1. Locate the PlanetSide shortcut on your desktop
2. Right click on the PlanetSide icon and choose Properties
3. Click on the Compatibility tab
4. Check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
5. Choose Windows 95 in the dropdown menu
6. Click ok to complete the process.

i tried doing it in game.exe and shortcut i've tried in station launcher

Vista 32bit
Ok, so you've set that at the root .exe file in your program files folder? That's the only one you need to do all that to. How are you trying to fire it up and what problem/error message are you getting?
Yeah just the root.exe in my program files, but everytime i do that it changes the station manager to the same then i get the unsupported OS crap so i launch station manager then make the changes i load the game get my character then go into the game gets into loading TR sanctuary, then black screen and planetside has encounted a error and must close
I searched Planetside exe in Vista, right-clicked on the exe file, went to properties, then compatibility and switched it to Win98/ME. Works great for me now.
Just tried that and still no luck i really don't know what to do apart from smashing my pc to a 1000 pieces

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Ollie596 said:
Spinwhiz said:
Ollie596 said:
Singing Gremlin said:
Ollie596 said:
I might go insane i cannot get this working on vista i've tried this

Vista 32bit
Ok, so you've set that at the root .exe file in your program files folder? That's the only one you need to do all that to. How are you trying to fire it up and what problem/error message are you getting?
Yeah just the root.exe in my program files, but everytime i do that it changes the station manager to the same then i get the unsupported OS crap so i launch station manager then make the changes i load the game get my character then go into the game gets into loading TR sanctuary, then black screen and planetside has encounted a error and must close
I searched Planetside exe in Vista, right-clicked on the exe file, went to properties, then compatibility and switched it to Win98/ME. Works great for me now.
Just tried that and still no luck i really don't know what to do apart from smashing my pc to a 1000 pieces
Well, that just isn't worth it then! There are a TON of posts if you google Planetside VISTA

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
Ollie596 said:
Spinwhiz said:
Ollie596 said:
Singing Gremlin said:
Ollie596 said:
I might go insane i cannot get this working on vista i've tried this

Vista 32bit
Well, that just isn't worth it then! There are a TON of posts if you google Planetside VISTA
Yeah sorry bout that but i managed to fix the problem it was my dual core so i set it to one and now it works fine now!

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
I got my code and I'm downloading the game. Its going to take a looong while but I should be ingame tomorrow I hope. Can't wait to bust some heads with fellow escapists!

I can't get the mumble thing to work either though... I fail :(

Lazyjim

Jan 15, 2009
I've managed to get a 14-day trial account, and as a previous Planetside player would be glad to help the official Escapist team. If You'll have me that is..

Docan

Sep 8, 2008
Currently have 7 of 10 for the outfit need 3 more log in. Mumble server is working too.

JonEire

May 21, 2008
Wootles got a badge and I'm downloading Planetside now.

Thanks looking forward to chatting to you all on TS

Ravinak

Nov 5, 2008
Docan said:
Not 1 peron has contacted me ingame yet :(

PM doccan so we can start outfit!
I'll PM you once I get home from work today, hopefully you'll be online!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
This fix works extremely well on XP too.

#Edit, found a whole can of newer, bigger crashes after about 1hrs play. Forget everything I just typed.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
Ok, first proper day in, and it's been pretty fun. One request I have to make is that everyone who can get mumble does so. Even if you can't talk, you can listen, and it saves us forgetting to tell you the plan.

Ravinak

Nov 5, 2008
Lazyjim said:
Could we have the server info for mumble posted here please?
Look above you.

Spinwhiz said:
Here is the VOIP info.

Go here to download Mumble: http://mumble.sf.net

Our mumble server is at mumble.escapistmagazine.com - You can type it in the connect dialog once you download the Mumble software.

See here for an example. [http://underhanded.org/mumble.jpg]

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
1-20-2009
Vanguard's Journal
Two days into the war

First real day of fighting was today. Linked up with several of the other Escapists. I haven't heard anything about either BoingBoing or Rock, Paper, Shotgun since we began, so we were just going from one war zone to another to see where the fighting would take us.

We clashed with the New Conglomerate several times, at one point joining up with a larger Republic force and we helped win over the entire planet of Amerish in one giant blitzkrieg from one NC-held base to another. I got my fair share of kills in during all of the fighting. I'm still walking around with the spinal column from a NC soldier called "Scootzy" or something along those lines that I took as a trophy. That's been attracting weird stares from some of the other men, but I'm still proud of what I got done today so I don't really give a damn.

~V

(note: I've decided that I'll try to post a "war journal" about what happened in the game on any given day, partly to keep you guys that aren't playing updated. Also for my own amusement. Keep your eyes open for future entries.)

Ravinak

Nov 5, 2008
Finally getting the hang of this, battle rank 5(and a half) now. Going to get my first implant soon!

Score wise I've got a bunch of assists (not sure if they count towards our "war"), a few kills myself, and I hacked my first control console yesterday yay. Took a whole minute or two, lucky there were others guarding the spot.

Docan

Sep 8, 2008
Ravinak said:
Finally getting the hang of this, battle rank 5(and a half) now. Going to get my first implant soon!

Score wise I've got a bunch of assists (not sure if they count towards our "war"), a few kills myself, and I hacked my first control console yesterday yay. Took a whole minute or two, lucky there were others guarding the spot.
Whats your ingame name?

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
Ravinak said:

Assists don't count at all, just kills , so feel free to be sneaky and "kill steal" tho don't do it too overtly. Also, hacks use to count if you were just in the sphere of influence of a base or tower that was captured, you don't personally have to hack it. (Though if you're in the right place at the right time, do it!)

Did you try the shooting range and VR vehcle room and try out EVERYTHING? you can gain a couple battle ranks like that.

Ravinak

Nov 5, 2008
Docan said:
Whats your ingame name?
I used the same name as here.

WolfLordAndy said:
Assists don't count at all, just kills , so feel free to be sneaky and "kill steal" tho don't do it too overtly. Also, hacks use to count if you were just in the sphere of influence of a base or tower that was captured, you don't personally have to hack it. (Though if you're in the right place at the right time, do it!)

Did you try the shooting range and VR vehcle room and try out EVERYTHING? you can gain a couple battle ranks like that.
Yeah I done all the training quests available, and I see the implants training mission is available at rank 6. As for trying every vehicle, no I haven't. I am going to have to go back tonight then, since it'll be a long way before I can pilot a BFR.

Oh and this was probably obviously intended, but when I first saw the word BFR (BattleFrame Robotics), my first thought was Big Fucking Robot haha.

Docan

Sep 8, 2008
Day 2 comes to closes and we have still not managed to get 10 escapist online at same time! Log in and message Doccan!