Phoenix Wright, Nova Join Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Cast

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
I expect a Super Ultimate Mega Hyper Turbo edition with Mega Man, DareDevil, Venom, and Captain Commando in the future.

I'll pass until then.

band43seat

Mar 13, 2010
here is a question on my mind, where the fuck is megaman, he is capcom's poster boy, he is there cash cow, retro megaman games are still being made to this day. I like phoenix wright and all, but he isnt a physical fighter, just a verbal one. Just have one of his objections fly at deadpool, and deadpool will beat phoenix over the head with it

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
>.>

You know my feelings towards Crapcom, and how mentally incapable they are when handling a CERTAIN intellectual property; I will not wank over it, too tired, and lazy to care. I love the new characters but I will only buy the game used.

And if anyone here is too thickheaded to know what I'm talking about.... ITS MEGAMAN, DAMNIT!

*ahem* sorry, got a little fanboyish there, forgive me.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
megaman24681012 said:
>.>

You know my feelings towards Crapcom, and how mentally incapable they are when handling a CERTAIN intellectual property; I will not wank over it, too tired, and lazy to care. I love the new characters but I will only buy the game used.

And if anyone here is too thickheaded to know what I'm talking about.... ITS MEGAMAN, DAMNIT!

*ahem* sorry, got a little fanboyish there, forgive me.
Here i was thinking you were talking about Devil May Cry.

Still, i don't think anyone is going to OBJECT to pheonix Wrights appearance.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
Fine, people! you got Phoenix Wright now! can you PLEASE stop talking about him already!?
These UMVC3 trailers spend half the video reminding us all the characters they've mentioned before before mentioning two new ones. Kind of reminds me of that old song, can't remember the name.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
twm1709 said:
Fine, people! you got Phoenix Wright now! can you PLEASE stop talking about him already!?
These UMVC3 trailers spend half the video reminding us all the characters they've mentioned before before mentioning two new ones. Kind of reminds me of that old song, can't remember the name.
Well, there are actual official gameplay videos for both Wright and Nova, they just aren't included here. Each new challengers introduction trailer like this one has been accompanied by gameplay trailers in the past.. actually, if I recall correctly, these "waste time showing people already in the game then show 10 seconds of the new guys" trailers only started appearing with UMvC3.

I agree, though, that hopefully now we can move forward from all the "Phoenix Wright!!1!" screaming and return to our normally scheduled "But.. Mega Man!!1!" screaming.

MightyRabbit

Feb 16, 2011
Infernai said:
I am. He makes everything look ridiculous.

Instead of giving him some credible moves that could stand up to the Beserker Slash or the Devil Spinning Kick, they instead made it so being slapped by this guy suddenly makes everyone go flying. Instead of making him look good, it makes it look like everyone is humouring him.
That's kind of the point, he's a joke character included for 1) fan support and 2) he's got a unique moveset design that's fun as all hell. Besides, when Dr Doom is launching missiles as Dante with Chun Li popping up to do her thunder thighs thing, everything looks ridiculous. The good kind of ridiculous.

Also, I get the sense that Capcom are testing the waters with Phoenix, trying to gauge or drum up some interest in Ace Attorney for western audiences. The next two games in the series are currently Japan only, much to the very vocal dislike of some fans and he's got a movie in production. I think they're trying to see whether releasing Ace Attorney stuff to the West will be worth it.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
Awww man if only Daredevil was playable, then i could finally have my all-lawyer team.

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
Vigilantis said:
esperandote said:
I'll wait for Marvel VS Capcom 3 Ultimate 2
I'll wait for Marvel VS Capcom 3 Ultimate 2 : Super Funtime Edition. Those extra 3 characters and an actual story mode will be worth the 60$ price
CrimsonBlaze said:
You mean ULTIMATE Marvel VS Capcom 3 2: ARCADE EDITION: 3D: Featuring Frank West.
Trishbot said:
I expect a Super Ultimate Mega Hyper Turbo edition with Mega Man, DareDevil, Venom, and Captain Commando in the future.

I'll pass until then.
These jokes are still funny and you guys win points for originality, but Vigilantis, you lose them for not realizing that Capcom updates come at a reduced $40 price-tag.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
Instead of giving him some credible moves that could stand up to the Beserker Slash or the Devil Spinning Kick, they instead made it so being slapped by this guy suddenly makes everyone go flying. Instead of making him look good, it makes it look like everyone is humouring him.
In a court of law, nothing is stronger than evidence!

Citizen Snips

A Seldom Used Crab
May 13, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
Saw this earlier and my hype just went up again. Both characters look fun to play as and Wright's lvl 3 hyper looked hilarious. (Doom looked so silly)

Oh and fun little thing I noticed in the second picture. There is a poster in the background showing various MVC2 characters labeled as either "slain" or "apprehended" though Mega Man seems to have nothing. (Oh Capcom...)
It's actually a Homage of the cover of Uncanny X-men #141 with different characters from the games. In truth it should have been Wolverine, but it was neat for them to do Mega Man. I refuse to feel bad for knowing that.

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Who says U:MvC3 2:SFE wont be 60$ in price? Dont worry though, it will be DLC upgradeable and contains STORY MODE...thats why its worth 20$ more than the rest :p

Oh and if you have a time machine to prove me wrong, please take me back to the day I purchased MvC3 so I may prevent wasting my cash on this beta-esque game.