Pimp My Gun: Show your Creations [Image Posting tips in the First post]

GrantM

Dec 5, 2010
Here are some guns that I made a while ago, but recently made camos for on Photoshop.

Crits and opinions welcomed. Thanks!

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
This was just a little test I whipped up.

I got the idea after watching a sigment of GTTV [http://www.gametrailers.com/video/mission-1-combat-facts/710237], where they talked about the amount of realism that is actually in FPS games. Near the end of the linked video, they show the hybrid sight. This is basically a ACOG scope with a Red-dot attached to it.

Let me know what you think.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
WanderingFool said:
This was just a little test I whipped up.

I got the idea after watching a sigment of GTTV [http://www.gametrailers.com/video/mission-1-combat-facts/710237], where they talked about the amount of realism that is actually in FPS games. Near the end of the linked video, they show the hybrid sight. This is basically a ACOG scope with a Red-dot attached to it.

Let me know what you think.
I like it. I'm not sure if it's just angle though, it looks like the bottom half of the top sight might be a bit obstructed. Still looks pretty interesting.

TheRightToArmBears said:

I must have made these two sometime last year I think, I vaguely remember making them. Aesthetic crits?
They look cool, but I'm not really sure what they're supposed to be. Possibly a shotgun of sorts? I really like the aesthetics though.

GrantM said:
Here are some guns that I made a while ago, but recently made camos for on Photoshop.

Crits and opinions welcomed. Thanks!
Nice camos! The last and first ones are my favorites.And if someone hasn't already told you, welcome to the Escapist, and stay out of the basement. It's where Slender Man and the souls of the banned live. Or maybe it's the souls of the band. Either way, stay out. :p

GrantM

Dec 5, 2010
Sn1P3r M98 said:
Nice camos! The last and first ones are my favorites.And if someone hasn't already told you, welcome to the Escapist, and stay out of the basement. It's where Slender Man and the souls of the banned live. Or maybe it's the souls of the band. Either way, stay out. :p
Thanks! I saw a lot of Slender Man recently, in Marble Hornets.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
GrantM said:
Sn1P3r M98 said:
Here, you might like this. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.211546]

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Massive dump inbound. I haven't posted in a while since I deleted all of my images from Photobucket. I just re uploaded my favorites and all the new ones I've made.

You were warned

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Sn1P3r M98 said:
GrantM said:
Sn1P3r M98 said:
Here, you might like this. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.211546]
Well I did not like that at all. And yet it was fascinating. Huh.
the monopoly guy said:
They're all pretty good, bravo. Some of your designs are pretty jive, too, like the big green bullpup rifle. Lovin' it.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Some more weapons, some new, some old but I can't remember if I've posted them or not.

[http://img600.imageshack.us/i/l98a2modifications.jpg/]

[http://img404.imageshack.us/i/l86lsw.jpg/]

[http://img204.imageshack.us/i/futuristicrifle.jpg/]

[http://img40.imageshack.us/i/gaussriflet.jpg/]

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Here is another shotgun I whipped up.

I named it after the shotgun from Brink, which does have a similar magazine system. It is a pump action shotgun, the pumping machinism works differently from normal pump-action systems; when the gun is pumped, the pumping action works a screw based machinism that spins the magazine, as well as re-cocks the firing machinism. The magazine slides into the bottom of the gun, and connects the pumping machinism with the firing machinism.

The magazine itself is exactly like a revolver cylinder, and is made of a high-grade durable plastic to reduce weight and also can holds six shells. This particular model has a quick replace feature, but a another variation has a unremovable cylinder, and can be reloaded in a similar manner to fixed cylinder revolvers. the speed of reloading said model was much slower and tedious, so the quick replace feature was designed in.

It has a pair of sights on the barrel, with a RIS set behind.

Its last interesting feature is the pumping handle, shich is adjustable, allowing for the handle to be moved for maximum comfort and efficiency.

Honestly, I think I would say this is one of my best works... Im quite happy with it.

Also, Crits are welcomed.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
WanderingFool said:

I named it after the shotgun from Brink, which does have a similar magazine system. It is a pump action shotgun, the pumping machinism works differently from normal pump-action systems; when the gun is pumped, the pumping action works a screw based machinism that spins the magazine, as well as re-cocks the firing machinism. The magazine slides into the bottom of the gun, and connects the pumping machinism with the firing machinism.

The magazine itself is exactly like a revolver cylinder, and is made of a high-grade durable plastic to reduce weight and also can holds six shells. This particular model has a quick replace feature, but a another variation has a unremovable cylinder, and can be reloaded in a similar manner to fixed cylinder revolvers. the speed of reloading said model was much slower and tedious, so the quick replace feature was designed in.

