Personal Monster.

Timewave Zero

Apr 1, 2009
READ THE FULL POST!!!
Silent Hill's monsters (at least number 2's) are reflections of the main character's inner turmoil.
So, I came up with the idea of monsters that would manifest because of a person in Silent Hill, i.e. my fellow Esacapists.

So my query is this:
Without ripping off any other Silent Hill monsters or any other creations but your own, what would your Silent Hill monster look like?
No picturees saying 'This' or whatever and no saying Pyarmid Head.
Be original.
Give a description and name, if at all possible.
You can make as man as you like.

To start off, my own monster would manifest from my own general misanthropy towards those around me (except you guy's here, you're alright). It would look like a person covered with rusted, bloody thin spikes that just out at awkward angles from its ears, eyes and nose, hands, chest and back. It's skin is pinkish and fleshy, covered in bleeding slashes with more bloody spikes jutting from them. It doesn't have genitals at all. It weeps blood constantly and gibbers choked words of anger. From it's mouth juts one large, long spike which the tongue coils around sometimes. The spikes on its back impale people through their torso's, which constantly move around in wriyhing agony.
I call it NeedleSkin.
It personifies my misanthropy.

The second monster would be a cowering figure, with jet black skin that's pulled tightly around its body; so tight that it tears and splits revealing the red flesh underneath. Its head it large and malformed, with bony protrusions and no face discernable face, which is covered in an opaque dirty white plasitc covering, held together by wires. Its clenched fists hold a long, rusted shiv each. The thing shakes constantly, as if frightened or crying. But when approached, it lashes out with dozens of arms that spread out from its chest, all carrying shivs or blades of some kind.
I don't have a name for this creature yet.
It represents my shyness and frustration at people who pretty much insult me on a daily basis. I usually never do anything, but I do lash out rather violently when provoked.

The third monster represents my actual anger, not my misanthropy or frustration, but right out anger.
It's humanoid, save for that it is well over 7 feett all, has no skin and has 3 inch claws on its hands. Its head is a mess of flesh and teeth with a tendril like mane. Two large wings jut from its back like flaps of skin supported by long finger-like appendages. The wings sympolize my anger, which in the words of Tutenkhamens curse, comes on 'swift wings'. It has dozens of legs, all seemingly comfortably set, but to seems to jerk awkwardly as it walks.

EDIT: I have noticed people are putting up pictures and things and saying 'I think this is awesome' as they describe their monster.
THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT.
What are your innermost disturbing turmoils? What scares you about yourself? The worst parts of you melded into flesh and bone, albeit in a twisted fashion, before your eyes. You can't like this creature. It personifies all that is bad about you.

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Timewave Zero said:
To start off, my own monster would manifest from my own general misanthropy towards those around me (except you guy's here, you're alright). It would look like a featurless person covered with rusted, bloody needles that just out at awkward angles from it's entire head, hands, chest and back. It's skin is pinkish and fleshy, covered in bleeding slashes with more bloody spikes jutting from them.
I call it NeedleSkin.

On-Topic: I really don't know.

siege_1302

Jul 17, 2008
A swirling mayhem of chaos, with the rules of time and space bent and broken and rended asunder like paper before the claws of demons undying. Nothing held constant, even the ground beneath my feet changing like the rest. My monsters would be kittens one second, warping into the most depraved combinations of wyrms, insects, beasts...everything my extensive imagination could conjure.
No nurses.
Maybe an ex girlfriend or two. Oh, and no ammo, because a real man fights with a lead pipe or battleaxe.

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
Mine Personally, it would be like a scared little kid, maybe a teenager waering nothing but white. The first time you meet him, he would be standing by hinmelsf with his head facing down, hair drpaped over his face not seeing any or mych detail of his face. He wouldnt make a oise, or move anyway, just stand there, and wait. Wait for someone to either help him on his way, either to hell or to somewhere else unharmed.

He wouldnt attack anyone unless protevcting something or you hurt me first, then he would go insane and be very hard to kill.

In case you havnt realised, i feel lonely and sad even though im talking to about 4 people.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Most likely, the town would realise I have no issues to physically manifest, and just give up and throw shapeless fleshy masses at me.

I would probably call them "Ew".

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Back and forth... I'll pick this one.

Ok, out of the many monster type things I've created in my head over the years, one type always remains.

The monster would be pitch black, hunched over with long skinny arms and an oversized left arm with huge clawed fingers. Spikes( or spines?) on the back, by/on the spine with 2 main spikes coming out to the right and left of the spine near the top of the back. The face is featureless except for a single, big mouth with 2 rows of razor sharp teeth. Legs are jointed in the way you'd think of a minotaur's legs would be like. Also, a tail( continuing the spine/spikes across the back)

I like that creature a lot...

