God of the Volcano. I'd rather be cremated in lava than drown to death."

Vul started laughing, loudly, clearly still angry, but currently ridiculing the man. What did a mortal know? "There was no predecessor, you stupid fool! There was no great god before me! It was only a bunch of stupid mortals, and a damn volcano!" His voice turned bitter. "And I can throw you in the ocean if burning you to death isn't bad enough."

"Great god of the volcano---"

"What?!" he growled. "Did I tell you to speak?!" She shook her head, but continued.

"What do you mean, no god?" She was clearly afraid, and he saw that and her talking as signs of disrespect. He raised his arm, ready to strike, but stopped, barely. "Shut up, you moron," Vul said as he lowered his arm, and looked towards the old man, hoping he would get to see him lose all of his former beliefs at once.

He nodded slowly, and sadly, somewhat shattered. But in a way it was something relieving that it was just the callous hand of nature that had swept those lives away. Regardless of that, the situation had not changed. This 'god' was not listening. The old man shrunk away and left with foreboding words, "You throw us all to the ocean with those words." He passed alongside the distressed woman as he withdrew and looked into her eyes. She saw a man broken, the old man saw the same look of the previous offerings in hers. They both saw each other's fears.

Vul let the old man leave without doing anything else to him. He had already crushed his beliefs, and ridiculed him, more than that would be wasting his time on a mortal. However, as he started walking, he noticed that the woman wasn't moving, her brown eyes set on the ocean. "Get moving," he told her. He didn't sound very calm, but he had stopped yelling. For now. "We're soon there."

"What if he's telling the truth, great god of the volcano?" she asked. "Or Kei, or whoever you are now." Her voice trembled, but she was brave enough to turn around and look him in the eyes. Honestly, she looked as if she was about to cry. "Would you really risk that, great god of the volcano?"

"Shut up," he said, again, getting closer to her, hoping to intimidate her into submission again. She seemed to ignore it.

"No."

"Don't speak!"

"I will speak. I-if you don't listen to me, I'll go drown myself in the water." He raised an eyebrow, although she couldn't see that.

"I don't give a fuck, it'll be entertaining." Truthfully, he had no intention of letting her do that. However, she didn't seem to be intimidated by the mere presence of a god anymore, and he had things in store for her. She would give in, eventually. The woman looked as if she was about to give up, but she then started removing the upper layers of her clothes, slowly. "If you do it, I-I'll sleep with you right away." Now, this was a bit more interesting.

"Right away?"

"As soon as we know the island is safe," she said. "I'll do whatever you want, great god of the volcano. A-anything." He took a moment, just glancing at her. Vul had never seen her up close before he was a god, and afterwards he had sort of just requested her and dragged her with him. He had to admit she was nicer than he had expected, though. She had long blonde hair, a nice, tanned body, and a beautiful face. The woman was around the same age as he had been before he was a god, barely an adult. Her clothes was uninteresting to him, he just wanted them off.

"How would I even do it?" To be honest, he still wasn't sure what the stupid mortals believed would happen. Waves, the old man had said, right? How would he stop a wave? She pointed at the ocean.

"A wall, great god of the volcano." A wall. He looked over the ocean, it might work. A wall of cold lava. But how was he supposed to make a wall large enough? It took a lot of effort to just get the lava in the right shape, not to mention make it harden fast enough. He groaned.

"Fine! But don't think you can boss me around!" The woman nodded, carefully, but a bit less frightened now that she knew he could be persuaded like this.

"Of course not, great god of the volcano." She almost sounded pleased... she was pleased, wasn't she? Damn woman! Regardless, he decided to do as she said, but only because it would make her submit to him. She already should had, he was a damn god, but he swallowed some of his anger, using it to give himself more power. With that, Vul attempted to create a wall large enough to shield the whole island from the ridiculous waves that he in no way believed would even happen.

