Player Accidentally Unlocks Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I'm just trying to figure out how having a Geth on your side is supposed to make sense while fighting the synthetic bastards.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Kalezian said:
pictures of this DLC already on the disk or I call bullshit on the grounds of self-entitled gamer Bawww"ing syndrome.
Didn't take long for that particular not-argument to pop up.
Then again, this is a topic about potential ME3 DLC. Tis to be expected.

I should keep a running tally for each instance someone misuses the word "entitlement" in an argument against DLC.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Zeel said:
Windu23 said:
Jennacide said:
Dear Bioware,

if you charge for this, you are assholes. If this doesn't come with more maps, you are assholes. If you haven't even considered adding more enemy types, you are giant assholes.

And most importantly, if you do the typical Bioware thing and don't intend to patch/rebalance the multiplayer, you need to be ruined. Seriously, the MP is still a buggy mess, with people constantly falling through the world, enemies going immune to damage, skills not firing when clicked on (especially with Biotic Charge, getting Vanguards killed), horrible difficulty scaling from bronze to silver to gold, assault rifles being almost uniformly garbage when compared to heavy pistols, and the soldier class being nearly worthless. Seriously, AR without the time dilation (I realize it had to go for MP) it so beyond shit, especially when you compare it to how stupidly overpowered Energy Drain, Stasis, Sabotage, and Cluster Grenades are.
I would like to co-sign this. With glitter text. But I won't. Because it would be an eye sore.

But, being able to play a Geth infiltrator would make me soooooooooooo happy.
Better start saving up Jimmy.

You can mow my lawn if you want.

I wouldnt be surprised if they charged 10 dollars per character.
We get it, Bioware is Satan and has plans to murder the world via $10 dollar optional DLC. You can stop banging on about it now.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
This is EA we're talking about.
Of course it'll be paid DLC.
And I wouldn't hesitate to bet they'll release 'premium' weapons DLC as well.
And a map pack while they're at it.
All separate, of course.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Zeel said:
Does anyone doubt that this will cost them an additional 10 dollars? maybe even 15? You guys have been reeled in. They aren't going to stop cashing you guys in.

And you only have yourselves to blame.
ZEEL! You're back! Hey! Break out the party hats!

I'm glad to see your vacation hasn't dampened that positive outlook of yours we all know and love! Nothing can dampen your spirits!

You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna buy the DLC for the 360, and THEN, I'm gonna buy a copy on PC, and then buy the DLC AGAIN. And the whole time I will dance dance DAAAANCE in my underwear.

A far more attractive depiction of me underwear dancing.

Disturbed-Hell

Shas'la
Mar 18, 2010
Wait a second... "Geth Infiltratior"?

Huh.

OT. Hope this is legit becasue infiltrator is my favorite class and the Geth are my favorite race in the ME3 universe.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Atmos Duality said:
I should keep a running tally for each instance someone misuses the word "entitlement" in an argument against DLC.
Color me curious... in what was is calling a bunch of people who think - nay, demand - that they be given content at no additional charge anything but a case of entitlement? According to Merriam-Webster:

Definition of ENTITLEMENT (pay special attention to #3):

1:
a : the state or condition of being entitled : right
b : a right to benefits specified especially by law or contract

2: a government program providing benefits to members of a specified group; also : funds supporting or distributed by such a program

3: belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges

Most of the arguments against the DLC rely upon "the belief that the buyer is deserving of or entitled to" the privilege of cost-free DLC. Thus, entitlement.

Fapmaster5000

May 13, 2011
erttheking said:
I'm just trying to figure out how having a Geth on your side is supposed to make sense while fighting the synthetic bastards.
SPOILERS!

Because in a perfect play-through, you can get both the Quarians and the Geth for the final battles. This is why they would be in multiplayer (and why there's RAGE over the "synthetics v. organics" theme of the ending - it can be disproved in a paragon run, and now, apparently, in multiplayer).

Of course, Geth do not intentionally infiltrate, so...

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
The.Bard said:
Color me curious... in what was is calling a bunch of people who think - nay, demand - that they be given content at no additional charge anything but a case of entitlement? According to Merriam-Webster:

Most of the arguments against the DLC rely upon "the belief that the buyer is deserving of or entitled to" the privilege of cost-free DLC. Thus, entitlement.
Pay special attention to the word "BELIEF", it completely undermines "entitlement" as an objective argument.

