Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
But I can still kill the dogs in the COD games, right? If not, will one of the Peta guys agree to jump in front of the attack dogs for me, so I don't have to kill them(I still will, though)?

Because I really hate those dogs.

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
i couldn't kill an infestation of cockroaches in my house if i followed their mentality... they would probably want me change to another house because i would be endangering their habitat...

.>

... the rat started it

kebab4you said:
But peta, if not rats what do you want me to grind on when I'm a newbie in RPGs?
slimes... japan's version of rats/giant spiders

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
And the PETA trolls succeed again.

Me, I killed so many rats in the original Deus Ex, it was like my own little minigame. I'd gleefully laugh when I saw a garbage bag because of the opportunities for bonfires AND rat spawns!

Runnin' through alleys, killin' rats with a million dollar nanosword....

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
Next week on PETA news, thet bash skyrim for its inhuman display of violence against dragon, those gentle firebreathing piece of data are made to suffer at the hands of evil gamers who should all be killed haha

my god i often wonder what i would do if i met a sensible member of PETA

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
I always thought wild/town rats were vermin. Besides, just think of how many critters get killed in any 24 hour period on WoW. That one squirrel in on the statue in Dalaran for particular.
Or Gamon, poor Gamon.
If killing polygonal, pretend creatures is wrong then 99.9% of computer games could be classed as wrong.

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
I'm always surprised by PETA. Just when I think their causes couldn't get any more stupid, they dig themselves another hole in the bottom of the pit and scream for attention that they've made the bar even lower.

I'm all for stopping animal cruelty, conservation of wildlife, and an end to industrial agriculture, but unfortunately PETA isn't about these things. They're all about insulting people's intelligence by trying to elevate animals above humans. Except for domestic animals. We'll neuter them into extinction. Or come to work early so we can euthanize more of them

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Um i suppose they never bothered to notice it was self defence? I thought everyone agreed that Human life > Animal life... Right? It did attack you first and it was probably rabid but no should have just let it kill you

It is hilarious after all, and oh my, i am insulted that nobody's posted the actual video yet...

I suppose they'll be complaining that you flip The Rat off when it kills you next...

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
"There have been repeated cases in Germany of animal cruelty, where young people kill animals in cruel ways," it continued, drawing a "science says" connection between videogames and bad behavior in the real world. "Inspiration for these acts they received in the past, often by violent movies and computer games."

So wait, by PETA's logic, there should have been multiple murders of Muslims by 'young people' as well due to Battlefield 3's subject matter. Consistency much?

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
jurnag12 said:
AND NOT A SINGLE SH*T WAS GIVEN.
Damnit PETA, when will you finally learn that no one takes you seriously anymore!

Is this relevant?

Meh I'm posting it anyway.
Man, I love that guy. Watched him do the warm up for Reginald D. Hunter. His joke about all the different fish dishes in Portugal, and how people who thought this made Portugal better than England were idiots, because England made (Lists pretty much ever rock band from England that have ever existed. It takes him about a minute too list all the bands, and it is truly amazing how he does it)

"So, yeah, Portugal can carry on dicking around with fish. We got the Beatles."

SQN Leader 095

May 8, 2011
maybe they should be put in situations like that. maybe they didnt notice that the character in the game gave that rat a warning gesture with his hand to 'piss off' but the rat attacked the player first and would not cease and desist with the attack upon being given said warning. upon which the basic ANIMAL instincts of fight or flight took over. since your character had no where to go he had to fight the rat off. because if he didn't he would be shot by an overhead PLR soldier. there fore that kill of a useless flea bitten disease infested animal was a kill or die scenario. if PETA has a problem with that scenario then they can choose not to kill the rat. but i get the feeling that they will not progress far through the campaign.

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
Yeah, well, that rat totally deserved it! It almost brought the free world to its end when he tried to nibble at the hand of the protagonist whose name ive already forgotten.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I stab rats for breakfast. Yeah, take that PETA. Then I smothered some stray cats for lunch. mmmmmmm, cat.... then for dinner? HORSES!!!!

joinchoir

meme meme meme
Apr 4, 2010
Thatguyky said:
You know the world is going to shit when people complain about a rat getting virtually killed in a 100% nowhere near real video game. The more I read this article the funnier it seems. I can picture PETA members wearing "Save The Rats!" T-Shirts...lol
... while throwing popcorn at the TV while the R.O.U.Ss get burned up in the fire swamp.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Aren't rats like impossible to ever wipe out completely? I mean as humans we provide them with the ability to survive even though we are always trying to get rid of them. A creature less likely to face danger at the hands of needless killing would be cockroaches and cats. They are also a high carrier for dieases

Still though what are rats doing in a Battlefield game and why would you want to waste time stabbing one?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Because of this, I would release a free DLC that's all about killing animals for XP. Fuck you PETA. Grow the fuck up. It's not a real rat. And even if it was, no one gives a shit about rats.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Soon PETA will criticize us for telling Fluffy, The Destroyer of Worlds to go shove it.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
As a lifelong gamer, I'm offended. The only rats I've ever harmed are the ones that went into my kebab without my knowledge.