Phoenix Wright, Nova Join Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Cast

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Yeah, I don't know if I'm okay with Phoenix being in this game. One thing is to have Deadpool as a humorous character who can still kick your ass in seconds. I mean, he's meant to be a smart mouthed badass. The guy's comedy bits are just gravy. But Phoenix Wright? He's a lawyer! What moves could he possibly have? I've been wondering that for the longest time now.

Pointing a giant finger at someone and slapping them with a book (?) are not exactly amazing moves, and remember they're supposed to be great moves that will stack against some other well-known and powerful moves, like the super famous Shoryuken.

Yeah, I know MvC isn't exactly known for its realism and that pretty much most of the game is silly. But still, I feel like Phoenix doesn't fit there. At all. It's obvious he was added our of fandom. But what pisses me off the most is the fact that Capcom is hating on Mega Man. Come on, don't tell me Phoenix was requested more than the Blue Bomber.

And seriously, if I request Dr. Wily to be in the game, it doesn't mean he will be necessarily a good playable character. What the fans want and what the fans need/will like are two different things.

...Though Dr. Wily might make a good character.

Doctor Glocktor

Aug 1, 2009
Beautiful End said:
Yeah, I don't know if I'm okay with Phoenix being in this game. One thing is to have Deadpool as a humorous character who can still kick your ass in seconds. I mean, he's meant to be a smart mouthed badass. The guy's comedy bits are just gravy. But Phoenix Wright? He's a lawyer! What moves could he possibly have? I've been wondering that for the longest time now.

Pointing a giant finger at someone and slapping them with a book (?) are not exactly amazing moves, and remember they're supposed to be great moves that will stack against some other well-known and powerful moves, like the super famous Shoryuken.

Yeah, I know MvC isn't exactly known for its realism and that pretty much most of the game is silly. But still, I feel like Phoenix doesn't fit there. At all. It's obvious he was added our of fandom. But what pisses me off the most is the fact that Capcom is hating on Mega Man. Come on, don't tell me Phoenix was requested more than the Blue Bomber.

And seriously, if I request Dr. Wily to be in the game, it doesn't mean he will be necessarily a good playable character. What the fans want and what the fans need/will like are two different things.

...Though Dr. Wily might make a good character.
Do remember that this is a game that has Viewtiful Joe, a midget knight, M.O.D.O.K, and a fucking dog.

Wrights not out of place at all.