Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
Rather shitty sniper rifle with an electronic scope.

Another sniper rifle, this time a custom bullpup with a red dot in front of the scope.

A vaguely generic M16 with bayonet and other changes.

A H&K 417 sniper variant with another red dot/scope.

M16 with underbarrel shotgun attachment. Also comes in stand-alone.

Futuristic SMG

Feedback is welcome.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Hai guys I'm back!

The Imperial Revolving Autocannon as shown for the Imperial 9th Artillery Honor Division. They are the single highest ranking division out of an artillery units.

Shown is the Towed model, with no wooden parts. That fact alone proves the 9th Division's skill as an all metal weapon platform is only rewarded to a crew that has gone 7 engagements without a loss of crew, or damage to the platform itself. The entire 9th Division boasts these machines. Serving as living medals for their deeds.

During the World Steam War of 1838 The Prussian Empire set plans into motion to out do the British Trench Guns. These plans became the Revolving Autocannon, firing much larger shells than the older British guns. However, due to a lack of resources the Prussian Military had to cut corners where ever possible, and that meant making every possible piece of every gun out of wood. The guns ran hotter since most of their housing was wood, but they were cheaper to build.

Massive 35mm and 40mm versions of this design are also on the drawing board for base defense. These versions are to be steam driven so as to avert any problems with a failed round. Also, it will allow firing speed to be easily regulated. They will not be man portable in any way however. They require large engines and thus are for building and steamship mounting only.

Bullet Scale: .45ACP/5.56mm NATO/7.62mm OR/.50BMG/20mm (apx)

Name: Imperial Revolving Autocannon
Catagory: Revolver Autocannon
Caliber: 20mm Shell
Action: Fully Automatic (5 round bursts are reccomended)
Operation: Gas Piston
Cooling: Liquid Jacket-Water
Magazine Capacity: 50 (Shown) 100 (Double wide mag not shown)
Crew Size: 3 (Optimal) 2 (Minimum Portable) 1 (If stationary)

I think it'll need hydrolic stabilizers because of the weight of the cooling jacket. And a quad-pod might be a good idea for recoil. Also, the trigger is the mag release. The actual trigger is a double button setup, one button per hand grip. The tan cloth on the cooling jacket is actually a leather cover so that the crew can handle touching the super hot cooling jacket in order to replace it. It has seen some wear and tear in the field. The first brass bump on the top is the charging handle, offset slightly to the left side. The second is the targeting sight. The third is the coolent access. The coolent access is frequently used as a front sight, although that is not its purpose.

The Smithana Arms Sporting Rifle Gladiator shown here in 7.62mm is a single shot break open rifle. However, it's simplicity allows it to change barrels in under 2 mins, allowing the user to fire almost any existing rifle round, including muzzle loaded black powder! (This will be my next version)

For the moment I'm using the Draggy stock just because it's late and I don't feel like making a new one, I just did that with the handguard

That's what I've been up to :) The SpR also has a muzzle load version that I've done so far, but I've been busy remodeling the house too.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
LordMalachi said:
Hai guys I'm back!

The Imperial Revolving Autocannon as shown for the Imperial 9th Artillery Honor Division. They are the single highest ranking division out of an artillery units.

Shown is the Towed model, with no wooden parts. That fact alone proves the 9th Division's skill as an all metal weapon platform is only rewarded to a crew that has gone 7 engagements without a loss of crew, or damage to the platform itself. The entire 9th Division boasts these machines. Serving as living medals for their deeds.

During the World Steam War of 1838 The Prussian Empire set plans into motion to out do the British Trench Guns. These plans became the Revolving Autocannon, firing much larger shells than the older British guns. However, due to a lack of resources the Prussian Military had to cut corners where ever possible, and that meant making every possible piece of every gun out of wood. The guns ran hotter since most of their housing was wood, but they were cheaper to build.

Massive 35mm and 40mm versions of this design are also on the drawing board for base defense. These versions are to be steam driven so as to avert any problems with a failed round. Also, it will allow firing speed to be easily regulated. They will not be man portable in any way however. They require large engines and thus are for building and steamship mounting only.

