[PDQ] Rise of the Divines: A Godgame RP - Game Thread (Closed, Started)

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
Odanda, Harrowgate

Odanda watched the construction through the First Dreamer's eyes with a mixture of grim satisfaction and petulant rage. "It isn't fast enough," she whispered to the First Dreamer. "It will be two, perhaps even three weeks before it is finished. Do you consider that an acceptable figure, my Prophet? Do you?"

"At... At least the f-foraging is going well," the First Dreamer said timidly.

"Oh yes, plenty of Burda Mold, plenty of Bluecap, but no place to prepare them, or to serve them, or even for me to issue commands when my followers are not dreaming. I need more workers. Maybe if you weren't such a wreck, I would have them already."

"My lady... There's something we, uh, I mean you, could do. The, the Lord in his keep. He is a fellow connoisseur of, ah, the liquid sort of spirits. I often see him in breweries in the early hours of the morning, trying not to be recognized. Fat lot of good it does him, though. Because, ah, he's really fat. I was making... Nevermind. The Lord often meets with petitioners, and offering him a drink might persuade him to allow a private meeting, and well, a drunk man is easier to influence than a sober one. If it pleases my lady, we could be in a meeting before nightfall."

The Whisperer was silent for a moment. Dreamer," she said, "That is not a terrible idea."

3 hours, a dozen glasses of brandy and a bottle of Absinthe later, the First Dreamer and Lord Swalsby were both roaring drunk. Odanda watched in distaste, but she had to admit it had served its purpose well. The Lord fell asleep while he was still at the table, and she could feel that his mind was soft as clay. So, with some reluctance, Odanda reached into his dreams and began to whisper.

Inspiring a single mortal - DC 5 (Dreams +2)

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
Raetic - Northlands

As the unending drumbeat filled the air, one of the god's divine eyebrows began to twitch in almost perfect harmony. Irritation that bordered on fury poured through his body, and Raetic's grip on the newly mystic horn tightened until the instrument almost cracked in two.

"Would you lot," he hissed, spinning on his heel so that he faced the crowd below him, "shut up already!?"

Grunting in annoyance, the deity cocked his arm back, took aim, and hurled the horn downward. He was careful to only use a fraction of his true strength, of course; he didn't want to dismember anybody just yet.

The horn lanced through the air with uncanny speed and accuracy. In no more than half a second, the projectile cleared the distance between Raetic and his target, and with an audible thud it struck the "witty" drummer right between the eyes. Not hard enough to kill him, of course, but hard enough to knock him off his feet and leave a nasty bump behind. Odds were the poor guy would have a killer headache for the next few days.

Though the drummer and old woman were now both silenced, Raetic still glowered down at the group of mortals. Not only had they awoken him, they had kept him active enough to entirely banish sleep from his head. Simply falling back into blissful oblivion was impossible now, unless he was willing to toss and turn for who knew how many hours.

Needless to say, he wasn't.

"Alright, alright," the god said dismissively, not bothering to keep the irritation out of his voice. "I'm awake now. So what's all this then?" Idly, he gestured towards the entirety of the crowd, not bothering to single any one part of it out. "Some kind of pilgrimage or festival or something?"

Throwing a super accurate fastball: Effortless

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Yua - The Blue Expanse

There was the sea, in which bits of wood and chunks of her parent's corpses were bobbing to and fro. There was the sky, grey clouds parting - the signal of the storm's end. And there were strange people with scales and gills and webbed fingers, staring at her with hungry, lidless eyes. The little girl scrambled to the end of the flotsam that kept her from the jaws of the sea. However, as savage as the merpeople may be, this time they weren't here to salvage wrecks and consume those found alongside them, no. They were there to talk, to talk to a scared little girl that had no idea about what she had become.

"You have been chosen," Those words she somehow inferred from hisses, clicks and moans of one of them.

Yua looked around, spying a merperson that was busy feasting on the remains of her parents. That could be her in a few seconds. She had to play it safe. "For what?" She asked.

"To be what that will give us victory over the land-dwellers." Was the reply.

"But I'm one of 'em!" She responded with a huff and a fold of the arms.

"Not anymore," Yua swore that heard a chuckle in that collection of hisses and clicks. The voice continued but with a more sinister tone, "I bet you can create... say create another storm like the previous one..."

"Can't," Yua said and shook her head with disbelief.

Another hiss, "Can."

