Peter Jackson Sends Video Blog Back from Middle Earth

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
castlewise said:
Except that Peter Jackson looks completely different now. I hope he's just lost weight and doesn't have cancer or something.
Don't worry he just lost a lot of weight. Sometime between Return of the King and when King Kong was released. Quite a while ago.

OT: This is so exciting! I will have to read the book again!

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Casual Shinji said:
I guess Jackson is getting older too, but he really looks kind of frail and exhausted compared to when he made LotR.
I looks like he lost about a hundred pounds too.
I know! He's lost a lot of weight! I'm a little worried about him.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
blackdwarf said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I found the LOTR movies fantastic, and the books to be let-downs.

So, I'm looking forward to this. Those sets are sexy...
books a let-down?....... noooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssss

the movies are my favoriet, the books are amazing, and i love the story of the hobbit. i still abit annoyed the it will have 3D, but maybe jackson knows what he is doing, we will see.
We loves the bookses! We loves thems!

NO! We hates the bookses! The movies told the story better!

But the movieses were faithful to the bookses!

The bookses' timeline was sporatic at bestses. The movies told the story with the events in chronological orderses!

The imagery of the bookses was amazing! The movieses left out too many plot pointses!

The bookses are too slow paced!

Ya know what, you and me are freaking done professionally!

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
Grond Strong said:
I'm quite pleased that Jackson is directing this movie(s). Because although it may have been nice to see a different style in a LoTR movie, I believe that it's better if all the movies are consistent with each other. From the looks of things it will be a great success. Don't know if I agree with them making it into two movies and I wonder if that was Jackson's call or the company to milk the franchise. The Hobbit is shorter than any of the trilogy books and I think that if they were going to make any of them into two movies then it should have been those. To me, there is no smooth transition into a double movie and the book is a simple enough read to keep it limited to one. But what am I to say? I'm a skeptic, not a movie producer. :p
I believe they are gonna film the events of when Gandalf went to fight the necromancer.

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
Mister Benoit said:
I got goosebumps at the end of the video >.>

I'm pretty excited and extremely jealous that this is going on as we speak. The thought that they will be working on this just about every day for the next year and a half. They will have an absolutely fantastic time and be treated extremely well.

I am extremely envious of them.
If I'm to be honest, me too. Absolutely envious that they get to do this as their job...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I havent watched the vid yet or read the article but...

HOW MUCH WEIGHT HAS HE LOST, GAWD DAMN?!

Having now seen the vid: IM SO EXCITED!!!

Any film that uses WETA WORKSHOP get a auto pass from me, the fact their back with Mr.Jackson makes me giddy.

Also look how casual Andy Serkis is in a overall, like it would be weird for him not to be in one which is true considering hes on a film set.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
why the hell was this movie in limbo so long, shit it should have been made with the trilogy,i think this might be peter's last film he looks rough

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
Took one look at that little embedded video and my first instinct was that it was a dialog box.

I win at videogames.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
AssassinJoe said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Casual Shinji said:
I guess Jackson is getting older too, but he really looks kind of frail and exhausted compared to when he made LotR.
I looks like he lost about a hundred pounds too.
I know! He's lost a lot of weight! I'm a little worried about him.
Well, he did just have surgery before filming started. That explains why he looks so ragged.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
MovieS??? The Hobbit was as long as Fellowship, why does this need to be a series? But if it's good I will complain no further, just release a re-cut of the LoTR series with ALL scenes from the book captured on film.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
This is gonna be the best movie ever since Return of the King. I loves you Peter. *sobs*

Panda Mania

Jul 1, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I found the LOTR movies fantastic, and the books to be let-downs.

So, I'm looking forward to this. Those sets are sexy...
Same here. I can appreciate Tolkien's mythological genius, but reading the action instead of watching it was a lot less...entrancing. Not that I don't love to read, I certainly do, but those books just didn't much for me *shrugs*

This movie's gonna be awesome!!!

Mr0llivand3r

Aug 10, 2008
you have no idea the extent to which i just popped a massive LotR/tH boner.

from the first second to the last second of this video i was smiling ear to ear.