Introduce a major change to the world's structure or its atmosphere without thought of the consequences (eg adding another moon or new islands or draining seas etc): DC 9
+ 2 Lava

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Quas - Outskirts of Asterbroke/Asterbroke

Quas was surprised by how sudden and complete the change was in the man, who dropped his tool and immediately began to lead the way. Quas retrieved the bow from the ground before following, and pressed it back into the man's hands.

"I appreciate your show of dedication, but it is not necessary," Quas said, being careful not to offend the man "I would not wish for you to be unable to provide for yourself and for others," he waited for the man to accept the bow before continuing to walk, it was clear he would have much to teach the people of this city.

As they walked he considered how he might present himself to the others, he could not simply show them the truth as he had done with his new follower as they might be too many and stubborn enough to resist his efforts. No doubt they grew crops to help feed themselves, though while he would love to simply bless their fields the results of that would not be immediately apparent, he needed something to win them over to make them see that he desired only friendship. He could likely change how he looked, he had considered that before, but doing so would hide what he was and where he had come from, and he did not wish to lie to those he would befriend. No it had to be an impressive display but not one exceeding his limits, nor one inclined to go horribly awry should he fail.

They soon reached the gates of the city, and his follower went before him warning them against attacking the god, trying to explain to them that Quas was a peaceful creature. Quas remained still while the man spoke, bowing his head humbly while the crowd gathered on the walls as his prophet spoke for him. As he waited he glanced around at the city, it was a delightful place filled with people though it seemed dependent on a river and on a mine of some sorts.

He considered the mine and an idea struck him, he rose up from how he had been standing moving slowly out of the hope that they would not see him as attacking. His follower fell silent as he did so and Quas spoke to the people on the wall.

"Greetings people of Asterbroke, please do not be afraid," he said, his voice somewhat timid and pleading though he tried not to show too much weakness "I have come wishing friendship and bringing aid, and I will make for you a gift, a creature to help in your mining efforts, one that can sniff out coal and squeeze through tight spaces saving your children the danger of having to do so."

With that Quas began to concentrate, and began to shape the dirt at his feet into the first of a new species. His mind flowed over the history of the thing, how it could have arisen naturally, dog-like with a keen sense of smell and paws for burrowing. To reach its intended purpose it would have been domesticated by the men and rewarded for finding what they wanted, turning its instincts to a new purpose, seeking coal and avoiding dangers rather than digging up food. The creature took shape in his mind long and thing even a bit snake-like, with taught muscles able to contort through the tightest of spaces, a large almost comically floppy nose, and large almost shovel-like paws. It lacked a tail as such might get caught on something, and its fur was short and swept back to prevent it from collecting too much coal dust while managing to help maintain the beast's body heat, its eyes were virtually nonexistent it would be mostly reliant on its memory and its other senses to navigate, but finally came its instincts as though it had been bred and trained for generations it would be obedient and eager to please, have drives to seek out coal and to provide warning in case of dangers. He could only hope his creation did not go awry, or displease the men in some way, and that with this they could recognize him as the benevolent god he hoped to be.

Creating or altering a non-sentient species smaller than an elephant: DC 9 (Life +2)

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
Mhioden - Silverdock

"Alright birdie, you 'ave a deal. But as soon as I release you, you'll just scarper, yeah? As soon as you give me one of 'em secrets of power, I'll release you, yeah?" The boy whispered back to the bird.

?And I might say the same to you boy,? The bird snapped back ?How do I know you wouldn't take my secrets and take flight back to you lord with me still trapped in your grasp?? Mhioden continued in a huff, the boy had the audacity to question a god! How dare he! However, this would not get her anywhere, she may be a new-god, but she was still a small bird trapped in the hands of a boy. She wriggled upwards and tapped the boy on his head with her beak, a vision appearing in his mind. ?This is where you?ll find your secrets, but you will still need my power to uncover them. I will wait for you there.?

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
Frostcliff - Small Mining Village

The Eternal Smile was ecstatic with how smooth his plan was proceeding. These mortals required little else but a few honeyed words from the silver tongue of a deity to be absolutely convinced of their power. This dwarf was just concrete proof of that fact. If that was the case, it could definately benefit from having a few dozen hands at its beckond call. Maybe this town would prove to be more entertaining than he originally had thought.

