Yeah

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
TriggerHappyAngel said:
dfphetteplace said:
TriggerHappyAngel said:
the album "The Sickness" from Disturbed :D
April Fools?
A hate against Disturbed? (also known as bad music taste :D)
I find Disturbed to be boring. They are nothing special. If they are the only thing on the radio (if I must listen to the radio) then I won't *****, but they do not impress me, personally. But if you like, thats alright. They have to make a living some how.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
aruseusx said:
Sound of Perseverence & Individual Thought Patterns by Death
Sons of the Northern Darkness by Immortal
Night Passage by Weather Report
Jaco Pastorius' solo album
Swallowed in Black by Sadus
The Divine Wings of Tragedy by Symphony X
First four Megadeth albums
Onset of Putrefaction by Necrophagist

Yeah
I disagree with non of these, especially the Death and Necrophagist albums. Hell. Yes.

Dodgy

Mar 23, 2010
DjDairy said:
Kid A - Radiohead

It's just so beautiful.
Agreed, add Amnesiac to that as well. Pyramid Song is one of the best songs ever made in my book.

Also, Massive Attack's Mezzanine is about 'perfect' as well. That one might just be too perfect, it's really been produced to bits.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Daft Punk - Discovery
Daft Punk - Alive 2007
Muse - Absolution

I can listen to those three forever.

Frenger

May 31, 2009
Radiohead - OK Computer, not a single bad song on there, not even Fitter, happier.

The Stranglers - The Raven. So sweeeeeeeet.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Robot Hive/Exodus - Clutch
Only Revolutions - Biffy Clyro
Black Sails at Midnight - Alestorm
Scars on Broadway - Scars on Broadway
The majority of System of a Down albums.

Well, that's just albums from which I like all the songs of. There's no real 'quality' involved, really.

Nov 7, 2009
In terms of albums with no bad songs, Rammstein's Reise, Reise and Metallica's Ride The Lightning (well, except Escape).
Albums that only slightly miss the mark are Slipknot's Subliminal Verses (Opium of the People and Welcome) and Mastodon's Leviathan (I Am Ahab/Island).
I realize I'll get trolled but 21st Century Breakdown by Green Day only has one or two bad songs as well, and it's one of the few albums I can stand consistently listening all the way through.

Oh, shit, nearly forgot.
[HEADING=1]CRACK THE SKYE.[/HEADING]
Best metal album ever made, IMO.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
plastic_window said:
The best album I've ever heard is The Wall by Pink Floyd. Predictable answer, sure, but to me it's unbeatable. Nothing else I've ever heard tries to do what Pink Floyd did with The Wall.
Ninja'd.
After having listened to it about three hundred million times, it still never fails to literally give me goosebumps.

I'll put in "Ágætis Byrjun" en "Takk..." by Sigur Rós, my favourite band.

Ziltoid

Sep 29, 2009
Outright Villainy said:
Ocean Machine by Devin townsend. Still my near favourite album, and I've had it for years. Fortress by protest the hero was the last album to wow me with every single track though, they're a bloody awesome band.
Those are two awesome choices, although I personally would put Terria as Devin's best.

Fear of a Blank Planet - Porcupine Tree
Death of a Dead Day - SikTh (Outright Villainy you should check this out if you like Protest)
El Cielo - Dredg
Catch 33 - Meshuggah
Sound Awake - Karnivool
Lateralus - Tool
Blackwater Park - Opeth
Mabool - Orphaned Land
Precambrian - The Ocean

No filler on any of these IMO.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
An absolutely perfect album? Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. Every detail down to the album cover and artwork I enjoy about that album and it is probably my favourite album of all time, suppose that I end up doing an extensive search of my music collection for a favourite album. Just below that is Brian Eno's Ambient 1: Music for Airports; Eno is someone who I would like to listen to more of, but for now Music for Airports is an absolutely beautiful album to listen to, especially as background music (what the album was made for in the first place).

This has been mentioned already, but Absolution by Muse I consider to be an perfect album, by which I mean that I can't think of any flawed songs on it. And I don't care how much hatred this gets me, but I also liked Panic! at the Disco's A Fever You Can't Sweat Out to about a similar degree as well.