"Phantom of the Arcade 2: Shadows, Darkness, and Dread" - A Text Adventure

idiot445

Aug 19, 2008
So... I've been trying to open the clock for awhile. I can't seem to find the right verb to pry the sucker open.

EDIT: I too tend to overthink, and have now solved it. 60/65 points and the good ending.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
I got the good ending(but missed 5 points) and yet I still feel like a horrible human being. Am glad that I practice the traditional text adventure standard of PICK UP EVERYTHING YOU CAN. I suppose that is advice.

Also "IT" is always the best thing to disguise yourself as for Halloween.

Also, Bananaphone...I could hear the song playing in my head...

SilverHammerMan said:
Dammit, how do I get the broken glass. I have everything else.
So, did you know that some singers can actually sing a high enough pitch to shatter wine glasses?

Macgyvercas said:
Umm, hate to ask, but how do I get the handkerchief?
You'll definitely need that handkerchief with how red your nose is. Try not to smudge your facepaint though.

Though it isn't of any great importance anymore, what do you do at the photo hut?

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Woem said:
Agayek said:
paragon1 said:
Okay, stupid question. How do you get the ping pong ball out of the hole?
Remember where the hole is in relation to everything else. There's another item/scenery thingy there you probably missed that is key.
paragon1 said:
Agayek said:
paragon1 said:
Okay, stupid question. How do you get the ping pong ball out of the hole?
Remember where the hole is in relation to everything else. There's another item/scenery thingy there you probably missed that is key.
Found it!
I think I need more hints on this. The ball is the only thing I'm missing...
It's very easy to miss. The thing you need to use is only mentioned when the ball rolls into the hole.

Aitruis

Mar 4, 2009
Props to the authors, it was highly entertaining. For anyone that wants a good laugh, try using the *take* command on the hole.

Crapster

Aug 6, 2009
It was a nice little Halloween diversion, one that certainly got into the spirit of the season! Although given the good ending, I shudder to think what the bad ending would be like...

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Meh, I liked the first one better. It was funny and qwirky. This one tries to be scary, but is just slightly unsettling.

I got the good ending too, but only got 60 out of 65 points... weird.

Bug:
When you first walk onto the Dead End, it gives you a description (I think) it should only give you when you enter it from the second time forward (the one that says you should try to invite the beast to Facebook).

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Damn it. I was using the wrong command. And it only took me 50 turns to figure it out.
>_<

twistedshadows

Apr 26, 2009
paulgruberman said:
PrototypeC said:
What-what-what?! My ehhh... my code isn't working. Is it case sensitive? Does it include spaces? Does it have numbers? (I'm not sure if that's an i or a 1... or an l). I should have copied and pasted it. No wait, we can't do that, can we? Ugggh!
No numbers, no spaces, not case sensitive.

Did you pick Phantom of the Arcade 2 from the dropdown on the page to enter your code?
Edit: Nevermind, I got it to work.

Fists

Apr 16, 2009
wildpeaks said:
The web version has a save feature, however I don't know the verb for loading from file, "load" doesn't seem to be recognized ?
Try 'restore'

Junkle

in the trunkle.
Oct 26, 2009
Did anyone else notice that the abbreviation (POTA2) says "potato" when you read it out loud?

Kalas92

Jun 30, 2009
I have:
Broken glass
a ping pong ball
stuffing
a screwdriver
a raincoat
and a handkerchief.
now i,ve been walking around for about half an hour trying to figure out what to do.
So I ask you fine people here at the escapist... WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!
and I have the copper spring.

Fists

Apr 16, 2009
Kalas92 said:
I have:
Broken glass
a ping pong ball
stuffing
a screwdriver
a raincoat
and a handkerchief.
now i,ve been walking around for about half an hour trying to figure out what to do.
Maybe there is some sort of story critical use for the peices of detritus you have collected, or at least something you could put them in while you think.

Kalas92

Jun 30, 2009
Fists said:
Kalas92 said:
I have:
Broken glass
a ping pong ball
stuffing
a screwdriver
a raincoat
and a handkerchief.
Maybe there is some sort of story critical use for the peices of detritus you have collected, or at least something you could put them in while you think.
Could you please dumb that down so someone with the mental capacity of a third grader like myself could understand it. Please.

kahlzun

Sep 9, 2009
It took me forever to figure out how to
turn on the spigot
, I mean I knew straightaway that's what it wanted me to do (Like Aesop's Raven), but it didn't respond to any of the commands I was using.

Also, I just went back and played it to get the BAD ending, and its scary how quickly you can finish it when you know what you're doing!