I think it'll need hydrolic stabilizers because of the weight of the cooling jacket. And a quad-pod might be a good idea for recoil. Also, the trigger is the mag release. The actual trigger is a double button setup, one button per hand grip. The tan cloth on the cooling jacket is actually a leather cover so that the crew can handle touching the super hot cooling jacket in order to replace it. It has seen some wear and tear in the field. The first brass bump on the top is the charging handle, offset slightly to the left side. The second is the targeting sight. The third is the coolent access. The coolent access is frequently used as a front sight, although that is not its purpose.

The Smithana Arms Sporting Rifle Gladiator shown here in 7.62mm is a single shot break open rifle. However, it's simplicity allows it to change barrels in under 2 mins, allowing the user to fire almost any existing rifle round, including muzzle loaded black powder! (This will be my next version)

For the moment I'm using the Draggy stock just because it's late and I don't feel like making a new one, I just did that with the handguard

That's what I've been up to :) The SpR also has a muzzle load version that I've done so far, but I've been busy remodeling the house too.
Wow man, really good stuff. I love the specs and backstory, and the break open rifle looks great.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
NimbleJack3 said:
LordMalachi said:
Hai guys I'm back!

Wow man, really good stuff. I love the specs and backstory, and the break open rifle looks great.
Hehe thanks :) After the Harbinger Rifle I've been doing everything by starting at the internals. Makes everything much more detailed

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
LordMalachi said:
NimbleJack3 said:
LordMalachi said:
Hai guys I'm back!

Hehe thanks :) After the Harbinger Rifle I've been doing everything by starting at the internals. Makes everything much more detailed
Internals first, huh? Perhaps you could post a link to the export code so we can see it.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
ctrl-alt-postal said:
A goa'uld inspired staff weapon

That's pretty awesome, nice job it and always glad to see another Stargate SG-1 fan here on the Escapist! :D

What did you use parts wise to make it though?

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
Here's the code for the Honor Division. Just play with the colors if you wanted some wood on it lol.
http://pastie.org/893493
If I forgot to mention it earler though My Freind Skamp made the carraige and I just tweaked it a lil to fit the steampunkness

NimbleJack3 said:
LordMalachi said:
NimbleJack3 said:
LordMalachi said:
Hai guys I'm back!

Internals first, huh? Perhaps you could post a link to the export code so we can see it.
Harbinger Rifle :)
http://pastie.org/893499

Alright. It's finally done *dies* This was 6+ hours of work right here lol.
Seen in:
Ready
Firing
Ready (Internal)
Firing (Internal)

Caliber: .30-06
Action: Semi-Automatic
Operation: Direct Impingment/Recoil (This means the gasblock/tube shown is ONLY the charging handle mechanics and does not function as a gasblock/tube)
Classification: Anti-Personel Sniper Rifle

Based on the aging and problematic "Twitter" Rifle, the new Harbinger line will have the same purpose and will complete it much better. The rifle shown here is in its "Standalone" form so there are no current attachments. It was felt that a satisfactory sniping platform be perfected /before/ designing the attachments for it.
It is currently being tested by genaric sniping teams throughout several armies.

The Ejection Port should have an internal cover that slides forward in time with the bolt sliding backward. But I didn't show it so you could see things better

I'd love thoughts and opinions, even just "Wow". Anything at all. I feel this is my best work to this day. Although I don't know what those black dots on the last pic are lol You can ignore those and I'll edit them out tommorow or soon at least.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
words and guns and stuff
Damn, Malachi, you've been busy, huh? Love the SA steampunk weapons, that is some crazy detail you have going on.

Anyway here is my newest piece of work. The hypothesis is that instead of having an under-mounted shotgun OR a grenade launcher, you can have both in one device.

On the underside of the launcher is a slate that slides using the handle pictured. On the left is shown the launcher with the slate pushed forward, allowing a magazine to be inserted into the launcher making a snug fit. On the right the launcher is shown closed, allowing 40mm grenades to be loaded. In the middle is a front view of the launcher not drawn to scale.