Its last interesting feature is the pumping handle, shich is adjustable, allowing for the handle to be moved for maximum comfort and efficiency.

Honestly, I think I would say this is one of my best works... Im quite happy with it.

That's really awesome - I love the idea of a shotgun with a cylinder/magazine hybrid system. The adjustable pump is a great idea, and the little notches on the underside of the heat-guard really sell it. The sights on the top are also perfectly placed, giving long-eye relief and good-looking spacing for the RIS (though I'm not sure whether long-eye relief is appropriate for shotguns). Another good point is that the grip and stock are compatible with M16-family attachments, meaning that it can look quite different with only a few changed parts.
A brilliant design, and one that I enjoy just looking at. Do you still have the XML for it?

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
NimbleJack3 said:
WanderingFool said:

That's really awesome - I love the idea of a shotgun with a cylinder/magazine hybrid system. The adjustable pump is a great idea, and the little notches on the underside of the heat-guard really sell it. The sights on the top are also perfectly placed, giving long-eye relief and good-looking spacing for the RIS (though I'm not sure whether long-eye relief is appropriate for shotguns). Another good point is that the grip and stock are compatible with M16-family attachments, meaning that it can look quite different with only a few changed parts.
A brilliant design, and one that I enjoy just looking at. Do you still have the XML for it?
XML? Thats the export code, right? If it is, than yes. oh, and thank you.

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
WanderingFool said:
NimbleJack3 said:
WanderingFool said:

XML? Thats the export code, right? If it is, than yes. oh, and thank you.
That it is. Could I get it from you? I'd love to have a play around with your shotgun.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
WanderingFool said:
Do you think that the quick-change design would work on a revolver? I've been meaning to sketch one up, but the parts don't exist... I figure that the cylinder would just drop out of the bottom, but the shape that allows for that disappear in the 1850s. :/

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
sooperman said:
WanderingFool said:
Do you think that the quick-change design would work on a revolver? I've been meaning to sketch one up, but the parts don't exist... I figure that the cylinder would just drop out of the bottom, but the shape that allows for that disappear in the 1850s. :/
I think pushing a cylinder in place from below without the structure you get on a rifle would be pretty hard. In any case, here's my version of WanderingFool's epic shotgun, with a standard pose and an awesome tilty action-pose. Which actually makes it look better, for some reason.

Note that the second image is a high-resolution one, by way of taking a snapshot at 200% size, and may be slow to load. No, it's not. Stupid me. I've gone and thrown away the original, slightly crappy first version that had the high resolution.

The high-res original.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
NimbleJack3 said:
sooperman said:
WanderingFool said:
I think pushing a cylinder in place from below without the structure you get on a rifle would be pretty hard.
I suppose the attachment would be awkward. If I could rig up a pin that catches the cylinder, it might stick the way I want it to but still drop out like a semi-auto. Hmm. I guess there's a reason I've never seen one before. :(

Nice shotgun, by the way. The little details really do make a difference.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
NimbleJack3 said:
Note that the second image is a high-resolution one, by way of taking a snapshot at 200% size, and may be slow to load. No, it's not. Stupid me. I've gone and thrown away the original, slightly crappy first version that had the high resolution.

The high-res original.
I like the dual sights. I dident realize that the Acog mount you are using actually allowed it to swing infront of and out of place. Goona remember that for my next hybrid sight weapon.

sooperman said:
NimbleJack3 said:
sooperman said:
WanderingFool said:
I think pushing a cylinder in place from below without the structure you get on a rifle would be pretty hard.
I suppose the attachment would be awkward. If I could rig up a pin that catches the cylinder, it might stick the way I want it to but still drop out like a semi-auto. Hmm. I guess there's a reason I've never seen one before. :(

Nice shotgun, by the way. The little details really do make a difference.
i think sturdier (yet probably not as simple) idea is to make the revelover a top-break, like this:

Than the cylinder could be removed and replaced easier and also make the gun for sturdy. I originally was going for the repeating shotgun design from borderlands, but I couldnt get the part to work for me.

sooperman

Feb 11, 2009
WanderingFool said:
i think sturdier (yet probably not as simple) idea is to make the revelover a top-break.
Then the cylinder could be removed and replaced easier and also make the gun for sturdy. I originally was going for the repeating shotgun design from borderlands, but I couldnt get the part to work for me.
Bah. That looks like the most practical method, but not the one I wanted. Oh well. I'll run with it.

Yeah, the repeating shotguns look complicated. Even the basic ones have a ton of little parts. This chart could help if you want to break it down:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Gun_Component_Charts

Make each piece, then put it all together.