It was then, out of the corner of its eye, that Syv spotted the trading barge. It almost sent the petit god flying into a whirlwind of rage. The nerve of those dwarves. Who could work during a party like this!? Their ways were strange and needed some spice before the god passed through the town. Clearly it would need to investiagte this further and ensure its prank would be focused around the boat. That would teach them the meaning of fun for sure!

"There's stuff that needs to be done," Syv told his new follower before reaching into its cloak and producing a few crates of strange tubes. "Place these around town where we discussed. I'll come get you when the party is really going to kick off!"

The dwarf nodded in understanding, grabbing the new payload before shuffling off to complete his given task. The god sighed in exasperation. Even under his command the bearded mortals were still as starchy as ever. Hopefully he could get that fixed by the end of today. The thought brought another toothy grin to its face, snickering all the while at the delicious thought of pranking the entire camp. It was just about to head off when he spotted a single pebble upon the ground. It stopped dead in its tracks, inspecting it closely as if it were an intricate work. Finally, the midget god nodded sagely and rolled the stone about two inches to the left before looking satisfied, snapping its fingers and melding into the ground as it turned into a shadow.

It streaked through the streets and alleyways with great speed, shifting across walls, down the pier and up the side of the boat until it finally reformed into its most comfortable form upon the deck of the ship. What the god witnessed was almost too perfect for its imagination to comprehend. What it had originally thought as a ship of work-a-holic tradesmen turned out to be a pack of mischievous children running amuck. It looked as though they had comendeered the ship to take it for a bit of a joy ride and Syv could not approve more. In fact, these seemed like the sort of out of the box thinkers he could use to complete his master plan.

"Hey, you lot!" he yelled at the children scurrying around the deck, "I got somethin' I wanna tell ya!"

Slowly but surely the little ones began to gather around the god with vague but guarded interest. What was this pint sized cloaked figure yammering on about anyway? Once he had gathered the majority of the pirates, Syv put on the best charm he could muster and began to address the children.

"I've got plans. Big plans. I could use some punks to help me pull it off, too. That's where you guys'll come in."

"And who are you to be ordering us around?" one of the children questioned. "Doesn't look like you're anything special."

"Oh yeah?" Syv retored, reaching into his cloak.

With a grand geasture the god flung his hand forwards, palm open. From his grasp came a shower of multi-coloured sparks that surrounded the children. The display was horrifyingly beautiful, searing hot crystals of rainbow creating a display of pure awe and fear, depending how entranced you were. Surely such an unexpected showing of power and beauty would convince the children to side with the prankster god. Right?

Creating a small(?) quantity of fireworks: DC 0
Inspiring a group of up to 50 people to term: DC 7 (+2 Mischief)

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Jax - Riverlands

His throat burned from all of the shouting, and to douse out that fire, he went inside his boat to fetch some water. Inside, he not only found that, but a corpse of a stray cat. Flies buzzed around it, eager to lay their eggs in such a nutritious feast. For the sake of his merchandise, he tossed it overboard and carried on with his life.

[hr]

Archon - Swansdale

Rickon and the rest of the town gasped as a tall tower was brought into existence by divine will. This act had clearly impressed the townsfolk after the cheap trick of conjuring a bit of wind. Archon's new workshop stood in the centre of the plaza for all to see, and for all to admire. Once again, a crowd gathered around the deity, but this time, they had realised Archon's claims of godhood were real.

[hr]

Raetic - Northlands

The enchantment was bound to the horn by the runes the word god had inscribed onto the horn, which was made of... horn. The gathered tribesmen and women could only watch as this strange man with strange words and strange clothes and strange markings fiddled around with one of their instruments. One of the tribesmen had the cheek to start a drum roll.
[hr]

Odanda - Harrowgate

One by one, stones were laid. It would take some time for the project to be completed. Some opted for the easier of the two jobs and were out on the marshes, foraging for mind-altering mushrooms and the like. A herd of drunkards spread the world the Lady throughout the city, but were mostly met with shut doors. Who would listen to drunkards anyway?