"Nu-uh," Yua was close to resuming that tantrum. She wanted all of these strange people with their gills, their webbed hands, their scales, their lidless eyes, their stupid language that didn't have any real words; just hisses, clicks and moans, to go away. To go away and leave her and the body of her daddy and mommy alone. She didn't care that the meat attracted merfolk, seagulls and worse. She would protect Mommy and Daddy. Sure, they were just sleeping now right? They would wake up soon and Daddy would find that he was missing a hand and that Mommy was missing a leg...

Yua squeezed her eyes and thought of a storm that would drive these meanies away.

Changing the weather temporarily, i.e. causing a storm. DC: 7 - Destruction [+2]

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
Frostcliff - Mining Town

It was pleased.

Syv looked over the children with his monstrously wide toothy grin of needles and giggled. He would send his agents forth to do his bidding and none would be able to halt his most heinous of deeds. And this, the stolen boat, would be the staging ground for his grand entrance. These newest followers of the Eternal Smile would bring about the grandest of displays this world had ever seen.

?Goood~? Syv cackled in sheer delight, ?we have to work quick. Night?s soon and I want to light the sky on fire!?

The gathered crowd looked at the God in awe as he hammed up the statement by dramatically pulling its cloak close to itself. It then quickly threw the cloak aside to reveal a box of tubes, some with coned tops much like those it had given the first dwarf. The children scrambled to gain a view and the pint-sized deity gave out instructions on where to place the dangerous toys. Within moments it had a working force of child pranksters turned sailors turned pranksters once more. Its plans would come to fruition -- there would be no doubt of that. How accurately they would be made manifest now lay in the hands of those it had conscripted. Shrugging to itself after a moment of careful introspection it relaxed by lounging across the sides of the boat, fully stretching out and propping its head up upon its hand while watching the children scurry to and fro. 

"Hey, you!? Syv barked out, ?careful with those. S?not like I can just make them appear outta thin air or somethin?.?

The god giggled at that remark.

Creating a small amount of goods: DC 0

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
Mhioden - Silverdock

With a flutter of her wings Mhioden was away, formulating what do next. A follower with a seat of power would do well for her, more then just a councilman, she would need a king. It was lamentable that the last king of the Riverlands had died centuries ago and in the grave left behind a republic had sprung to power. Heirs were unknown, either they weren't any to find or they kept themselves in hiding lest the new government squash them and their claim to the throne. Besides, she had no secrets that the boy could use; they would drive him mad like those before. They were not of this world, she would have to find one that was of this world or create one.

She soared through the air in search of dissenters. There were always people who clung to the old ways, change did not come easy to humans, a flaw she would use to her advantage. In her wake a whisper on the winds was left to those who would heed it:

"A boy king has come to you. He needs help, guidance. Teach him and the old ways will be the future you long for."

<spoiler=Actions> Inspire a large group of humans (several hundred) with permanent, ongoing effects. DC 9 - (Secrets +2)

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Archon - Swandale

They wasted no time replying with a "yes" or a "no", of course they would help an old friend! Archon's messengers simply ran towards the horses and mounted them with varying amounts of finesse. Some had never ridden a horse before, after all. Nevertheless, they left their hometown leaving a cloud of dust, leaving behind an angry groom. His best horses had been taken, what was he to do?

[hr]

Vul - Tirias

As if to interrupt their petty argument, a large swell began approaching the small island. Islanders rushed to their homes in a blind panic, just in case the wall failed. It was ironic really, with the wall, the fish in the small pool in between the wall and the island desperately needed a bit more water. Suddenly, the waves crashed against the wall, some of it spilled over, filling the small pool...

[hr]

Quas - Asterbroke

The crowd seemed to accepted his apology, even the man with the pickaxe dropped all thoughts of killing the creature from which that thing had spawned. Children that had hidden behind their mother's legs rushed to greet the giant centipede, some even made playful attempts to reach his antennae and pull. This was interrupted as a wounded man rushed out of the mine. Yet another mining disaster.

[hr]

Odanda - Harrowgate

Lord Swalsby twisted and turned in his sleep. His dreams were haunted by a strange presence, not to mention the strange sights and images - a bottle of vermouth opened its cap and the various botanicals that flavoured the fortified wine spewed out, thought in the mix were some Burda Roots along with some mushrooms. Poison!? The bottle advanced towards his lips, but he refused to drink.

