Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Smagmuck_ said:
My tranq gun!
What is the red thing? Does it hold the tranqs like a magazine? Your gun is wierd :/

scoobyduped said:
Modern M-16, nice. Need to pull the delta ring and handguard back a bit, though.

Getting in the mood for Treyarch's new CoD?

mcpop9

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2010
long range electro-magnetic shotgun
the spread shells can be programed how far away from the gun till' they separate (one battery charge = 24 shots

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
mcpop9 said:
long range electro-magnetic shotgun
the spread shells can be programed how far away from the gun till' they separate (one battery charge = 24 shots
Neat concept. How exactly does it load?

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
The_AC said:

Best 7.62x51 bullpup I could come up with. Had some fun making some other things, but they weren't very creative, lol.

(Iron sights are so if the holosite gets smashed, then you pull it off and can instantly start using iron sights.)
I like the wide design, and the dual sights thing is a good idea. I don't like the front of the gun, though, the handguard bit right before the barrel. Too wirey for the rest of the gun.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
A variant of the M4 designed for paratroopers, with leaf sight for firing on targets while dropping. Feel free to critique.

Comes in three stages:
Airborne stage - Leaf sight up to account for distance while in the air.

Landing stage - Regular iron sight up for a quick change to normal sights.

Ground stage - Iron sights down, holographic attached for greater accuracy and quicker aiming.

I could probably revise it later, I'm not sure the foregrip is right.

EDIT: And yesss, I know I've put an iron sight on a gas block with another iron sight built in. I might change that too.

ctrl-alt-postal

Nov 16, 2009
Godavari said:
I proudly present... the SHAVR!
Super-Heavy Anti-Vehicle Railgun. Give your enemy a VERY close shave with this heavy-duty monster. Includes two magazines- one for slugs, the other for charging the magnets. The system is calibrated so that one battery life = two magazines. While technically a coilgun, this weapon can still reach muzzle velocities of Mach 7. Speed is reduced as battery charge dips below half, letting the user make the choice between conserving power or battery cartridges. Also includes high-powered scope, bipod, and charge indicator.
Sorry, but railgun and coilgun are two different technologies. coilguns use coils to accelerate a projectile, whereas a railgun uses two parallel metal rods or walls on either side of the projectile to accelerate through conductance creating a magnetic field. In other words, a coilgun is short, a single coil and entirely magnetic and a railgun is long, electromagnetic. A coilgun projectile will be cold, a railgun projectile is usually plasma by tube exit.

Love the look of it though, very nice.

ctrl-alt-postal

Nov 16, 2009
So here's a coil and rail gun. Notice the common bits, blue capacitors at the top. This is where the energy is stored. In the coilgun, the capacitors create a magnetic field which pulls the projectile through. Note the coil with projectile in firing position.

In the railgun the capacitors charge one rail which completes the circuit by going through the projectile onto the other rail. The high current creates magnetic fields which geometrically oppose each other to propel the projectile.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
fromthemist said:
M14 EBR. Opinions?

Reference Pic
Very nice, it's a litle different from mine, both the remake and the ref. I kinda like yours better actually lol

sooperman said:
Smagmuck_ said:
My tranq gun!
What is the red thing? Does it hold the tranqs like a magazine? Your gun is wierd :/
I'm guessing here, but it looks like the Perfect Dark Tranq just a lil. So i think the red thing is a holding tank for the liquid, and you have to actually inject the fluid with a needle. very close range lol

And sorry guys I've been away so long, and will be yet :( My internets have been stolen for a while. Not sure when they will return.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
ctrl-alt-postal said:
So here's a coil and rail gun. Notice the common bits, blue capacitors at the top. This is where the energy is stored. In the coilgun, the capacitors create a magnetic field which pulls the projectile through. Note the coil with projectile in firing position.

In the railgun the capacitors charge one rail which completes the circuit by going through the projectile onto the other rail. The high current creates magnetic fields which geometrically oppose each other to propel the projectile.

A single-coiled coilgun, eh? That's weak IMO but it looks good.

Your railgun looks more like a coilgun, considering all the coils it has. I'm not a buff in either technology, so I wouldn't know, but railguns ought to look less like what coilguns should look like but don't end up looking like because they only get like one coil.

D:

LordMalachi said:
I'm guessing here, but it looks like the Perfect Dark Tranq just a lil. So i think the red thing is a holding tank for the liquid, and you have to actually inject the fluid with a needle. very close range lol

And sorry guys I've been away so long, and will be yet :( My internets have been stolen for a while. Not sure when they will return.
Just like, walk up to people and inject them with a syringe? Does the Perfect Dark tranq gun have a trigger?

Oh noes what happened to your internests?

ctrl-alt-postal

Nov 16, 2009
sooperman said:
snip

A single-coiled coilgun, eh? That's weak IMO but it looks good.
coilguns are quite inefficient. That's why they are not in common use. Compare petrol to electric cars, no?

