Peter Molyneux Asks Reviewers To Ask Around

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Ivoryagent post=7.73509.800824 said:
domicius post=7.73509.799968 said:
Honestly, it's all been downhill for PM since Populous and to a lesser extent Syndicate. And those games were a long, long, long time ago.

I really don't know how he gets away with his reputation any more. He just doesn't deliver.
The man has been hailed as "one of the greatest personalities" in the gaming industry, when all the fuck he does is hype up his completely average products.

People fall for it every single fucking time. I don't know why.
Maybe it's his accent.
Look at Yahtzee. People hang on his every word and I think it's the accent 90% of the time.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It's odd. This is what he's saying:
Peter Molyneux said:
Please don't review the game until the multiplayer portion comes out some time after initial release.
But this is all I hear:
Peter Molyneux said:
Please don't review this half-finished, buggy, shoved-out-the-door game until our marvelous hype machine can get enough suckers to buy it so that they'll feel obligated to pay for the rest of the game when we release it in tiny, overpriced DLC chunks later.
--

SimuLord post=7.73509.799724 said:
The greater question at issue here is if he is telling the reviewers to wait for the online content before completing their reviews, then why send out advance copies of the game?
Probably so that nobody could claim "Wow, he won't even send out review copies, this game will SUCK!".

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
To be fair, Fable looks like a fun little game. Not a life changing experiance, but i've never expected it to be so. I shall enjoy the wailing and despair of all the fanboys who bought into the hype, for their suffering grants the hate-maw that is my heart sustinance. MmmMmMm, shattered dreams~