[hr]

Raetic - Northlands

After such a display of might, none of the tribespeople tried anything clever. Even the bull-headed man who tried to throw one of his spears at the deity knew that was a bad idea. None stepped up to answer the strange man's question, except for a little boy. He said with a smile, "Don't ya know? Today the Sun rises to mark the first day of Summer!"

[hr]

Yua - The Blue Expanse

Dark clouds soon covered the sky and with them came thunder and lightning. The merfolk shrank away from the wreck, seeking shelter from the storm in the depths of the sea. Yua was left alone on a floating piece of wood, alone again. The sea churned, the wreck was flung by the great waves, along with its only passenger - Yua.

[hr]

Syv - Frostcliff

The other dwarves in the docks looked on as the children carried out the god's will. The other dwarves stroked their beards, or their long plaited locks and began to chatter about the lonely boat. From the distance, it looked like a bunch of ants were scurrying about on it. Soon, the rumours reached the owner of the boat, who then began an effort to recover the valuable iron stored in it.

[hr]

Mhioden - Sliverdock

The whispers fell on dead ears to the bird-god's dismay. The page continued running towards the meeting place, empowered by the desire for the secrets Mhioden had promised him. However, he was interrupted by a stray hand which reached out to grab him, and succeeded. The page soon realised he had blindly wandered in the rough slums of Sliverdock as evil eyes greeted his face.

[hr]

[HEADING=1]Rolls[/HEADING]

- Archon: Inspire a small group of mortals [http://orokos.com/roll/129488]: 2d6+2 13
- Odanda: Inspire a single mortal [http://orokos.com/roll/129493]: 2d6+2 4
- Quas: Inspire several hundred mortals [http://orokos.com/roll/129490]: 2d6+2 10
- Yua: Changing the weather temporarily [http://orokos.com/roll/129491]: 2d6+2 13
- Mhioden: Inspire a large group of humans (several hundred) with permanent, ongoing effects [http://orokos.com/roll/129492]: 2d6+2 8

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
Archon - Swansdale

Archon smiled as he watched his messengers speed off into the horizon in every direction, spreading the good word and promises of a better future. For the moment, he decided to ignore the discontent he could practically feel coming off the owners of the horses. He would pay them back for their sacrifices, but there was more important business to take care of first. "Denizens of Swansdale, return to your good works and deeds! I must go now and chart our course into that better tomorrow!" With a wave and a beckon for Rickon to follow, the god entered his workshop, leaving the townspeople to their own devices.

Upon seeing the inside, Archon couldn't help but smile a wide grin. It was exactly as he pictured it in his mind, gadgets and contraptions galore, level upon level of them, leaving an opening that let the ceiling of the first floor be the roof itself. "How are you gonna make all those Heartland folk believe you? No one's going to kneel and pray to some god a random guy on a horse told them about." The admiration of the gleaming workshop was suddenly cut short by Rickon speaking.

Archon sighed, turning back to them boy and speaking in the tone of a weary instructor. "They don't have to believe just yet, all the messengers have to do is spread awareness, so that the people know who gave them this..." Archon waved his hand through the air, causing the workshop to respond by stretching long mechanical arms to the floor. With a curt nod, Archon silently commanded the arms to begin building something. They pulled odd-looking devices and pieces of bronze from all over the workshop, constructing what looked like a man on the floor. "Ah yes, something people can identify without confusing for a normal person."

Archon brought his hand close to his chest and began to concentrate, causing the space between his hand and his chest to glow. "I shall make these...automatons...and make them spread across the Heartlands, just like the messengers. They will have the singular desire to help humans in whatever they need, while at the same time telling them of their creator." Archon used his free hand to gesture to himself. "Those who have heard the messengers and been helped by these automatons will then know of my power...and then they will believe. Eventually, they will come, and Swansdale will blossom into a beacon of progress for all the world to admire...and emulate.

The glow began to brighten as Archon spoke, and eventually the god pulled his hand away to reveal a small crystal, not that much different from the one that turned Archon into the god he was today, save for its size. "The prototypes are always the hardest to make...I might keep this one as an assistant if this works."

"If it works?" Rickon sounded a bit incredulous, he saw Archon build the massive tower his stood in with a wave of his hand, could he not make this "automaton"?

"I'm giving what is currently an inanimate object life and an objective purpose, somewhat unknown territory for me right now. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained." With that, Archon placed the crystal into the automaton's framework, hoping that it's limp frame would soon come to life.

