Philadelphia Train Sexual Assault (Content Warning I guess, because this one is BAD)

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Tucker Carlson Tonight has confirmed that Fiston Ngoy, who was arrested last week for allegedly raping the woman in a brutal attack on a SEPTA train in front of other passengers, came to the U.S. legally in 2012 on a student visa.

And Fox News shall now demonize student visas.
I mean the news demonizes everyone and everything to be fair. Their whole business model is based off drama views.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean the news demonizes everyone and everything to be fair. Their whole business model is based off drama views.
Fox News tend to be the most vocal and demonize the most though. The fact that they highly encourage people to act like ignorant assholes and try to portray or sell them as heroes, gives me negative Infinity respect for them. I don't trust every news channel or site, but there's definitely plenty that have more credibility than Fox News.

Reactions: Buyetyen

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Fox News tend to be the most vocal and demonize the most though
I just watched a video from CNN slamming Joe Rogan for taking Ivermectin because it's a horse dewormer. I mean both sides clearly come from a place with extreme bias' just on opposite sides. Sponsored by Pizer interestingly enough too. I'm sure that has nothing to do with anything at all.

At best I watch local news, and even then I don't really pay attention. If something happens I wait until the internet is abuzz about it and then look at a few different articles to see what the scoop is.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just watched a video from CNN slamming Joe Rogan for taking Ivermectin because it's a horse dewormer. I mean both sides clearly come from a place with extreme bias' just on opposite sides. Sponsored by Pizer interestingly enough too. I'm sure that has nothing to do with anything at all.

At best I watch local news, and even then I don't really pay attention. If something happens I wait until the internet is abuzz about it and then look at a few different articles to see what the scoop is.
I barely touched CNN. I have watched them on occasion in the past, but I still find them more credible than Fox news. While I do prefer local news myself, it's not something that constantly rely on for 100% information. At least CNN don't always sound like smug jackasses that act better than everyone else and believe they're the only good guys and everyone else is either in the wrong, misguided, or villains.

As for the whole Joe Rogan situation, I just don't give a damn. I really don't care for the guy and he is of no interest to me. I don't find him interesting and he can do whatever the hell he wants to his body, I don't care. If he gets sick or die from it, that's his problem. Sorry to sound cold, but I've heard enough of this bizarre situation enough as it is. It's called worrying about someone else or something more important.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Don't you think that's an ineffective way of taking in the news?
I don't particularlly care about the news for the most part. If it's something really important, I'll hear about it. And yet somehow even avoiding most news I still manage to hear about things like this train assault, the trans-gender middle school student who raped a female student in the bathroom, alex baldwin killing someone, etc etc. I hear plenty of news and if i need to i look into it more. Ineffective maybe, but since news isn't a primary concern of mine.....meh. You'll dm me if there is a meteor crashing into the planet right?

At least CNN don't always sound like smug jackasses that act better than everyone else
Yeah they fear monger instead. I don't think either Fox or CNN is very good. Though I personally favor FOX simply because they seem more honest about Biden coverage.

As for the whole Joe Rogan situation, I just don't give a damn.
i never intended you to care, I was just using it as an example of recent CNN drama.

If he gets sick or die from it, that's his problem.
I think you misunderstood the situation. Rogan got Covid and beat it back in three days. He listed a bunch of drugs that he took to help, Ibprophen, cough medicine, stuff you would expect. But he also took Ivermectin which CNN then latched onto because it can be used to deworm livestock. So they ran with this whole fucking story about Rogan is a conspiracy nutcase because he is telling his followers to take livestock drug for Covid and how dare he use his influence in that way.

Rogan then had the CNN doctor on his show and blasted him and CNN for outright fucking lying to people.
The doctor backs down on the podcast, but then they double down on the story when he goes back on CNN. Though they tweak the story a bit. Saying, "Yes Ivermectin can be used and is often used with people for various things. BUT people don't know that and they might get ahold of the livestock version of the drug because they don't know any better." Disregarding that CNN was the only people claiming that Rogan took horse dewormer. So they are slightly correcting the story, but refusing to admit any blatant blurring of the true.

I don't think any news network outright lies to people for the most part, but they both try to blur the line as much as possible to make their political side look the best.

Personally I hate the fact that news media is political at all. There should be no politics in news whatsoever. It should strictly be facts. THIS is what happened, HOW it happened PERIOD! No fucking skirting around trying to make shit look different from different angles. It's news, and people should just be told WTF is true without fluffy bullshit.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
never intended you to care, I was just using it as an example of recent CNN drama.
Yeah they fear monger instead. I don't think either Fox or CNN is very good. Though I personally favor FOX simply because they seem more honest about Biden coverage.
Fox News use more fear mongering than anybody cares to count. They definitely don't care. Especially compared to cnn. Sure they're more "truthful" (not really) about covering Biden, but they were pretty untruthful about covering Trump. Fox either lied, distorted facts, or try to make it look like he was doing everyone a favor and that anyone that says otherwise is ungrateful, a terrorist, or somebody that wants to destroy his credibility. If you believe everything they say, then you're part of the problem right there. You're more than happy to believe them over CNN, when Fox is so much worse. While it's true that news should be facts and only facts, a lot of people don't believe that or they just hear what they want to hear. You are doing this as well. Fox News I can't stand because they crossed more than enough moral boundaries I care to count. They don't care to count. They incite people to hurt and kill those that are different from them. Those that are not white, those that are of a different religion. Those that that are atheist. CNN for all their problems, have never once done any of that.

Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise.

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Personally I hate the fact that news media is political at all. There should be no politics in news whatsoever. It should strictly be facts. THIS is what happened, HOW it happened PERIOD! No fucking skirting around trying to make shit look different from different angles. It's news, and people should just be told WTF is true without fluffy bullshit.
I agree, except for the fact that news has literally never EVER worked that way. Never in the history of any country has news ever been entirely non-political or unbiased. As such, I don't think you can have a reasonable expectation that it ever could be, so at best all you can really do is find opposing viewpoints and the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Sure they're more "truthful" (not really) about covering Biden, but they were pretty untruthful about covering Trump
Of course that's why I hate them both, because it's not "news", it's politics and the very nature of that shit is to lie and make the other side look stupid. Nothing more.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I agree, except for the fact that news has literally never EVER worked that way. Never in the history of any country has news ever been entirely non-political or unbiased. As such, I don't think you can have a reasonable expectation that it ever could be, so at best all you can really do is find opposing viewpoints and the truth will be somewhere in the middle.
I think you do get more straightforward news from your local channels for the most part. Yes they make lean certain directions on some more national stories, but for the most part the leaning isn't too hard.

Local news tends to hype up dangers of things especially when there is no reason to add extra fear. For example during Police chases you'll hear them going, "So we are hearing that the suspect might be a serial killer and a super rapist. We've also gotten reports that the suspect might be wearing a purple tutu." And it's sometimes comical to watch them ask loaded questions to make things sound more scary.

Sometimes I'll watch old news coverage of Earthquakes and it's funny hearing the reporters interviewing the geologists and asking them loaded questions that make quakes sound worse than they are for literally no reason.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Of course that's why I hate them both, because it's not "news", it's politics and the very nature of that shit is to lie and make the other side look stupid. Nothing more.
Then stop talking as if Fox News is the ultimate "lesser evil". They do nothing, but make things worse for everyone, but themselves. Once again, I do'n't have that big of faith when it comes to CNN, but I'll take them any day over Fox. That is all.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
See, I'm the total opposite. In the words of Spider Jerusalem, "I want to see human beings talking about human life." I want journalists to give a shit. Impartiality is overrated and really only serves the status quo.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
See, I'm the total opposite. In the words of Spider Jerusalem, "I want to see human beings talking about human life." I want journalists to give a shit. Impartiality is overrated and really only serves the status quo.
That's fine in certain types of coverage. Humanitarian stories, coverage of disasters like floods and such.

But when it comes out to shit like a fucking Plague! I don't want empathy, I don't want your opinion, I just wanna know what the fuck is going on. You can do your opt ed's after the storm is over and we are looking back on events. But in the middle of it, I don't need to know why you think the plague is China's revenge upon the world for tariffs or whatever.

There is a difference to be drawn between journalism and sensationalism. And while both things do have there uses and there places, both should be separated enough that stupid people know the difference. Because ultimately that's the problem with reporting on a strong political side, the news stations will lie to build their narrative and stupid people will follow it. That's why there are anti vaxxers, and people who think drinking bleach cures cancer.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
That's fine in certain types of coverage. Humanitarian stories, coverage of disasters like floods and such.

But when it comes out to shit like a fucking Plague! I don't want empathy, I don't want your opinion, I just wanna know what the fuck is going on. You can do your opt ed's after the storm is over and we are looking back on events. But in the middle of it, I don't need to know why you think the plague is China's revenge upon the world for tariffs or whatever.

There is a difference to be drawn between journalism and sensationalism. And while both things do have there uses and there places, both should be separated enough that stupid people know the difference. Because ultimately that's the problem with reporting on a strong political side, the news stations will lie to build their narrative and stupid people will follow it. That's why there are anti vaxxers, and people who think drinking bleach cures cancer.

Objectivity and impartiality are kinda different too. You can be objective while being cognizant of your biases and upfront with them so people can include them in how they digest your content. The issue is a lot of news outlets refuse to acknowledge their pro corporate and pro establishment bias on a highly regular basis so that kinda harms their credibility. Like at least fox news is unabashedly a republican political actor but when other networks try to pretend they're just objective and truthtellers they somehow manage to come off as even more slimy than fox, which is a herculean task if there ever was one.

Reactions: Seanchaidh