PlayStation 4 Online Sale Turns Deadly in San Francisco

Sidmen

Jul 3, 2012
I got to say, i find it quite funny. The hate on resellers - not the murder. Its practically the definition of capitolism to let the market determine the price of something. Heck, if i could buy a ps4 for 400 and sell it for 750 i sure as heck would... Just means i'd end up with a subsidized ps4 later.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I guess this is another reason not to buy consoles at launch, yeesh.

Rewdalf

Usually Sacrastic
Jan 6, 2010
And you know what?
I bet it was the video game console's fault too. Clearly.

I like how the title is "PS4 sale goes deadly," highlighting the fact that a console was at the center of this conflict, implying that no other worldly possessions have ever been killed over...

Etcetera, etcetera.
Video games and consoles should be banned and this wouldn't happen. Ever.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
This, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't like "Craigslist" way of selling shit. Too many crazy fuckers out there for it to be safe.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
This is almost as sad as the woman that died from holding in her piss to long to win a Wii. As much as I love my PS3 and that I am going to get a PS4 eventually, it is the absolute pettiest reason for murder.

Only thing pettier would be, he didn't say 'excuse me' when he bumped into me. Jezus America... you scare me. I feel safer with all the spiders and Box Jellyfish.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
CarnageRacing00 said:
Adzma said:
Well clearly the victim and his girlfriend should have been armed. If they had been armed then this wouldn't have happened. Everybody should be armed; mothers, fathers, children, grandparents, babies, everybody! Shooting someone dead over a Playstation is perfectly reasonable.
Really? That's where you want to take this right now? Not only is that an incredibly assholish thing to do, but your argument is so ridiculous, it's kind of sad.
Sarcasm boy... Sarcasm.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
I'm always baffled by seeing how low some people stoop to get something. Murder shouldn't be the first choice in anyone's mind, unless they're deranged, and in that case it has nothing to do with what the item in the transaction is, so why try to link that case to the PS4?

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
krazykidd said:
I don't know what to say. The kid got greedy i guess. I mean buying something and trying to resell it for a profit is kind of cheating the system. Not that it warranted death. But it seems to be a case of greed before need .
Buying something and reselling it for a higher price is perfectly legitimate. It's basically what all stores do. This is what commerce is all about and it's not greedy in the slightest.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Doom972 said:
krazykidd said:
I don't know what to say. The kid got greedy i guess. I mean buying something and trying to resell it for a profit is kind of cheating the system. Not that it warranted death. But it seems to be a case of greed before need .
Buying something and reselling it for a higher price is perfectly legitimate. It's basically what all stores do. This is what commerce is all about and it's not greedy in the slightest.
Yeah, it's only greedy when publishers want to make a profit.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
krazykidd said:
Ironic coming from a guy typing on a computer, you don't need a computer, you're just being greedy by owning one, but no one would bring it up if you were killed.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
NiPah said:
krazykidd said:
Ironic coming from a guy typing on a computer, you don't need a computer, you're just being greedy by owning one, but no one would bring it up if you were killed.
I fail to see how someone owning and using a computer equates to someone trying to resell a console for more than its asking price.

Doom972 said:
krazykidd said:
Just because it's a commonly used practice doesn't mean it's not greedy. Wanting more than what you need is in fact the very definition of greed.

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
KarmaTheAlligator said:
Just because it's a commonly used practice doesn't mean it's not greedy. Wanting more than what you have is in fact the very definition of greed.
The very definition of greed? Dang. I always thought of it as something along the lines of:
"excessive or rapacious desire, especially for wealth or possessions."
You shouldn't make such half-assed definintions. Because according to yours everybody ever wanting a little bit more than they already posses would be greedy. You could say going to work is greedy because you do it for the payment. You could even say a starving man with nothing on him is greedy because he wants food. That's quite frankly not the way the word "greed" is used.

Like somebody else already said it's a ligitimate practice in our capitalist society. Most societies to be honest.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
hazydawn said:
KarmaTheAlligator said:
Just because it's a commonly used practice doesn't mean it's not greedy. Wanting more than what you have is in fact the very definition of greed.
The very definition of greed? Dang. I always thought of it as something along the lines of:
"excessive or rapacious desire, especially for wealth or possessions."
You shouldn't make such half-assed definintions. Because according to yours everybody ever wanting a little bit more than they already posses would be greedy. You could say going to work is greedy because you do it for the payment. You could even say a starving man with nothing on him is greedy because he wants food.
Yeah, I used the wrong word there. It's wanting more than you need, not have. My bad on this one.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Killing people for material possessions that are not even that luxurious? I could at least understand hurting someone for a million dollars, but a fuckin' console? Rot in a dungeon you evil scum.

Ghaleon640

Jan 13, 2011
CarnageRacing00 said:
mechalynx said:
Either you missed the heaps of sarcasm and general dismay with the current gun laws in the US or I need to go to bed.

Like the porsters above me said, it seems like a robbery that just happened to involve a PS4. Don't tell me people haven't been brutalized over an iPhone. Hope the asshole will get caught and put away for a very long time, preferably in a hard labour camp.
No I completely understood what you were saying, and it annoyed me. California has strict gun laws, yet this still happened. That kind of completely destroys your argument.
I'm doing a research paper on the gun industry right now actually, (sorry if I'm just pointing out the obvious though.) The gun industry intentionally over-saturates gun markets in areas with weak gun laws, knowing that traffickers will sell those guns in secondary markets in places with stricter laws. That's why Chicago has it so bad even though it has so many guns laws.(Haven't looked at California specifically so sorry if i'm out of line) I'll admit I'm pro-gun, but the practices of the industry can be very disgusting.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
KarmaTheAlligator said:
NiPah said:
krazykidd said:
I fail to see how someone owning and using a computer equates to someone trying to resell a console for more than its asking price.
And I failed to understand why reselling a console was a noteworthy point in a story about a guy's murder.
Just to help you a bit I was offering another example of minuscule occurrences of greed, calling out the hypocrisy of the above poster for blaming the victim of a murder because he was "greedy" for reselling his console.
Don't read too much into it.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Reminds me of when a LA Dodgers fan was killed by SF Giants fan in SF.

Dunno why..

Died at age 22 for selling PS4 to a stranger via online. He's old enough to know that its dangerous to do that..

But I guess he was too young to resist.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
...But why would you meet up and trade it for cash? Pay online, mail it?

I'd like to think he got it home, realised there's fuck all to do on it and realised he's killed a man for almost nothing (Not even counting the fact that he probably can't afford games either) but then, that's what some people are like huh? :/
I suppose he could sell it himself.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
I almost want to see how outlets like Fox news spin this to be "Video games are the route of all evil," when they are also "pro gun."