Creating or altering a non-sentient species smaller than an elephant (Automatons)- DC:9 [+2 Magical Artifice]

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
Odanda, Harrowgate

Inside the First Dreamer's head, Odanda screamed. "You idiot! I have gotten NOTHING DONE in the past week and it's YOUR FAULT!"

"My lady, I, I understand that you are a-angry b-but..."

"It's not just that, oh holiest dreamer. While you've been sending me down useless passageways, I've been sensing... Presences, in the collective unconscious. Presences other than my own, or at least the worship of them. Do you understand me? There are others. And they are winning. I need to act faster, before they dominate the collective unconscious."

"I... I don't..."

You don't need to. I'm putting the plan in action. Send out the invitations to the bakers of the city, and I will whisper to them in their sleep, suggesting that they attend. If we have the bakers, we have the city, and we must have the city. I must have the city. In two weeks time, we are having a poisoned feast."

Invite the city's bakers to a feast, and suggest they attend while they sleep- effortless.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
Raetic - Northlands

"Don't ya know? Today the Sun rises to mark the first day of Summer!"

"Summer, eh?" Clicking his tongue, Raetic tilted his gaze upwards, staring up at the celestial body in question. It did seem to be a pleasantly warm day, all things considered; he really probably should've seen this coming.

"So this is a party then." With a slight hop, the god tossed himself off his perch and down to the ground below. Landing with a small grin etched across his visage, Raetic allowed a bit of power to flow through his veins and etched a couple of symbols into the air. They were common enough runes, one that nearly everyone present could read and understand. You'd have a hard time finding a tribesman who didn't recognize "Drink" and "Ale", after all.

The runes shimmered for a second, before they warped and shifted. Half a moment later, two massive barrels stood before the deity, their alcoholic contents sloshing about noisily.

"Well, drink up then," he exclaimed happily, summoning a sizable tankard and plunging it into the brown liquid. There wasn't much sense in hosting a party without some refreshments, now was there?

Creating a small quantity of booze: Effortless

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Vul, Tirias

Vul couldn't help but stare open-mouthed as the wave approached. He hadn't expected it to come, yet there was a huge wave, some water spilling over the top of the wall. So, the mortals had been right? Or, more important; he had been wrong?! What the hell?! That was so unfair! He glared over at the one who had slapped him not long ago, telling him to be patient. How had she known? Had she just decided to trust that old man or something? She seemed a bit startled as well, but looked more worried than anything else, probably doubting his skills. Of course she did, she was a disrespectful woman who didn't know her place. She was a mortal, in front of a god, yet she tried to tell him what to do. Foolish.

Vul kept watching the wall, a part of him was making sure nothing would go wrong, another part of him was admiring his own work of art. He was the only one who could do something like this on the island, perhaps in the entire world. That was awesome. The god couldn't help but grin as the wall prevailed while the waves didn't.

"How is this?" he asked the woman, still grinning. He sounded arrogant and prideful, but he had every right to do so. After all, he had just stopped a bunch of giant waves. "Is this enough?"

"Yes," she smiled, slightly. She was tearing up, and looked quite relieved. "This is fine."

"And now?" He was expecting something great now, although he didn't really care for something she had said before, about him forcing her. She had been the one to offer to do whatever he wanted to. He leaned towards her. "You kept insisting that you wouldn't do anything I wanted, but I still believe a prize is in order. She stopped smiling.

"I understand." It was with a serious tone she spoke, she seemed to consider just what to do. Vul was getting impatient, and he grabbed her arm, putting it on his shoulder. "Do you want some help deciding?" he asked, getting even closer. "I can think of a few things." Their eyes met, and she nodded, slowly, hesitantly. Of course, she already knew what he would suggest, he noticed that, she had started shaking. And it made him feel more heated. Why? He wasn't doing anything wrong or bad, and he had done his part of deal. Why did she make him the bad guy? Why this sudden change of tone? For fucks sake, she had even hit him before! If Vul had considered it more closely, he would have realized that it was because her pride made her honor her words, even if that was far from what she wanted. Currently, he was clueless.

She was looking away, and he forced her to face him, orange meeting brown, arrogant meeting hesitant and frightened. Why did she act like this? He wouldn't take it! Vul embraced her, and whispered into her ear.

"Stop it," he said, and kissed her cheek, "Don't act like this." It was not happening at all like he had imagined. She nodded.

