People You Hate Whom Everyone Else Loves

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
RedRockRun said:
Randall Munroe.
As in XKCD Randall Munroe? If so, that's a pretty obscure pick. (Never heard of the other two.)

As for me, umm... no idea. Every public figure I dislike seems to have a pretty sizable number of people who dislike them.

Err, I don't find Dwayne Johnson to be a particularly compelling actor? Then again, he was good in Pain and Gain.

I guess Totalbiscuit always rather rubbed me up the wrong way? But I don't hate the guy. I just block his channel and leave it at that.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't think there's any hate I hold toward certain people that isn't shared by most others. You know, like Gary Glitter (wait is he still alive) or german comedians.

I guess I have very little love for Leonardo DiCaprio's pubescent scream acting though, which a lot of people tend to find award worthy.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Markiplier. I can?t stand anything about him, but particularly his artificially deep, loud voice. That, coupled with his obnoxious personality, and you?ve got the perfect embodiment of a ?bro-dick.? I don?t know what 17 million people were thinking when they subbed to that douchebag.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Felicia Day. For fucks sake, we get it, now that being a gamer girl is in vogue you've totes like for realz have always, no backsies, been into games and wow are those glasses, you're just soo nerdy, here have some money!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
J.J. Abrams. A.k.a. Michael Bay with nerd glasses.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Xprimentyl said:
Markiplier. I can't stand anything about him, but particularly his artificially deep, loud voice. That, coupled with his obnoxious personality, and you've got the perfect embodiment of a "bro-dick!" I don?t know what 17 million people were thinking when they subbed to that douchebag.
Same here! I generally cannot stand how he mutters on some of his lets plays! I also hate his personality aswell as he's like Ned Flanders of Lets Play but more annoying but I guessing my personality clashes with his. I just roll my eyes over him weeping over that One Chance flash game and aswell crying over his thanks you videos.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Silentpony said:
Felicia Day. For fucks sake, we get it, now that being a gamer girl is in vogue you've totes like for realz have always, no backsies, been into games and wow are those glasses, you're just soo nerdy, here have some money!
I think most of her appeal comes from being adorkable i.e. The Guild, Dr. Horrible and the new MST3K season. Naturally, your mileage may vary.

Buffoon1980

Mar 9, 2013
I guess Russell Brand might count. I absolutely cannot see what people like about him. And, I dunno, probably everyone that's ever done a Let's Play or reaction video on YouTube. And I've always found Angelina Jolie to be particularly unappealing in terms of appearance, but that's pretty shallow; I have no real opinion of her acting ability. And if we're going a bit broader into fictional people, I'll nominate 90% of superheroes.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Dalisclock said:
Silentpony said:
I think most of her appeal comes from being adorkable i.e. The Guild, Dr. Horrible and the new MST3K season. Naturally, your mileage may vary.

Adorkable in a very cynical, crafted for maximum Nerd appeal, way. Like how Jennifer Lawrence was 'America's sweetheart' and was just so star-struck and clumsy and cute and oh so much love. Until we learned it was all an act, a PR stunt, and she's actually a really snotty, dismissive person who doesn't even let film crew look her in the eye.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
JonTron, before he became hated by half the Internet (jeez, that sounded as hipster as it gets...). His persona seemed to rub me the wrong way. Duchy, egocentric and whinny (specially when making cameos on the other Youtubers videos). I admit his videos made me laugh, but the Internet used to absolutely adore him because "lol so random" (at least I hope it was because of that, and not because they identified themselves with his persona).

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Dalisclock said:
Silentpony said:
I like her in the new MST3K season. ...mostly. I think they put too much emphasis on her. That bit with her singing to Neil Patrick Harris I could've done without. And what the hell was with Max falling in love with her?? That was stupid.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Nobody, really. I have a much lower opinion of the film career of Robin Williams than most people seem to (IE I think it's almost entirely irredeemable wank), but all the people I hate have a very large contingent of people who also hate them.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I don't know. Every person I thought everybody else loved is sort of equally hated by unknowns online. So it's not easy to say. I don't hate without very good reason (at least in my incredibly warped, broken brain). Maybe dislike? Find distasteful? Even then, they tend to have a few haters themselves. I hate intentionally dishonest people who pretend they care about the good of others, or those who lie in an attempt to get others to not care with them. I hate Bono. And I hate BoJo. Both whom seemed relatively harmless when I knew so little. I hate narcissistic YouTube personalities who are rewarded by bored kids for just arrogantly waffling into a webcam about their completely untroubled lives everyday. I hate Micheal Winner and everything he represents about the upper class of British society. I hate myself for hating but it's okay, I can at least solve that problem with a few well measured toxins to quietly shut it all up.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Margaret Atwood.

Now this might be more of a Canadian thing but in my circle, you get strange looks when you say that you do not enjoy her work. I personally agree with 90% of her politics but find her writing to be incredibly overbearing and preachy and her characters to be one-dimensional.