Pimp My PS3 Slim

Hitman 43

Jun 6, 2009
OK, why on Earth would you spend $150 on making your PS3 Slim look a bit better? Do you honestly spend half the time looking at the thing every time you're playing a game? It's the game which is important here. Alright, if you want to show it off to your friends, fine, that's your decision. For me, it's just a waste of money. It's about the game, not how the console looks.

IdealistCommi said:
For $150 I'd rather get some new games. I don't even look at my PS3 when I don't need to.
Exactly.

scotth266 said:
Sorry, but no. The problem isn't with the color of it, but the material. It looks like plastic.

It is nothing compared to the badass metallic chrome surface of the ordinary PS3s.
Also a good point.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
coxafloppin said:
A deep purple one would be awesome.

But not worth the money when the black actually looks great

PS3 is definatly the prettiest console of this generation.
If you like a car door.

Serious_Stalin

Aug 11, 2008
"News!" http://www.yorkblog.com/onlyyork/mcdonalds.jpg

It's cheaper just to buy coloured sleeves for your PS3.

FireFly90

Sep 14, 2008
Looks nice, but way too expensive. If i bought a ps3 slim the only bit i'd want coloured is a metallic red logo and the rest just plain black, but for that i'd only pay a max of £30 ($50).

Edit: mind you i did spend £50 on stickers for my PS3 which i bought from the US which probably proves how much of a sucker i am for this kinda thing

Edit2: still at least i can still peel them off when i get bored of it.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Not worth it really, but the level of customisation was pretty damn cool. I'd do it if I had the money though

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
People have spent a hellof a lot more on pimpin' image before
and will continue to
But seriously
$150...thats a little steep

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Hum. So instead of having the all mighty black, I can have one that looks like a tropical fruit?
Eeeh, no. Never touch on a team that is winning.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
I don't have a slim, I have the huge black monalith that is the original. And even if I did have a Slim, I prefer the black, especially since they don't offer any awesome, shiney designs. Plus the thing costs 50% of what I would paid for a Slim

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Niiiice. I think that's a bit too steep though, and I prefer the glossy black. Hell I even put my Wii in glossy black, if I were going to get a console in another colour it would probably be a 360 if I had one. I do hate the way the black slim looks though, I really do.
Kollega said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Nothing looks good in orange.
Oh really? Bulldozers. Excavators. Cranes. Gordon Freeman's suit. The city of Mirror's Edge. Forests in autumn. Must i go on?

On topic,it's too pricey,but idea is good.
The city of Mirror's Edge? Did I miss most of that game? I do remember orange parts though, no doubt.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Pimp my PS3 Slim
You know I made this image as a joke a while back.

I didn't think It'd actually become relevant in some backwards way.

coxafloppin said:
A deep purple one would be awesome.
For the amount of money they're charging they should have it play the opening riff to "smoke on the water" when you power it up.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
Kollega said:
Oh really? Bulldozers. Excavators. Cranes. Gordon Freeman's suit. The city of Mirror's Edge. Forests in autumn. Must i go on?

On topic,it's too pricey,but idea is good.
The city of Mirror's Edge? Did I miss most of that game? I do remember orange parts though, no doubt.
I dunno. Orange seemed abundant - not a main color per se,but it was evenly spread out through most of the levels. Chapters 4 and 6,for example.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
$150? Just to change the color of your PS3? That's a little much, don't you think? Not that it matters all that much to me, seeing as I don't have a PS3.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Meh, I don't think I'd shell out extra dough for one. Although dust does show more on my black one.. =/
(My house is dusty =P)

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I'd actually do this if I had the money to spare. But then I'm all about aesthetics and whatnot.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
meh, I don't think I'd want to go a whole two weeks without my PS3 for some minor aesthetic adjustment. Maybe if I were in the town/city where they do it.
Not to mention it's still functional as is.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
The_Oracle said:
$150? Just to change the color of your PS3? That's a little much, don't you think? Not that it matters all that much to me, seeing as I don't have a PS3.
They also offer the service for the 360, as well as the Wii, PS3 fat and a few others.

150$ does seem a bit steep, but if your PS3 breaks out of warranty, Sony will charge about the same amount to refurbish it.

It could work out better getting your broken PS3 pimped and refurbished, rather than just refurbished, since you also get a comparable warranty after the service from Colorware.

That's the impression I got from glancing at the site, I may be wrong, but since it's the weekend and the sun is shining, I don't really fancy looking at and comparing various warranties for products I don't own and services I can't use.