"I'll try not to. But... please don't do anything more," she muttered. "This is enough, right? Taking possession of me and kissing me, that's enough, right?" He let go of her, angry.

"I'm not taking possession of you!" he growled. She kept twisting everything he did. Well, screw her! "Stop saying that!" He kicked a rock, it landing in the lake with a huge splash. He wasn't in the mood for anything apart from being alone anymore, and he had some thinking to do. Vul looked around, before pointing towards a small cave very close to the small lake. He didn't look towards the woman, but his voice made it clear that he was still angry. "You will stay there. There's some trees with fruits down nearby." He then started walking away. "I'll be back later, woman." It was annoying to refer to her as "woman" in his mind, all the time. "Or whatever your name is."

"Miriah," she replied. Upon him letting go of her, she had calmed down, gotten less frightened again. She seemed mature for someone of her age, probably because of her upbringing. "And yes, I'll stay here." He hadn't expected her to reply, and stopped, slightly.

"I'm not Kei," he started. She hadn't mentioned that name now, but he still wanted to make it clear. "You can call me Vul."

"Understood, Vul."

It didn't take long for Vul to reach the top of the volcano, and he let himself sink into the lava. Despite it being too dense for a mortal to sink into it, he found that he had no problem with that. He rested, the warm lava energizing him and making him feel comfortable. However, his mind kept going back to what that woma--- Miriah had said.

Damn it.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Quas - Asterbroke

Quas lowered his antenna for the children to swing on, feelings of joy swelling within him at the people's acceptance of him. Alongside him his first follower sighed in relief and began grinning broadly at their actions. Of course it was not long before the moment was interrupted by disaster, a wounded man rushed out of the mine apparently there had been a disaster and miners were likely trapped within the mine.

Quas was uncertain how to respond, he wished to rush to their aid and do his best to save them, but at the same time he did not want the people to become complacent and reliant on him to solve their problems. Still he knew he could not sit back and do nothing, he turned to the injured man and plucked a few strands of grass from the ground weaving and crushing them with his teeth and legs. As he did so the grass grew larger and formed itself into bandages and a salve to quicken the healing process and prevent infection. Briefly he considered applying his power to simply heal the man outright but such a thing could go wrong, and he needed to address the situation before providing individual attentions.

His creation finished he passed the simple curatives to his first follower instructing him to tend to the man's injuries, then he turned to the remainder of the crowd who seemed hopeful that he would save the men. First though he needed to know what he had to do for them, and what exactly they were faced with.

"Take me to the mines, and tell me what has happened," he said to the man with a pickaxe, who was clearly a miner of some sort himself "I will attempt to help them if I can."

Create a small quantity of simple medical supplies - Effortless

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Yua - The Blue Expanse

She cried as she was flung by the sea, and as she landed, those cries were muffled by water. By leaving her mouth open, Yua let gallons of sea water into her mouth. She desperately kicked and clawed in an attempt to get back to the surface. Yua didn't want to die like her parents did, that was her main fear. Soon, fatigue overcame her and the struggle stopped. She blacked out, leaving the sea currents to carry her corpse. A final string of bubbles marked the point where she ran out of air, now she would join her parents in a watery grave. Now her short life was over.

At least, that was what would have happened if she was mortal...

She awoke and immediately spat out a bit of seaweed. Somehow, Yua had become trapped in a particularly large tendril of the stuff. The struggle began anew, she kicked and clawed and even tried to bite her way out. But it was useless. She just become further entangled in the slimy green mess. Then she remembered how she disintegrated her parents' bloated corpses. Yua attempted to do the same to the seaweed, with some success. Afterwards, she swim up to the surface and wondered what to do next. Suddenly, a slimy hand grabbed her leg and pulled her down into the depths...

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
Frostcliff ? Mining Town

Palm trees, sandy beaches, exotic fruits; Syv was in paradise. It stretched lazily while swinging back and forth in some sort of suspended bed made of woven palm leaves. The contraption known as a ?hammock? was surprisingly relaxing, the gentle sway the breeze created lulling the god?s more agitated mannerisms. It could stay here forever, just sipping sweet juices out of fruit husks and feeling the warm rays of the sun bead down on it. Then there came the darkness as the entire scene faded into nothingness.

