PlayStation 4 Game Sharing: This Is How It's Done

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Sony made a lot of right decisions this time round. Sadly, there weren't any games for the system I'm interested in, other than Knack and The Order, to a small degree. But, I'm still optimistic. $100 cheaper too also. So, unless the Wii U suddenly makes a Wii U-turn with the consumer's hearts, it's a likely bet PS4 has won this gen.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010

Well played Sony, well played. I mean, I was going to buy your console regardless, but everything I'm seeing here just cemented it.

Captcha: do it now!

Well, I WOULD Captcha, but the console isn't available yet. Have alittle patience.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
OK, that was extremely hilarious. That burn was pretty fucking amazing. Well played, Sony, well played.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
frizzlebyte said:
This is awesome. I didn't get a chance to see the Press Conference live, but now I'm so looking forward to the replay.

If Sony doesn't do any sneaky shenanigans while everyone's guard is down, I'd say the future looks bright for the PS4.
Well the announced you need playstation plus to play online now but outside that ya I agree.

skaskunk

Apr 12, 2010
It's over ladies and gentleman. The fat lady sung! The Pony Slaystation 4 is the winner and the XBone shall crawl back into that black hole it came from.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
aba1 said:
frizzlebyte said:
This is awesome. I didn't get a chance to see the Press Conference live, but now I'm so looking forward to the replay.

If Sony doesn't do any sneaky shenanigans while everyone's guard is down, I'd say the future looks bright for the PS4.
Well the announced you need playstation plus to play online now but outside that ya I agree.
Not required, and $10 less a month than Microsoft's.
yup its cheaper but it was revealed to be needed for online multiplayer sadly.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
My theme for this moment:

And here was me worried that this next generation was going to suck! Playstation, I thank you for all the good times, past, present and future. XD

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
I wouldn't say it's over for Microsoft, but it certainly doesn't look good. Bought the 360 last gen, will be buying a PS4 this gen!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
ZombieMonkey7 said:
IT'S OVER, IT'S ALL OVER!!!!!!! Sony has just delivered the final bloody punch against Microsoft, slapped them with their dick, and proceeded to piss all over their corpse!
Footage of the event in progress:

It's the Most ELECTRIFYING MOVE...In gaming today.

Ring the bell! Ring the damn bell!

MeowZhuxi

Aug 30, 2009
Sony's whole press conference was a massive slam duck that simultaneously generated tons of hype about new games (Kingdom Hearts 3 *squeal*) and stomped on microsoft while they were down. Seriously, it was like watching a clinic on how to have good PR.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MeowZhuxi said:
Sony's whole press conference was a massive slam duck that simultaneously generated tons of hype about new games (Kingdom Hearts 3 *squeal*) and stomped on microsoft while they were down. Seriously, it was like watching a clinic on how to have good PR.
Slam Duck? Kingdom Hearts? Poor Donald!

I hope PETA nails their asses!

(sorry, the context of the typo. I had to. I HAD TO.)

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
saintdane05 said:
It really says a lot about the state of gaming when "you can put the disc in and it will play the game" is a slam-dunk.
Well considering the what the competition are doing...

Yes it does.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
aba1 said:
aba1 said:
frizzlebyte said:

You got a sauce to back that up? I didn't hear anything about that.

NVM its legit:
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/...utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/...utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/ps-plus-required-to-play-ps4-games-online-6409709/

Shame I thought he was referring to something else during the conference.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Sony, you magnificent bastards. This video is just pure gold. It's one of the funniest things they've done since the Kevin Butler ads.

I may still be on the fence about this console generation, but Sony definitely beat Microsoft at E3. It wasn't even a fair fight.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Y'know, Sony screwed up a ton of things in the last generation. They weren't up there on the radar with Activision or EA, but they definitely got up to some sketchiness that had me thinking of them in a less than favorable light.

In a few simple, brilliant moves- all kidding aside, all talk of exclusives and hardware power aside- they just showed me perhaps the one thing that I've really been looking for from one of these companies:

They're listening.

Holy fuck, that's worth the world.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
NightHawk21 said:
aba1 said:
aba1 said:
frizzlebyte said:

You got a sauce to back that up? I didn't hear anything about that.

NVM its legit:
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/ps-plus-required-to-play-ps4-games-online-6409709/

Shame I thought he was referring to something else during the conference.
Ya can't blame ya for missing that they really slid it in under the radar I was even left going "wait a sec does this mean?" asking others if it was just me who caught it.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Callate said:
Y'know, Sony screwed up a ton of things in the last generation. They weren't up there on the radar with Activision or EA, but they definitely got up to some sketchiness that had me thinking of them in a less than favorable light.

In a few simple, brilliant moves- all kidding aside, all talk of exclusives and hardware power aside- they just showed me perhaps the one thing that I've really been looking for from one of these companies:

They're listening.

Holy fuck, that's worth the world.
Sony are indeed listening. Remember how they conducted a survey on what people want from PS+ to subscribe to it? And people voted for full-sized RPGs? Next thing - kingdoms of amalur appeared free on PS+. They are listening. Just not to everything.

AyaReiko

Aug 9, 2008

This was a brutal demolition of XBoned. Can't wait for JS's, AJ's, and TB's takes on it.