Pimp My PS3 Slim

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Jamash said:
The_Oracle said:
$150? Just to change the color of your PS3? That's a little much, don't you think? Not that it matters all that much to me, seeing as I don't have a PS3.
They also offer the service for the 360, as well as the Wii, PS3 fat and a few others.

150$ does seem a bit steep, but if your PS3 breaks out of warranty, Sony will charge about the same amount to refurbish it.

It could work out better getting your broken PS3 pimped and refurbished, rather than just refurbished, since you also get a comparable warranty after the service from Colorware.

That's the impression I got from glancing at the site, I may be wrong, but since it's the weekend and the sun is shining, I don't really fancy looking at and comparing various warranties for products I don't own and services I can't use.
Honestly, I'd rather spend the $150 getting a used PS3. The color of my gaming system(s) doesn't matter to me so long as they work perfectly. ^_^

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
Feh. I'll pay the guy who does custom paint jobs at the local car dealership $20 to do my PS3.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
I don't know why people are judging it on it's looks. Are they that shallow? Yeesh.

But I guess I'll take a Ps3 slim with some spinning rims if you have that in stock.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Thats pretty cool I guess. I'd rather spend the $150 on something else though. Like games.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
That white one looks pretty badass. Reminds me of the Houston Rockets. If it wasn't so ridiculously priced, Id get it.

EDIT: Wait, is this just for the slim? If then, nevermind

infinisynth

The man
Jul 31, 2009
They look cool but $150.00 to change the color of a $300.00 game console? I'm sure they will sell millions of these to kids with nothing better to blow their money on.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
They may offer it on the 360, but who would pay that for a 360? It just means you've voided the warranty when it decides to red ring. Actually thinking about it you can save that $150 then all you'll need is $50 and you can replace it when it red rings even if it's out of warranty.

Before you complain I own a 360 and nothing else.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
But does it spin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZFyvMD6QC0[/youtube]

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
It would be cooler if they could put some custom picture or texture on it.

Still to damned expensive though.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Well, can't they make it so that they remove the Matte Finish on the console. I swear having that finish on it makes it feel like I'm going to drop the fucking thing. At least with the "Fingerprint Magnet" finish on the old PS3 it felt like it you owned an expensive car!

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Can I have them repaint it like the PS3 fat? Because that "piano black" finish is way cooler.
Also, paint two more USB ports, please :p

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
to be honest is it really worth it? no. does anyone care particularly that the PS3 is black? no.
Could you be very difficult and call that company racist for calling black games consoles generic? yes, and i plan to.

sallene

Dec 11, 2008
Unless changing the color makes the PS3 slim stop being freeze happy with my games I dont see spending that amount of money on it.

HydroJohn

Sep 13, 2009
Why would anyone want to do this to there PS3 Slim Console [http://www.ps3slimconsole.net/]? I personally love my Black PS3 Slim!

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
Although this is cool if you've got money to burn I'd just do it myself if I wanted colored. Hey mine is long past warranty so probably not.
Edit: I think they could better then just solid colors for that amount. Why not have cust designs or if nothing else things like a flame job or a candy canycane type pattern.