"Damnit!? Syv cursed with a start as it opened its eyes. The harsh reality of Frostcliff came into view, depressing the little god far beyond anything it could imagine mortals felt. That place was so much more appealing than this crater in the side of a mountain. The focus required to keep itself there, however, was proving to be far beyond its power at this current point in time. That didn?t mean Syv was pleased with its results. The god was fuming, almost throwing a tantrum in front of its scuttling followers. It was then that the pint sized deity got an idea.

This festival was all about some lame god who chose to stick his backside deep in the core of the planet. Maybe there were more? A toothy smirk played across Syv?s face before focusing on its efforts. It assumed they would be causing similar effects across the world so maybe it could feel those effects somehow. With great strain the Mischief Maker began to extend its will across the aether, seeking out others like it. Who knows, maybe one of them would actually be fun?

Find a powerful NPC entity: DC 11

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
Mhioden - Sliverdock

Had the absence of a true ruler been so long that those who should have remembered had forgotten the once great kings and queens that in times gone by ruled this small but important city? Mhioden snapped her beak in frustration as whispers that should have tempted her cause fell on deaf or unlistening ears. The boy would be lost if she had no power to give him and so would her sway over him. The magpie would be left to flutter against the wind, going not forth, nor back, but nowhere fast. She would attempt the feat again. Concentrating she put what little power she had as a god into the undertaking in hopes it might return twofold.

<spoiler=Actions>Inspire a large group of humans (several hundred) with permanent, ongoing effects DC 11 - (Secrets +2), (Domainless +2 -1AP)

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Archon - Swansdale

The once inanimate bronze replica of man suddenly moved. With sharp mechanical jerks, the being extended a hand to its creator. Nevertheless, it was just a stretch of sorts. The being had to get used to its rigid bronze body and the fact that it was now alive, rather than just bits and pieces of junk given a human form.

[hr]

Odanda - Harrowgate

Some of the bakers simply dismissed the strange voice as a product of their dreams, others decided to attend the so-called feast anyway just in case the invitation was in fact real. Throughout the city, sleepwalking bakers could be seen in the streets at night. However, some fell to muggers seeing an opportunity to steal what little they had on them.

[hr]

Raetic - Northlands

Raetic had given a gift of ale on a festival day - an important gesture. And soon enough, the tribesmen descended on the two barrels, but the old lady raised her hand and it stopped as she read the stone calender. She nodded, and with confirmation that it was indeed the right time, all of the tribe celebrated the start of Summer all through the evening, until sunset.

[hr]

Vul - Tirias

Away from the volcano, people rejoiced for a brief time, taking joy in their survival. However, the problems the wall brought with it soon became apparent as some of the fishermen went off to collect their nets. It was impossible to reach them, as the wall blocked passage to and from the sea. One lone fisherman even kicked the wall in frustration.

[hr]

Quas - Asterbroke

"The result of combining bag o' foulness and fire, looks like." The man with the pickaxe replied, but the wounded man interrupted him. Even as he was being attended to, he struggled and shouted, "Yeah, there was something down there alright. Not like these 'ere bandages an' salves are goin' be any good to the fellas trapped there. They're the ones you should be helpin'!"

[hr]

Yua - The Blue Expanse

Instead of escaping the merfolk, Yua had simply brought herself closer to them. She struggled, but it was useless. After all, the sea was the merfolk's domain. That plan of conjuring up a storm to scare them off was about as effective as a simple splash of water. Storms? They were used to storms. And so Yua was dragged down to one of their underwater settlements.

[hr]

Syv - Frostcliff

The result was somewhat underwhelming, and boring. Syv's efforts were just met with nothing but the laughter of seagulls and the sound of general hubbub that came from the more populated area of the dock. The dwarven merchant that had set out earlier returned with his previous iron ingots as the daylight faded. The night had begun.

[hr]

Mhioden - Silverdock

Many rebellious souls were blessed with the secret of the boy-king and soon secret groups began to form. The young page was suddenly grabbed by the scruff by one of the blessed and was dragged into a secluded alley. The man threw the boy into corner then spat and turned to the boy, "Name's Ikey. I feel that we're gonna 'ave a very interestin' partnership, you and I..."
[hr]

[HEADING=1]Rolls[/HEADING]
Archon: Creating or altering a non-sentient species smaller than an elephant [http://orokos.com/roll/130474]: 2d6+2 12
Syv: Find a powerful NPC entity [http://orokos.com/roll/130485]: 2d6 9 - Couldn't see a way to apply that domain of yours, so it was rolled straight up. You win some, you lose some.
Mhioden: Inspire a large group of humans (several hundred) with permanent, ongoing effect [http://orokos.com/roll/130486]: 2d6+4 13

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
Archon - Swansdale

Archon smiled as he met the Automaton's hand and gave it a gentle shake. "Well met, my great creation." The god's white teeth seemed to positively gleam with his pride. "Tell me, what is your purpose?"