SkylerRock

Apr 19, 2009
Not to be ripping off SH but large breasted faceless nurses would make an appearence in my own personal hell due to a combination of frustration and the fact that I seem to have been involved with an inordinate amount of nurses (for someone who isn't a doctor and lives nowhere near a hospital).

My main antagonist in this nightmare would probably be a manifestation of some really deep seeded emotional issues I have, something faceless, feral and utterly uncontrollable.

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
Aby_Z said:
Back and forth... I'll pick this one.

Ok, out of the many monster type things I've created in my head over the years, one type always remains.

The monster would be pitch black, hunched over with long skinny arms and an oversized left arm with huge clawed fingers. Spikes( or spines?) on the back, by/on the spine with 2 main spikes coming out to the right and left of the spine near the top of the back. The face is featureless except for a single, big mouth with 2 rows of razor sharp teeth. Legs are jointed in the way you'd think of a minotaur's legs would be like. Also, a tail( continuing the spine/spikes across the back)

I like that creature a lot...
That sounds pretty damn awesome, except I think it's supposed to convey some sort of message about the way you act/think.

OT:It would be a second me, but surounded by darker, hateful thoughts. It would also follow me around, pointing out flaws in everyone I meet. I would call it "Doppelganger".

monalith

Nov 24, 2008
something with spines and bone poking through its flesh which cut it self as it moves. also its eyes would be torn out and its mouth filled with fangs which again poke through its skin.

Woem

May 28, 2009
A mind/memory reader. I don't want anyone to know my deepest thoughts, much less expose them.
So I definitely wouldn't want to cross an Illithid (better known as a Mind Flayer).

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
A giant pixlated spider, that has random pixels fall off but regrow a little while later, it would also be a hermaphrodite. It would occasionally go crazy for no real reason and in general have child like mood swings.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Woem said:
A mind/memory reader. I don't want anyone to know my deepest thoughts, much less expose them.
So I definitely wouldn't want to cross an Illithid (better known as a Mind Flayer).

I believe that Mind Flayers usually smash your head into bits after 5 seconds of horrible pain. Then you stop caring about them reading your memories. Because you are so dead.

As for me, I think that a were-spider. Something like if Venom and Doctor Octopus could have babies, and those babies had babies with a shapeshifter.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
It would be a cloud in a rough shape of a human, not perfect. It looks nice and approachable but if you make one wrong move it turns black and thunder moves through the cloud and a red evil grin shows on the face. Water starts to flood out of it's feet , whatever is in that water will be electricuted.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Abedeus said:
Woem said:

I believe that Mind Flayers usually smash your head into bits after 5 seconds of horrible pain. Then you stop caring about them reading your memories. Because you are so dead.

As for me, I think that a were-spider. Something like if Venom and Doctor Octopus could have babies, and those babies had babies with a shapeshifter.
Just because they can kill you in an instance doesn't mean they always do so. Apart from the human cattle they use as thralls, slaves, and chattel, they can use their abilities for more diplomatic purposes, such as blackmail.

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
Some sort of witch-hunter inspired critter as false accusations and a religion-before-reason mentality are both things know to put me into a rage. Probably quite ghostly in nature as it's easier to plan for a solid, physical threat.

Stephanos132

Sep 7, 2009
Hmm... I saw this thread and thought of something along the lines of a cardboard box that you can't see into nor open or damage, and changes its location at random whilst your back is turned (so one minute it's in a corner of a room, the next moment it might be on a table in the same room, or on a hedge outside if said room has a window). I dunno how scary it would be, but I imagine that being seemingly followed and/or watched by an enigmatic and seemingly inanimate object might be unnerving for some.

Now I've said that, I imagine that would generally manifest from hidden thoughts of potential malice, barely masked by an apparently innocuous facade (enough to dissuade immediate concern, but not enough to prevent unease).

I'm not entirely sure if that would be me though, but it's a concept I now entertain regardless.

Feb 14, 2008
Mine would have the smartest AI to date, and be some kind of normal looking guy with a face similar to this guy [http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=461] (panel 6) and wear a nice tuxedo.
His attack would be to rip you apart with his bare hands.

Sam G

Jul 14, 2009
Mine...
I reckon he'd live in a metal box (because I'm usually a total recluse from the outside world), and would burst out at people. He'd have loads of hair, but it'd all be falling out (exam stress), he might be black, because I have this terrible fear that I'm a racist. Also, he'd have scary blood-soaked Freddy Krueger claws ('cause Nightmare on Elm Street was a frickin' scary film).

His name: Lonely Hell.