Mechanical criticism is welcomed, and I want to know if you think it would work.

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:
words and guns and stuff
Damn, Malachi, you've been busy, huh? Love the SA steampunk weapons, that is some crazy detail you have going on.

Anyway here is my newest piece of work. The hypothesis is that instead of having an under-mounted shotgun OR a grenade launcher, you can have both in one device.

On the underside of the launcher is a slate that slides using the handle pictured. On the left is shown the launcher with the slate pushed forward, allowing a magazine to be inserted into the launcher making a snug fit. On the right the launcher is shown closed, allowing 40mm grenades to be loaded. In the middle is a front view of the launcher not drawn to scale.

Mechanical criticism is welcomed, and I want to know if you think it would work.
Lol well thank you :)
And from what you've shown I think it would work, but you'd have a hell of a time sealing that "slate" so the pressure isn't released through it when you fire the grenade. And I'm not sure how you'd get the shot shell to fit in the hole as a grenade >.> You might need an insert to keep in the barrel to hold the shells. I'm not sure if I explained that well...

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
LordMalachi said:
You might need an insert to keep in the barrel to hold the shells. I'm not sure if I explained that well...
I think I know what you are talking about. If we are thinking of the same thing; oh bugger you're right. I have a fix for that, but I will have to rebuild it so that will wait until I have time. :/

LordMalachi

Jan 2, 2010
sooperman said:
LordMalachi said:
You might need an insert to keep in the barrel to hold the shells. I'm not sure if I explained that well...
I think I know what you are talking about. If we are thinking of the same thing; oh bugger you're right. I have a fix for that, but I will have to rebuild it so that will wait until I have time. :/
Alrighty. :) I'll wait then

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
EDIT

Well, since nobody seems to have taken an interest, I asked one of my weapon-savvy friends and he said the bottom-feeding horizontal mag was a no-go. So, it's out with the old and in with the new. This sniper feeds from a horizontal mag on the top. As in the old version, the F2000 scope cover acts to lock the magazine in place, and slides foreward when changing mags. The scope is set on a pivoting mount, so it can be moved out of the way when reloading. Thoughts? I'm looking for functional critiques.

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
desternu said:

tell me what ya think
Aesthetically, it looks robust and pretty interesting. There are a few issues with blending (such as where the reciever meets the stock), but I'll let them slide since you're new. :)

Functionally, I take issue with two things: one, the magazine doesn't go where it's supposed to. Not only is it shaped wrong, (what I'm assuming is) the gas tube gets in the way. Second, you put a bolt handle where there's really no need or possible use for one.

With a few improvements, it'll look pretty damn awesome.

desternu

Mar 31, 2010
ty.. ye when i posted it i noticed gas tube.. and the bolt handle is there as a de-jam.. of some kind if a bullet gets stuck..

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
desternu said:
ty.. ye when i posted it i noticed gas tube.. and the bolt handle is there as a de-jam.. of some kind if a bullet gets stuck..
It's a good first post. Also, try putting your images in spoiler tags, so people with slow internet connections can view them one at a time. The first post of this thread tells you how to do it.

Oh, and Welcome To The Escapist.

desternu

Mar 31, 2010
thank you.. this forum is amazing :D

got some new weapons:

some kind of pistol

a high caliber submachinegun

and one of my first projects.. a bullpul

hope you like it

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
desternu said:
thank you.. this forum is amazing :D

got some new weapons:

some kind of pistol

a high caliber submachinegun

and one of my first projects.. a bullpul

hope you like it
Hey man, really good stuff. The pistol looks very space-mariney, and the SMG looks like the Bushmaster Carbon-15[footnote]
[/footnote]. Using the H&K gas bock as a handguard works well. Note that the technical definition of a sub-machine gun is that it uses pistol calibers, so look for the .40 rounds if you want high-caliber. You're using rifle rounds in yours.
I like your 'gun evolution' thing too. The black tape on guns 2-5 looks really awesome, too.

desternu

Mar 31, 2010
woah... didnt know something like that already existed.. but now when i look at it i see that i almost copied ir :D