Here's the real "controversy":
"This DLC is overpriced, and is making the game cost more."
"No, it isn't. You're acting entitled. Shut the fuck up."

What gets defined as "extra"? Who sets the standards? The customer? The Publisher? Well, if we blindly accept the Publisher, then expecting anything more than an opening crawl and a credits roll could be interpreted as "Entitled" too.
If we blindly accept the customer, then the game ought to not only include all the content, but be free of charge as well.

It's a revolving door of useless argumentation. Two sides screaming uselessly at each other over something that does not have a definitive "right" or "wrong" answer.

Hence, why using "entitlement" as an objective argument is absolute bullshit, and using it as a catty insult is nothing more than trolling.

Sethran

Jedi
Jun 15, 2008
Must be hax. Nobody gets that many golds in a pack. [/troll]

Still, I'd like to play as a Geth. Legion was awesomesauce.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Atmos Duality said:
The.Bard said:

Pay special attention to the word "BELIEF", it completely undermines "entitlement" as an objective argument.

Here's the real "controversy":
"This DLC is overpriced, and is making the game cost more."
"No, it isn't. You're acting entitled. Shut the fuck up."

What gets defined as "extra"? Who sets the standards? The customer? The Publisher? Well, if we blindly accept the Publisher, then expecting anything more than an opening crawl and a credits roll could be interpreted as "Entitled" too.
If we blindly accept the customer, then the game ought to not only include all the content, but be free of charge as well.

It's a revolving door of useless argumentation. Two sides screaming uselessly at each other over something that does not have a definitive "right" or "wrong" answer.

Hence, why using "entitlement" as an objective argument is absolute bullshit, and using it as a catty insult is nothing more than trolling.
I'm absolutely on the same page with you in regards to it being a useless argument. I have long advocated that those who don't like it should voice their complaints by not buying it and stop complaining, and those who do like it should buy it and enjoy in peace.

While I admire your ability to argue semantics, you are still arguing semantics. Until courts intervene to dictate otherwise, the publisher dictates the content. If they dictate content the customer dislikes, then their sales should plummet and they should rectify it back in line according to what customers will pay for. But they absolutely still dictate what it and isn't "the core game." Bioware says the character was developed as DLC; it is DLC. Until a law says otherwise, the content is not part of the core game.

Ergo, anyone who believes they are owed this content flagged as DLC without additional cost, is - by rights - acting out of entitlement. It's not bullshit, it's not a catty insult, it's simply what the hell it is: people saying something that costs money should be theirs without the additional cost.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Ah, more Krogan that I can't ever fucking unlock.
I WANT A KROGAN DAMMIT DIUASHNFKAJSLF

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
damn my principle stopping me form getting this game, because I want to play as geth and krogan battlemasters *single tear* they make headbutting a art form.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
The.Bard said:
While I admire your ability to argue semantics, you are still arguing semantics.
EDIT: Upon re-consideration. I see how this would go in circles.

I'm still calling bullshit on anyone using "Entitlement" as a copout argument, since it's ultimately futile, and not helpful in the slightest. Customers have a right to be happy/unhappy with the deals EA (or anyone else) is offering; calling them entitled for saying why they reject those offers is in itself childish and blatant trolling.

The whole topic has lead to a lot of disrespectful name-calling, as is the wont of the Internet.

I posit again that if they hate such things, they should just reject doing business with such models to begin with, lest they encourage and enable them. If you buy the DLC, expect more of future games to become DLC.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Kalezian said:
pictures of this DLC already on the disk or I call bullshit on the grounds of self-entitled gamer Bawww"ing syndrome.
This isn't funny at all, the Escapist should censor that word and replace "entitled" by "educated".

It's like people using "troll" as an argument every time they disagree with someone.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Doc Theta Sigma said:
... Hell yes Krogan Battlemaster. Oh god this is better than sex.
What about sex with a Krogan Battlemaster? Maybe you shouldn't answer that.

Now about the geth..

/Reaching Consensus..

We approve.