The bronze man looked up at his creator, his lower jaw silently moving up and down as it quickly learned the art of speaking. Then, a voice could be heard, one that sounded like a group of chimes mixing their sounds to be heard as a language. "To travel across this world and assist its peoples in whatever task they ask of me, while also extolling your virtues, Creator."

"Excellent!" Archon almost jumped with glee seeing his work succeed, but he suppressed the urge. Instead, he placed his have over the Automaton's crystal, causing it to glow brightly. "Now, listen well, for you shall stand apart from your future brothers. You shall stay in this workshop and be with me, completing whatever task I give you to the best of your ability." Archon paused for a moment, feeling a stirring of sentimentality as he looked upon what most would consider a 'son'. "Also, you shall identify yourself with the name...'Proto'. Understand?" Archon removed his hand from Proto's crystal.

The Automaton, now named Proto, nodded. "I understand, I am Proto, and I am at your service, Creator." Proto took a moment to look around the room, acclimating himself with what would probably be his workplace. "What will you have me do?"

Archon nodded as he waved his hand towards the ceiling, recalling the arms to continue their work with building more Automatons. "For now, oversee the work on your siblings, have them begin their trek across the Heartlands once you confirm they're in working order."

Proto nodded as he turned to watch the arms build the second of his new 'race', his eyes staring intently as each piece was put in its place. "By your command."

Another smile of approval came from Archon as he beckoned Rickon, who had been standing off to the side in stunned silence, to follow. "Now, Rickon, I want you to learn something that will help Swansdale grow at a brisk pace when my new followers arrive." Leading the boy out of the workshop, to the town's quarry, Archon taught the boy the qualities of a certain rock in the quarry, limestone, and how it could be used in a certain concoction to create a liquid that dried to form a considerably solid material.

"If you mix it with just water, it won't take, but a special brew of other local materials can make it just a durable as the jagged stones we use today, but with the benefit of being easier to handle. With this, a house can be built in a matter of days, not weeks, with much less manpower being spent on the project." Archon paused as he finished stirring his sample, standing up to look at what Rickon had done in his pot. Hopefully, if the lesson had stuck, a thick-greyish substance should be forming.

Teach a technology to mortals that will offer significant benefits (Concrete)-DC: 11 [+2 Magical Artifice]

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Yua - The Azure Abyss

They mocked her with hisses, as the merfolk circled about her. Even the seaweed seem menacing to the young girl. She cried as one of the menacing merfolk got close and stroked her neck with a bone dagger. Yua had to think quickly - what would Daddy do in such a situation. Yua was old enough to understand that Daddy ruled with fear while Mommy ruled with love. Both had been displaced from their thrones by the sea, and now the race of the sea was trying to make her submit. She had do so once, but not again. Not ever again. They had made her conjure a storm, what would be next? Yua shuddered the more... darker answers her mind conjured up. To think that a sweet little girl capable of such thoughts...

It wouldn't do for Daddy's little girl to be beaten by group of fishy bullies. Ever since she had encountered them, she had just wanted them to go away. That same phrase bounced around in her head, 'Go away, go away, go away, go away.' Of course, she had been told to curl up and to close her eyes to make the monsters go away. But that wouldn't do. This time, she imagined that she was the monster, like when Daddy got angry. She remembered the way he seemed to turn into someone else, into Evil Daddy, when he shouted and kicked and lashed out at whoever was present at the time. s"Go away!" Yua roared to the circle of merfolk. Her scream showed that she was scared, however, it would bring fear to them as well.

Inspire a large group of humans (several hundred) with permanent, ongoing effects. DC: 9 - Moe [-2]

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Vul, Tirias
It took Vul almost the entire night to realize some of the problems the walls could pose. In the meantime, he rested, thought about a couple of things, and occationally complained angrily to himself. When he complained, the volcano complained alongside him, for the villagers it probably had sounded like it was close to eruption. Vul didn't care, he just kept to himself.