[hr]

Vul - Tirias

The sea hissed as lava escaped from cracks deep in the ocean floor, and the islanders were surprised to see a wall rising from the sea itself. This introduction to the world made it shake somewhat, the rumbles even reached Mortmire. Somewhere, a drunkard cursed as a tavern shook and a pile of stones were knocked down.

[hr]

Quas - Asterbroke

The dirt transformed in a monstrosity, a pitiful thing that could only be described as a lump of flesh with a mouth. The crowd moved to allow a coal-covered man to hit with a pickaxe. Nobody wanted to suffer such a monstrosity to life. With a sure hit, the newly-created life met its end. Quas, on the other hand, was met with questioning stares.

[hr]

Mhioden - Silverdock

The page cursed himself for letting his quarry go, for loosening his grip. for letting her escape. Nevertheless, not all was lost. And so the boy pulled his master's sword from his back and waved it. As expected, the crowd gave the boy a wide berth. Now, nothing was in the way between him and that bird. He ran to the place he saw in the vision.

[hr]

Syv - Frostcliff

One of the dwarven children nudged the other, the one who seemed to be the leader of the group with a fancy hat. Big plans? Now this was interesting. More so was the display - did this cloaked midget have more of that stuff? The children couldn't help but accept the prankster god's offer. Especially if it meant more displays like that.

[hr]

Yua - The Blue Expanse

A little girl was busy lounging around on the remains of a wrecked sailing boat. Well, whatever was still afloat anyway. She was met with stares from strange people with fins and gills, and the sight of her dead parents. In a fit, she completely obliterated their corpses with her newfound power. The tantrum stopped as she had realised what she had done.

[hr]

[HEADING=1]Rolls[/HEADING]

- Archon: Build a large building by divine hand [http://orokos.com/roll/128020]: 2d6+2 9
- Raetic: Create a -2 Magic Item [http://orokos.com/roll/128026]: 2d6+2 13
- Odanda: Inspire drunkards when they sleep [http://orokos.com/roll/128021]: 2d6+2 12
- Vul: Introduce a major change to the world's structure or its atmosphere without thought of the consequences [http://orokos.com/roll/128022]: 2d6+2 10
- Quas: Creating or altering a non-sentient species smaller than an elephant [http://orokos.com/roll/128023]: 2d6+2 8
- Syv: Inspiring a group of up to 50 people to term [http://orokos.com/roll/128024]: 2d6+2 9

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
Archon - Swansdale

Archon smiled as he saw the people of Swandale had come back, now more eager to please the newly-born god. However, while his new workshop was magnificent, Archon knew that further progress depended on more than what the people of the budding town could provide.

So, raising his voice for the gathered crowd to hear, the god spoke. "I see a bright and glorious future ahead of us! Where powers beyond your current understanding blend with the knowledge of today, to forge great creations, such as this!" Archon gestured to the tower behind him, suppressing a wide smile as the crowd strained their necks to look up to the top.

Giving the crowd a moment to ponder on his words, Archon spied familiar faces in the audience, those that had helped him when he was mortal, those that believed in his work and creations. They would be his messengers, spreading the god's promise of a better tomorrow. "But, to accomplish this dream, we must all work hard, and bring more into the fold! Those among you who knew of me in my past life, as the tinkerer who lived in the strange hut on the horizon, you have a story to tell! Go, mount your fastest steeds and spread the tale of the tinkerer-turned-god across the Heartlands, and beyond!"

Inspire a small group of mortals (Archon's Messengers)-DC: 7 [+2 Magical Artifice]

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Vul, Tirias

Vul grinned as the walls started rising, concentrating on getting them right, and eventually managing to finish them. Whatever wave that could come would stand no chance against it. Of course, he was a god, even if he had been somewhat unsure of whether or not he would manage to make it, his powers spoke for themselves. He turned to the hostage he had taken with a smug look on what was revealed on his face.

