Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Some new toys.

Just a conversion of the M14, nothing to note really.

Why? Because I could :p

A friend of mine is trying to start up his own RP game using, I think its GURPS, and wanted me to think of something you would do with several busted guns.

Its basically a AK-47 with a 5.56 calibur M16 barrel and M243 ammo bag. Its a good gun, but because of it being made from different, not so compatible guns, it wares down rather quickly and can jam and misfire.

Nothing special, just some custom coloring.

Crits are welcomed.

cuddlesRT75

Jun 18, 2010
So finally someone else posted! Starting to think people had finally gone off this forum!

Anyway heres a futuristic bullpup assault rifle, works along the principle of mass effect thermal clips etc.

Took me quite a while to do actually, lots of blending and the ammo counter was a nightmare!

Comments & crits etc blah blah blah

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
cuddlesRT75 said:
Well, the blending is making me feel inferior in every way, I love the ammo counter effects and I'm liking those new icons near the change lever (they look new...). The magazine looks awesome too, and I can definately see a slight colour theme going on atm (black and white).

On an unrelated note, will someone PLEASE crit one of my weapons, there have been 6 since the 18th and I actually can't remember the last time someone actually commented on one of my weapons...

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008

Chain fed grenade launcher. Couldn't resist! Toyed with adding a scope, but I didn't, in the end.

Bit of a mess, but I like it. Gave it an oversized grenade launcher, because grenade launchers are awesome.

Haven't been doing this for ages! Nice new updates.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
MrJKapowey said:
On an unrelated note, will someone PLEASE crit one of my weapons, there have been 6 since the 18th and I actually can't remember the last time someone actually commented on one of my weapons...

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/mp7ishsmg.jpg/]
Well, I thought of it first... :p

Anyways, It looks good. Cant say there is anything really off, so awesome.

[sub]sorry if its not exactly a very detailed crit of it.[/sub]

Changed it a bit after the Aug/M14 update.

coryf2209

Oct 23, 2010
XM32 Original Assualt Rifle Platform 5.56

XM32 Mod-DMR 7.62

XM32 Mod-SMG .45ACP

PLEEEEEEEEEASE GIVE CRITIQUE!! :(

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011

I couldn't think of a way to remove the little nub under the gun, so i guess it will have to be a bipod or sling attachment.
I realize the problems with the low sights and the xboxhueg stock, but whatever.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Vicarious Reality said:

I couldn't think of a way to remove the little nub under the gun, so i guess it will have to be a bipod or sling attachment.
I realize the problems with the low sights and the xboxhueg stock, but whatever.
Use Parts>Etc>Shapes>'Square'>Change colour - white.

Then cover up the nub.

I like the weapon, I can't see any huge problems with the stock, and the sights are at the same elevation as they would be normally on a Kalashnikov/variant. I like the way you've used the AUG upper reciever, it seems to fit quite well with the AK - something I'll bear in mind when I make future Bullpup AKs.

The only problems I can see are, the barrel is too long and unsupported. If you imagine that rifle IRL it'd probably be the height of a person, with over 1/3 of that height unsupported and with a width/depth of around 1/2 cm.

Other than that I can see the design has promise, just needs some polishing to improve it (If you still have the weapon).

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I rented Fallout New Vegas this week, and got a few ideas from them.

And something I thought of.

A unique aspect of this shotgun is that it ejects the shells from the bottom of the gun, through the loading port. This allows it to be used ambidextrously. It has normally a 6 shell capacity, and it is shown here with a attached shell rack.

These are the upgrades it has available to it. (from top to bottom, center is the base version)
1. Shotgun Reflex Sight: Special sight with a laser range finder. The SRS has a series of rings that, based on how far the target (what the range-finder is pointed at), which ring will be lit. The ring acts as a estimate as to how wide the spread will be (the larger the ring, the wider the spread, and vice versa).

2. Extended Barrel: Longer barrel, gives a slightly longer range, but it is more importantly needed for the next two upgrades.

3. Variable Choke: A special choke that can be adjusted. Can switch between standard choke (the normal spread of the shotgun) and a tightened choke, which gives you a much further range and tighter spread.

4. Extended Magazine: Expands the magazine from 6 shells to 9.

Crits are welcomed, and would be appreciated.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
WanderingFool said:
Darn, I was hoping for an All American emblem in PMG...

A unique aspect of this shotgun is that it ejects the shells from the bottom of the gun, through the loading port. This allows it to be used ambidextrously. It has normally a 6 shell capacity, and it is shown here with an attached shell rack.