After all, that was all he had done since he had become a god, sans the whole killing a bunch of people and then being celebrated. Also, the event earlier that day, obviously. Right now, he was half-way sleeping, content for the moment.

However, one part of Vul still remembered having been the son of a fisher, and that part informed the rest of the his mind of the fact that people needed access to the sea in order to fish.

Right. Wouldn't want them bitching.

Vul wasn't honestly sure about if he cared or not. He really didn't want to leave the lava, it was awesome right now, just lying there lazily. However, he thought about it, and realized that he didn't need to leave the volcano to fix it. He didn't want to tear the whole wall down, it seemed like it could be useful for other waves. So, what to do? He especially didn't want to have to help them over each morning.

Can't just someone do it for me?

Or... something. Vul grinned. Of course, a god could make creatures, right? He thought he could. So, he could just make some creatures to get those foolish mortals over the wall. The wall was tall, so it needed to be something big, and with the ability to jump or climb. Or fly. He thought about it, large, yet not too large, creatures would work well. They would be of the volcano, however, a normal mortal should be able to ride them. And have a lot of scales, and teeth, just to make them cool. Oh, and breathing fire!

These are turning out to be cool!

They would have to help the mortals, feel a need to do so, but only in the morning and in the evening. The rest of the day and night, they could live close to the volcano.

He was actually sort of excited about these creatures, as he shaped them. Scales, like lizards, teeth like sharks, and wings like bats. All of them would be large enough to take one or two mortals, and they would have a dark red color. Finally, he had made the first one out of lava, it was life-like, although still lava at the moment. He was about to change that, make the lava into flesh and bones, and give it life.

Creating or altering a non-sentient species smaller than an elephant(The largest ones are slightly smaller than an elephant :p): 9
+2 Lava (Mold the dragon-like creatures out of lava, and give them the ability to breathe fire.)

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Quas - Asterbroke

Quas nodded to the injured man and set out following the directions of the man with the pickaxe. He ran as swiftly as he could across the city his many legs clicking rapidly against the ground, he could already smell some trace of the gases leaking from the mine that the humans must have run afoul of, it would be a wonder if any of them survived.

He knew things died, it was how life adapted and changed, but there were no traits selected by a random cave in, many of these men likely had families already even. He pushed aside any thought of making an example that he might not always save them and quickened his pace, plucking a branch from a bush as he ran past it and began to work his power upon it.

He knew he might still fail but he would at least try, and perhaps leave something to aid the men if another such disaster might occur. He grabbed at some flecks of rock from the walls as he entered the cave and added them to his creation, hoping it would hold together.

He worked his power on it and envisioned the creature he wished to create, tall and thin but strong, many arms to move debris each tipped with hard retractable claws to dig away rubble and pull free those it found. Thin and wiry so that it could slip more easily through the narrower passages, it would be blind though instead finding its way with many other senses detecting heat and vibrations, and with instincts driving it to aid the men and to help it to sense where to dig. Quas could only hope that it would work better than his last creation had.

Creating or altering a one-off living creature smaller than an elephant. DC 7 (life +2)

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
Raetic - Northlands

"Hehehehe... Not bad. Not bad at all."

A content smile slowly spread across Raetic's face as he reclined against one of the monolithic stones, his belly full of food and drink and his head buzzing with just a bit too much alcohol. Though his divine body wouldn't suffer any negative effects from the booze or gorging, it sure as hell could experience the pleasurable bits of eating and drinking.

The festival had been good and fun, with plenty of cheer to go around and a seemingly unlimited supply of ale. Sure, the barrels might've run low once or twice, but the resident deity had noticed before the situation got too dire. Naturally, he had drunk more than his fair share, and had even picked up a drinking song or two along the way. Even if he had been woken up earlier than he would've liked, it had been a fun day.

"Well," the god muttered, shoving himself to his feet, "guess there's really only one thing to do now."

It didn't take too long for him to spot the old lady. Even in a large crowd like this one, her distinctive presence stood out well enough, and Raetic didn't waste much time meandering over towards her. "Hey," he began, waving at her, "what's up?"

Falling down into a sitting position, Raetic glanced at her out of the corner of his eye. "Yeah, I think you've had enough time to think about that stuff with the horn earlier. I hereby give you permission to talk again, yadda yadda yadda..." Cutting off, the god simply stared out at the scenery for a bit. Then:

"Hey, tell me a story."

Ask to hear a story: Probably effortless.