Piracy Steals 95% of Microsoft's Revenue in China

TheIronDuke

Nov 19, 2009
Ahhh, so this article/thread is why I can't access the escapist these past few days. The article doesn't look all that bad. I've read worse from regular internet use. It's too slow using this proxy to read all 6 pages, are you guys really beating on China in the forums or something? The whole site is harmonised.

More harmony please guys! I want the site back!

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
TheIronDuke said:
Ahhh, so this article/thread is why I can't access the escapist these past few days. The article doesn't look all that bad. I've read worse from regular internet use. It's too slow using this proxy to read all 6 pages, are you guys really beating on China in the forums or something? The whole site is harmonised.

More harmony please guys! I want the site back!
China doesn't deserve this site.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
redmarine said:
As if most people in the world have the cash to buy their software in the first place.

I believe that if people were forced to buy the software or not, then the popularity of Windows would plumit due to lack of affordabilty and the Linux adoption would soar.
Except that Linux is deep in computer nerd territory and it would probably inaccessible to most people. It would make mac's job easier though.

microhive

Mar 27, 2009
Swifteye said:
redmarine said:
As if most people in the world have the cash to buy their software in the first place.

I believe that if people were forced to buy the software or not, then the popularity of Windows would plumit due to lack of affordabilty and the Linux adoption would soar.
Except that Linux is deep in computer nerd territory and it would probably inaccessible to most people. It would make mac's job easier though.
Not really. What I said is that if piracy wasn't an option, then people would stop getting Windows, and that includes Macs because they cost as well.

Linux is free, perhaps really nerdy, but free.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
redmarine said:
Swifteye said:
redmarine said:

Not really. What I said is that if piracy wasn't an option, then people would stop getting Windows, and that includes Macs because they cost as well.

Linux is free, perhaps really nerdy, but free.
Ya but you would have to know how to use linux and for some reason there are people my age (20) Who can be confused by there macs and PCs. Linux could be free for all but I bet there would have to be a class or two to teach people the basics.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Anything that could potentially hurt the United States in trade is given a blind eye in China (I suspect it's privately encouraged); If you want to talk about copyright infringement on a MASSIVE scale look no further.

It's so fucking backwards; the PRC government is afraid of foreign influence and culture, and yet, it deliberately allows companies making dirt-cheap knockoffs of American goods, figures, and icons to work non-stop.