People blaming Obama for the blackouts

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Instead of laughing at them. I took the liberty to take this time to answer their questions as to why there is a blackout, AND INFORM THEM OF SOPA AND PIPA! Shame on all of you for not doing the same.

We have their attention.. Instead of laughing at them, do something constructive with it!

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
https://twitter.com/#!/herpderpedia

I really don't have much to say. Hope these people aren't serious...

Discussion value: Why are people like this?

Sidenote: First person to say 'OMG WAY TO GENERALIZE' gets kicked in the throat. You know what I mean.
...so, so, so much stupid. I don't know whether to cry because they couldn't be bothered to read what Wikipedia said, or to dismiss this as ignorant people being ignorant.

crystalsnow

Aug 25, 2009
I like how everyone is saying on there "Fuck you wiki, I need you", like some sort of love-hate relationship.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
I just have to laugh at all the "How do you get to Wikipedia/ Here's how to evade Wikipedia's blackout" things. To evade Wikipedia's blackout:
1) Go to Wikipedia
2) Click the "Learn More" link
3) Follow Wikipedia's own instructions on how to evade their blackout

(Didn't the President say or otherwise indicate that he would veto SOPA? Wouldn't that make all these blackouts very explicitly not his fault?)

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Soluncreed said:
canadamus_prime said:
Eekaida said:
People are stupid.
Stupid and ignorant, but yeah that about sums it up.
I wouldn't even say ignorant at this point since these people are clearly refusing to learn. They're just stupid.
Ignorance is a lack of knowledge, but deliberately choosing to remain without that knowledge is stupid, so they're both.

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Anyone unable to search and install a greasemonkey script or unable to simply read a website was semi-banned from the internet today.

Natural selection at its finest.

mickyj300x

Feb 25, 2008
So I got bored and did a bit of a tally on it. Out of 370 tweets:

68 thought it was shutting down forever;
7 blamed Obama for it;
10 blamed SOAP;
2 blamed SOFA;
4 were borderline incomprehensible;
and 1 blamed Mark Zuckerberg (?).

Jan 18, 2012
God help us if Facebook or Youtube tried this. While it would be an effective way to get support to a wider audience, every 13 year old girl in America would be rioting in the streets.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
Wikipedia's down for one day! Why do they all think it's shut down forever? It's like the Y2K scare all over again. Also, the Obama administration seriously opposes these bills, so it's probably getting vetoed if it's even passed.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
mickyj300x said:
So I got bored and did a bit of a tally on it. Out of 370 tweets:

68 thought it was shutting down forever;
7 blamed Obama for it;
10 blamed SOAP;
2 blamed SOFA;
4 were borderline incomprehensible;
and 1 blamed Mark Zuckerberg (?).
68 + 7 + 10 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 370? Or you only bothered to count that many out of 370?

Anywho! To be fair, when I posted this thread, the ones blaming Obama were at the top. Now they're around the middle I think.

Megumi0505

Dec 7, 2011
Wow, there are just no words. If this is how they react to Wikipedia blacking out I can't even imagine how they'd react to Facebook or Twitter being shut down.

And also, most schools don't allow you to use Wikipedia as a source so idk what homework those people are doing -_-

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I love how half the people are insulting Obama and the other half are insulting Wikipedia while saying they need it.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
I think these people are trolls.

I mean, come on, even if you did have homework it's not hard to bypass the wikipedia blackout.
I just stop loading it before it loads the page, and vola, it's fine.
You could also use the mobile wikipedia.