You can put multiple stages in, but timing is critical and complex.

Your railgun looks more like a coilgun, considering all the coils it has. I'm not a buff in either technology, so I wouldn't know, but railguns ought to look less like what coilguns should look like but don't end up looking like because they only get like one coil.
They are not coils, just structure to keep the projectile straight, show operation and be aesthetically pleasing. The two metal bars above and below conduct through the projectile. A railgun will usually be totally encased, like this:

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:

Just like, walk up to people and inject them with a syringe? Does the Perfect Dark tranq gun have a trigger?

Oh noes what happened to your internests?
http://perfectdark.wikia.com/wiki/Tranquilizer <tranq

So I was a little wrong and a little right. The secondary fire is pointblank injection. And somehow the game has darts for this gun >.> but the little cylinder in the back pops out and is replaced when the ammo is out. So I have no clue how they theorize this gun lol. But yes it has a trigger.

And as for my internets. I moved back in with mom due to no job = no money = no home of my own :( and she wont let me use thier internets till I've found a job. And this backwater city is all dried up in that department >.<

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
So I was a little wrong and a little right. The secondary fire is pointblank injection. And somehow the game has darts for this gun >.> but the little cylinder in the back pops out and is replaced when the ammo is out. So I have no clue how they theorize this gun lol. But yes it has a trigger.

And as for my internets. I moved back in with mom due to no job = no money = no home of my own :( and she wont let me use thier internets till I've found a job. And this backwater city is all dried up in that department >.<
Isn't that a little complicated? I mean, why not just have a regular tranq? Like, a gun that has tranq rounds in it. >__>

So who's internet are you viewing this from?

ctrl-alt-postal said:
You can put multiple stages in, but timing is critical and complex.
Yeah, I suppose so. Railguns are stronger anyway, right?

ctrl-alt-postal said:
They are not coils, just structure to keep the projectile straight, show operation and be aesthetically pleasing. The two metal bars above and below conduct through the projectile.
You win this one, but your railgun is very misleading. Just so you know.

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
ctrl-alt-postal said:
Godavari said:
I proudly present... the SHAVR!
Super-Heavy Anti-Vehicle Railgun. Give your enemy a VERY close shave with this heavy-duty monster. Includes two magazines- one for slugs, the other for charging the magnets. The system is calibrated so that one battery life = two magazines. While technically a coilgun, this weapon can still reach muzzle velocities of Mach 7. Speed is reduced as battery charge dips below half, letting the user make the choice between conserving power or battery cartridges. Also includes high-powered scope, bipod, and charge indicator.
Sorry, but railgun and coilgun are two different technologies. coilguns use coils to accelerate a projectile, whereas a railgun uses two parallel metal rods or walls on either side of the projectile to accelerate through conductance creating a magnetic field. In other words, a coilgun is short, a single coil and entirely magnetic and a railgun is long, electromagnetic. A coilgun projectile will be cold, a railgun projectile is usually plasma by tube exit.

Love the look of it though, very nice.
Can't coilguns have more than one coil?

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:

Isn't that a little complicated? I mean, why not just have a regular tranq? Like, a gun that has tranq rounds in it. >__>

So who's internet are you viewing this from?
Ma's. I'm lookin for jobs online, so I sneak to some of my sites when shes gone >.> I just hope she doesnt notice.

And yeah, it is rather complicated once you try and understand it lol. Guess thats vid games for ya

EDIT:
I'm callin out to anyone interested in a non PMG discussion about my earlier idea of steampunk guns! Due to my recent lack of internets, Ive been forced to make my guns by hand again :( oh well. But it also means I can focus on the inner workings. This means very technical things. Don't view the following unless you are interested. If you are, feel free to PM so we don't take up any more space on the PMG thread ^^ If it really takes off somehow, maybe Ill start my first thread for it lol.

-Starts out as a double action revolver. with a belt loop! 10 or 24 round capacity. Very heavy. But its a prototype designed by some wierdo from germany :p
-Moves on to a select fire auto/semi version. The cycling mechanism changes to a flap that moves back and forth, bending down so it will pass under freely to return to its start. The selector switch is not shown.
-This is the cycling mech.
-Current work. compilation of several guns. You can see a revolver, luger, AK, mauser broomhandle, and the chain feed from the other gun. only it feeds at the top not the middle. This is a much more possible, though still unwieldly gun since the firing bits are more copied than invented >.>

All this will eventually become rifle sized, so its bulkyness will be less a problem.
Thoughts to PM?

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
NimbleJack3 said:
Some nostalgia: a sniper rifle with some bits I finally figured out how to use.

That looks space-marine-y to me. Awesome. Cool to see people still using the old version, too.