These are the upgrades it has available to it. (from top to bottom, center is the base version)
1. Shotgun Reflex Sight: Special sight with a laser range finder. The SRS has a series of rings that, based on how far the target (what the range-finder is pointed at), which ring will be lit. The ring acts as a estimate as to how wide the spread will be (the larger the ring, the wider the spread, and vice versa).

2. Extended Barrel: Longer barrel, gives a slightly longer range, but it is more importantly needed for the next two upgrades.

3. Variable Choke: A special choke that can be adjusted. Can switch between standard choke (the normal spread of the shotgun) and a tightened choke, which gives you a much further range and tighter spread.

4. Extended Magazine: Expands the magazine from 6 shells to 9.
Well, it's impressive, it all fits together and manages to not look OTT. I like the shells rack on the side and the mods look pretty good, if simple.

OT: Mama-mia-it's-a-my-guns!

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/epdry.jpg/]
Yeah, this is now my dream SMG in BF3, so I had to make a crap version in PMG...

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/beltfedg36.jpg/]

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/bullpupsvd.jpg/]
Somehow, this was inspired by Viacrious Reality's weapon...

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/bullpupakmodern.jpg/]
This was done from the same basic template as the Bullpup SVD.

[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/bullpupakbeltfed.jpg/]
Again, done from the same template as the other two bullpups I'm uploading now.

All crits welcome!

Athol

Sep 15, 2010

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Athol said:
Love it, they manages to look natural whilst still being original and I like the use of the M200 bipod.

What's your DA account? I've got one (MrJKapowey [http://mrjkapowey.deviantart.com/]) which is pretty much all PMG atm.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
MrJKapowey said:
Athol said:
Love it, they manages to look natural whilst still being original and I like the use of the M200 bipod.

What's your DA account? I've got one (MrJKapowey [http://mrjkapowey.deviantart.com/]) which is pretty much all PMG atm.
Well thank you for your kind words.My account is AtholTheDestroyer [http://atholthedestroyer.deviantart.com/]

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Athol said:
I like your austere style, the grip angle on the revolver (though a bit too much in practise i would assume) the only blatantly WRONG thing on it would be what looks like an upside down barrel compensator.

I really like mud brown on guns and knives (got a scrapyard scrapper 5 with a nice coating like that)

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Vicarious Reality said:
I like your austere style, the grip angle on the revolver (though a bit too much in practise i would assume) the only blatantly WRONG thing on it would be what looks like an upside down barrel compensator.

I really like mud brown on guns and knives (got a scrapyard scrapper 5 with a nice coating like that)
The frame/grip of the revolver where presets & the grip I used, Ijust overlayed and edited to fit. The compensator IS the right way up, I think its for the Desert Eagle (but yes it is mostly form over function) :)

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
MrJKapowey said:
Vicarious Reality said:

Use Parts>Etc>Shapes>'Square'>Change colour - white.

Then cover up the nub.

I like the weapon, I can't see any huge problems with the stock, and the sights are at the same elevation as they would be normally on a Kalashnikov/variant. I like the way you've used the AUG upper reciever, it seems to fit quite well with the AK - something I'll bear in mind when I make future Bullpup AKs.

The only problems I can see are, the barrel is too long and unsupported. If you imagine that rifle IRL it'd probably be the height of a person, with over 1/3 of that height unsupported and with a width/depth of around 1/2 cm.

Other than that I can see the design has promise, just needs some polishing to improve it (If you still have the weapon).

Height of a person?
Maybe a pygmy, i would roughly guess the barrel on that would only be like 25-30 inches IRL, i didn't want to build it as a CQB rifle, more of a long distance plinker, i agree that the barrel should have more hand grip though
I still think the sights are too low in comparison to the stock
Also, let's pretend it has russian ak-style side mounted rail for other sight

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Athol said:
Vicarious Reality said:

The frame/grip of the revolver where presets & the grip I used, Ijust overlayed and edited to fit. The compensator IS the right way up, I think its for the Desert Eagle (but yes it is mostly form over function) :)
Whaaa? Do you know what a compensator does? It compensates for muzzle flip by diverting barrel gases upward through holes in the barrel top, thus reducing the force of the gun turning up when fired.
There is another trick you can do that is very similar, you can divert muzzle gases backward by using a muzzle brake, which most often is screwed onto the barrel and by sending gases backward by backwards angled holes which most often is on the sides, it reduces recoil by pulling the gun forward.