Player Accidentally Unlocks Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
A lot of people don't think it's legit. Personally I am hopeful. I love the idea of playing any of those classes. Count me as one of the few Batarian fans. Need more MP stuff so I don't need to think about ending XP

eventhorizon525

Sep 14, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised tbh, but a bit suspicious of the fact that Krogan *still* won't be vanguards, with battlemaster hypothetically going to adept. This also still leaves the issue of there will now be 2 options for Asari as either adept or vanguard, based on which one that class would go to (which is somewhat unexpected, since it seemed like they were trying to keep only the humans with 2 options for the gender choice).

Ceratops

Jan 25, 2012
fingers crossed it IS legit and now an attempt to change press focus.

*dangles cookie*

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Doc Theta Sigma said:
... Hell yes Krogan Battlemaster. Oh god this is better than sex.
Yes. Oh Helllllllllllllllllz yes.

The Krogan sentinel is not nearly efficient enough at wallowing in the blood of his fallen enemies. Maybe the Battlemaster will have a flying headbutt. That would be so awesome.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
eventhorizon525 said:
I wouldn't be surprised tbh, but a bit suspicious of the fact that Krogan *still* won't be vanguards, with battlemaster hypothetically going to adept. This also still leaves the issue of there will now be 2 options for Asari as either adept or vanguard, based on which one that class would go to (which is somewhat unexpected, since it seemed like they were trying to keep only the humans with 2 options for the gender choice).
I figured Asari Justicar is just an adapt with a different flavor while Krogan Battlemaster would be a Vanguard. Wrex was a Battlemaster in ME1 (flavor version of Vanguard for him). They should really change the race tree for Asari adepts and vanguards if they release a Justicar though. Having a Justicar tree when there is a Justicar class is confusing and misleading. Should just be called the "Huntress" tree for adepts and vanguards.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Im going to assume that they haven't got the files already on disc. In which case, cool.

When I played the demo the first thing I thought was "dammit why can't I play as a geth?"
Now I can if I ever get the game and then decide to pay extra for the DLC. This pleases me.

Also, I don't mind this as DLC. This is totally fine, the only thing that could go wrong here is if it turns out they already developed them and the files are on the disc.

2 weeks later.
(dandark looks at a news article about how multiplayer DLC files were already on the disc and the price to buy is 40$)

Dandark:...............................FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Fappy said:
eventhorizon525 said:
I figured Asari Justicar is just an adapt with a different flavor while Krogan Battlemaster would be a Vanguard. Wrex was a Battlemaster in ME1 (flavor version of Vanguard for him). They should really change the race tree for Asari adepts and vanguards if they release a Justicar though. Having a Justicar tree when there is a Justicar class is confusing and misleading. Should just be called the "Huntress" tree for adepts and vanguards.
Well, my placement of the Battlemaster and the Justicar into Adept and Vanguard was just supposition. I agree that Adept and Vanguard aren't solid fits for either, but my thinking was that the Adept Class already had an Asari, and the Vanguard didn't. I do agree, however, that Wrex is probably a bit closer to Vanguard if you had to choose.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Mike Kayatta said:
Fappy said:
eventhorizon525 said:
Well, my placement of the Battlemaster and the Justicar into Adept and Vanguard was just supposition. I agree that Adept and Vanguard aren't solid fits for either, but my thinking was that the Adept Class already had an Asari, and the Vanguard didn't. I do agree, however, that Wrex is probably a bit closer to Vanguard if you had to choose.
I just hope they don't give him biotic charge. A Krogan with charge would be way too good. :O

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Dear Bioware,

if you charge for this, you are assholes. If this doesn't come with more maps, you are assholes. If you haven't even considered adding more enemy types, you are giant assholes.

And most importantly, if you do the typical Bioware thing and don't intend to patch/rebalance the multiplayer, you need to be ruined. Seriously, the MP is still a buggy mess, with people constantly falling through the world, enemies going immune to damage, skills not firing when clicked on (especially with Biotic Charge, getting Vanguards killed), horrible difficulty scaling from bronze to silver to gold, assault rifles being almost uniformly garbage when compared to heavy pistols, and the soldier class being nearly worthless. Seriously, AR without the time dilation (I realize it had to go for MP) it so beyond shit, especially when you compare it to how stupidly overpowered Energy Drain, Stasis, Sabotage, and Cluster Grenades are.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
I'd like to be able to play a full match without being kicked off the server!

Windu23

Aug 6, 2008
Jennacide said:
Dear Bioware,

if you charge for this, you are assholes. If this doesn't come with more maps, you are assholes. If you haven't even considered adding more enemy types, you are giant assholes.

And most importantly, if you do the typical Bioware thing and don't intend to patch/rebalance the multiplayer, you need to be ruined. Seriously, the MP is still a buggy mess, with people constantly falling through the world, enemies going immune to damage, skills not firing when clicked on (especially with Biotic Charge, getting Vanguards killed), horrible difficulty scaling from bronze to silver to gold, assault rifles being almost uniformly garbage when compared to heavy pistols, and the soldier class being nearly worthless. Seriously, AR without the time dilation (I realize it had to go for MP) it so beyond shit, especially when you compare it to how stupidly overpowered Energy Drain, Stasis, Sabotage, and Cluster Grenades are.
I would like to co-sign this. With glitter text. But I won't. Because it would be an eye sore.

But, being able to play a Geth infiltrator would make me soooooooooooo happy.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
putowtin said:
I'd like to be able to play a full match without being kicked off the server!
It's amazing how awful EA servers are. I'm more amazed when I'm not kicked from a server...in any EA online game.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I actually do hope the Batarian classes are legit on the grounds of it'd be interesting to see what they can do. Think about it, outside of "shoot things," what do we know Batarians can do?

I think the other four (the two Geth classes, the Krogan Battlemaster and the Asari Justicar) are fake, though. Geth for gameplay reasons (it'd get too confusing if you're fighting the Geth as enemies) and the Battlemaster and Justicar because really they're just the Krogan Soldier and Asari Adept with specialized skills.