"There's a wall for you," he told her. "Now, you'll do whatever I want to." She obviously knew what he wanted, however, she shook her head. Whatever wariness she had possessed before was gone, despite that there was still fear in her eyes, and her attitude was different now.

"No, not yet, great god of the volcano."
"What?!" Vul raised his voice against, anger washing over him like that wave that she and that stupid old man thought would arrive. "I did as you said! Fulfill your end of the deal!? What was she trying to do, try to deny herself out of it?! She shook her head.

"Not before we know that the walls will stop the waves."

"That was not what you said! You told me to build a wall! There's a wall! Now do whatever I tell you to before I strangle your puny little mortal life out of you!"

"Great god of the volcano," she said, and slowly grabbed his hands, putting them up against her neck. If he wanted to, he could squeeze a little, and she would stop being such a damn hassle. Not to mention, putting them in a position like this, what was she trying to do? Make sure he killed her? Her skin was cold, a lot colder than his, and she seemed to be barely keeping herself from shaking. So, even with this much fright, she had the nerves to speak as she did? What an annoying woman to pick up.

"I'll let you kiss me if you're patient."

"Why should I believe you?!" he asked, and got closer. She didn't even flinch the slightest. "Do you really think you can make a fool of me?! I'm a god, dammit!" Instead of replying, she kissed him. It lasted for a short while, enough to make his anger cool and for it to be rather pleasant. When they finished the kiss, she looked him over.

"Now, will you calm down?"

"Don't tell me what to do," he growled. "So what, you kissed me? Do you want a prize, because I will g---"

She slapped him, out of the blue, hard. Well, it didn't hurt him much, but the sound of the open palm against his skin made it clear that she hadn't been holding back.

"Hey! What the hell?!" he yelled. She seemed to regret doing it the instance she had, apparently she had a temper too. However, she made herself face him.

"Stop being an immature brat," she said. "Great go--- no, Kei. What are you trying to do? Intimidate me? Rape me?!" What was she going on about now, that moron? He was a god, something like morals was way beyond him, and it was for the mortals. Besides, he wasn't going to force her, she was going to want to. "I'll do whatever I have to if I can save this island, but don't you dare act like you're above me, because you're clearly not!"

"I am! I'm a god!"

"And what a great god you are," she said, as she calmed down. "You can take whatever offers the people that worship you give you, but you don't want to protect them? And no, I'm not going to do anything you want me to."

"There's a wall, isn't there?" he said it with a thick layer of venom covering each word. She was insulting him, thinking that she could talk to him like that. However, something stopped him from just ending her life, most likely his lust. He let her talk, although, even with allowing her to speak, that still didn't mean he wouldn't punish her when this whole deal was over.

"Yes, there is, but don't fault me for not being sure if it will suffice yet," she said. "Now, wait, please?" He glared at her.

"Fine." She was really a piece of work, it seemed. "But I'm not letting you off easily for this."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Quas - Asterbroke

Quas looked down at his failure, he had obviously pushed himself too hard, exceeded his limits in his effort to gain the friendship of the mortals and it had cost him. He nodded approvingly at the man who had destroyed the monstrosity his failure had wrought, it was not meant to be and likely would only have suffered had it been allowed to come into being. Still this left him with few options, he could attempt to bless their fields but the results of such might not be immediately apparent and after what they had seen they might not be willing to allow that.

His gaze wandered over the crowd as he pondered how to gain their trust, their friendship, then his first follower approached him and spoke.

"Please make them see you as I have, I don't think they will welcome you otherwise," he said looking at his god encouragingly. The man had friends in the crowd, and it was at least in part due to his influence that they had not attempted to drive Quas away, though after a display like that they might be questioning the man's sanity in following the god.

Quas nodded, yes he could try to inspire the mortals though it would be difficult, the crowd was vast after all. Still all he wished was to show them that his intentions were pure, if that made them trust him then he might be able to do so much for them, and he might gain them as friends. He concentrated and began his attempt his antennae waving high in the air, but the rest of him bowing humbly before them in apology for his failure.

Inspire several hundred mortals DC 9 (life +2)