People blaming Obama for the blackouts

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Ragnellus said:
However, The Atheist hate one is horrifying.
Some of those people are probably trolling. Especially the one that says 'I love Jesus and if you don't I hope somebody rapes you!" I refuse to believe that person is serious, for my own sanity.

supagama

Lord High Raggamuffin
Jul 25, 2009
him over there said:
The blackout was a smart idea in theory, huge sites with massive traffic raising mass awareness. The problem is the sites in question are frequented by people like this that totally defeats the purpose. If you're using wikipedia you probably aren't in any way smart enough to understand wikipedia. Unless you did something intelligent like look something up on it and skipping directly to the reference section. Also I believe this is the best way to illustrate the kind of adolescent schlubs who are complaining about the situation's sexuality because they can't copy and paste their homework:
Being unfortunately young enough to be grouped with that generation, I have to stand up for these inbreds. Not everyone in that age group is as ignorant as you have been lead to believe. That being said, 75% of my generation want nothing more than to fling **** at anything intelligable, causing everyone with a functional brain to abandon all hope for the generation as a whole.

ChaplainOrion

Nov 7, 2011
Megumi0505 said:
ChaplainOrion said:
Megumi0505 said:
ChaplainOrion said:
I'm afraid to ask, but are these people serious? Do they actually spell like that? I thought that was a joke making fun of the few people who do. I'm not sure whether or not to be ashamed of myself or my species.
Twitter has a character limit so people probably spell like that to get as much content as they can into one tweet. Granted I still barely have a grasp on how twitter even works.
I'm scared Megumi hold me. The stupidity of people scare me.
*hugs* There there it's okay, stupid people get killed by their own stupidity all the time. That's why the Darwin awards exist. It's only a matter of time, don't you worry.
Tell me about the Darwin Megumi. Tell me about how one day we will have a smart world.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
him over there said:
The problem is the sites in question are frequented by people like this that totally defeats the purpose. If you're using wikipedia you probably aren't in any way smart enough to understand wikipedia
This is false.

Lots of smart people use wikipedia; I've been told that there are even some smart twitter users. They just don't usually say things that get them hashtagged under herpderpedia.

Monkey_Warfare

Sep 10, 2008
Colour-Scientist said:
It's entertaining how many people are upset and confused over Wikipedia's decision to black out over its dislike of soap.
As a student I can throw full support behind the opposition of soap

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
Mortai Gravesend said:
Lol @ all their overreactions. "How am I supposed to do my homework!?"
Are they THAT retarded to not even try using google + Cached?

This is why im not enrolled to vote. Despite being in Australia, these days the country's "top dogs" are old men and woman, totally retarded, still believing on beliefs from the 1900's and refuse change for BETTER.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Well... it sure fufilled it's objective to get the attention of the... "average" internet user. I think we take our community's knowledge here for granted sometimes. I mean... these can't ALL be trolls... many of these have to be actual human beings thinking this...

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
Legomaniac91 said:
God help us if Facebook or Youtube tried this. While it would be an effective way to get support to a wider audience, every 13 year old girl in America would be rioting in the streets.
I'd love to see that though, honestly. I wish that HAD happened.

OT: Are people really that stupid? You have to look at the blocked Wiki page and it outright tells you what's happening!!

Megumi0505

Dec 7, 2011
ChaplainOrion said:
Megumi0505 said:
ChaplainOrion said:
Megumi0505 said:
ChaplainOrion said:
I'm afraid to ask, but are these people serious? Do they actually spell like that? I thought that was a joke making fun of the few people who do. I'm not sure whether or not to be ashamed of myself or my species.
Twitter has a character limit so people probably spell like that to get as much content as they can into one tweet. Granted I still barely have a grasp on how twitter even works.
I'm scared Megumi hold me. The stupidity of people scare me.
*hugs* There there it's okay, stupid people get killed by their own stupidity all the time. That's why the Darwin awards exist. It's only a matter of time, don't you worry.
Tell me about the Darwin Megumi. Tell me about how one day we will have a smart world.
http://www.darwinawards.com/

I'd love to but they're currently participating in the blackout too lol

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
I abso-motherfucking-lutely hate people who don't FUCKING READ!

Seriously, if they read the small paragraph that appears on when you go to a wiki page it will tell you everything.

These people shouldn't be allowed to live. Seriously.

Megumi0505

Dec 7, 2011
I used to blame AOL for letting stupid people onto the internet. Now I just blame society for idolizing stupidity.

TheVector

Feb 10, 2010
Regiment said:
I just have to laugh at all the "How do you get to Wikipedia/ Here's how to evade Wikipedia's blackout" things. To evade Wikipedia's blackout:
1) Go to Wikipedia
2) Click the "Learn More" link
3) Follow Wikipedia's own instructions on how to evade their blackout

(Didn't the President say or otherwise indicate that he would veto SOPA? Wouldn't that make all these blackouts very explicitly not his fault?)
Yes, pressing the escape keep subverts the whole thing, and after trying it once to see if it works I felt guilty for circumventing the protest. The twitter thread seems to be comprised of bunches of high school students working on reports, so demonstrates the horrific failure of the public education system to raise awareness of political issues (especially ones that could affect students of said system), and teach students to read. Or to follow links. Or maybe they're all just stupid.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Princess Trollestia said:
As long as YouTube and other, more secret stuff, are not blocked then everything is K on my part.
If SOPA and PIPA go through we'd probably lose the pony episodes on Youtube and elsewhere.

OT: Haha theres just people who can not function properly if anything goes wrong. People were able to function before Wikipedia, now..... well evidence speaks for itself. Some people just can't.

And blaming Obama for this, my ignorinomiter just maxed out. Educate yourselves people..... elsewhere from Wikipedia. Well it's back up now, so go there, learn and quit bitchin'.

Chunga the Great

Sep 12, 2010
Shockolate said:
It's pretty obvious. I mean, he's black, blackouts. You'd have to be stupid not to see the connection.

Guess you could say *shades* people need to lighten up. YEEEAAAAH.

I'm out of jokes. :<
http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/

OT: I.....I just can't even..... It says why it's down, why can't people just........
Oh screw it. *CLICK* I don't want to live on a planet with these idiots anymore *BANG*

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Seriously it doesn't surprise me that people are willing to blame Obama for this. I have an account for trolling the Yahoo! news people by posting "It's Obama's fault."

You could blame Obama for a truckload of three legged one eyed kittens getting adopted into loving homes and people would blindly see some negative communist motive behind the story. Either that or they have some Pavlovian response to seeing the words "it's Obama's fault" in a sentence and simultaneously jizz in their pants and click the thumbs up\like button.