PilotWings, MGS, StarFox Headline 3DS Lineup

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Wow I'm going to be buying a handheld console for the first time since my gameboy colour.

So much awesome.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
That is a helluvah lot of games, though lack of release dates makes me wonder. These could just be games "in theory" or just starting to develop.

But I'm being a Skeptic Sally, I'm extremely cautious with the 3DS. I really want to know how it does 3D without glasses, I'm not exactly the most tech savvy guy, they all Nintendo has said is "It does 3D without glasses! 3D without glasses! 3D WITHOUT GLASSES!" and that really makes me doubt them.

Still that's a helluvah lot of games.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
i remember bomberman!
woohoo...oh wait, its not a new starfox. where did starfox go? their last game was command on the DS...oh well, lets see where this goes.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Looking to be a good platform for fans of RPGs as well as Nintendo fans.

The return of Bloodrayne jumps out at me. I thought that Bloodrayne 2 and Uwe Boll totally killed that franchise.

I sort of want Lovely Lisa 3D to be a game unofficially based on the Beatles song Lovely Rita but I expect that it isn't.

FireyFly

Mar 23, 2010
Jumplion said:
That is a helluvah lot of games, though lack of release dates makes me wonder. These could just be games "in theory" or just starting to develop.
The list is straight from Nintendo, though: http://guest:[email protected]/E32010/3DS/FACT_E3_UpcomingGames_3DS.pdf

Jumplion said:
But I'm being a Skeptic Sally, I'm extremely cautious with the 3DS. I really want to know how it does 3D without glasses, I'm not exactly the most tech savvy guy, they all Nintendo has said is "It does 3D without glasses! 3D without glasses! 3D WITHOUT GLASSES!" and that really makes me doubt them.
I don't know a whole lot about it, but apparently it uses this technique: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax_barrier
The idea seem to be to display one pixel for each eye, for every pixel (hence the 800x240, but 400x240 for each eye display). As I see it, the idea is that you let the eyes view the 3D scene from different "virtual cameras", separated a bit and viewing the same point. The "3D amount slider" would probably be the distance between these points (with no 3D being that the two cameras are at the same position).

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
FireyFly said:
Jumplion said:
The list is straight from Nintendo, though: http://guest:[email protected]/E32010/3DS/FACT_E3_UpcomingGames_3DS.pdf
Hmm, I suppose, but I'd still like release dates for both the system and games (that and a price point). I'm still a bit skeptical about it all. Something about this is just making me doubt the whole thing. It may very well be a huge revolution in gaming, but right now I just can't shake the feeling that something is off.

Jumplion said:
I don't know a whole lot about it, but apparently it uses this technique: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax_barrier
The idea seem to be to display one pixel for each eye, for every pixel (hence the 800x240, but 400x240 for each eye display). As I see it, the idea is that you let the eyes view the 3D scene from different "virtual cameras", separated a bit and viewing the same point. The "3D amount slider" would probably be the distance between these points (with no 3D being that the two cameras are at the same position).
Hmm, interesting. According to the Wiki article, though, a disadvantage about this type of 3D is that you have to be at a certain distance for the 3D to work effectively. So if you hold it too far or too close supposedly it won't work as well. We'll see how it works out I suppose.

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
if the unnamed Final fantasy game is a remake of VII i think the world would collapse from the Sheer amount of awesomeness

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
Am I the only one who sees the irony in having a paper Mario game in the new 3D technology.
nope, i thought that was kind of funny.

OT: OMGWTFBBQ levels of AWESOME!
i was pegged to get one anyway to add to my massive collection of ninty handhelds but this seems like it could be more than just a flash in the pan.

worst case scenario, turn the 3D off and its just like a DS.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Wow, just saw this list and I'm half tempted to get into the hand-held market! 3D plus some of the more awesome classics? Jeez, you know how to do things, don't you Nintendo!

I find it a bit strange that their hand-held is more hard-core than their console. I'd always felt it to be the other way around in the past...