Playstation 5 out now?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
As far as i can tell Xbox was fine. If you wanted one you could get one.

Even on Ebay the prices aren't as high as for the PS5. I dunno if that's because less people care, or if there were just more available.

Was just thinking if Sony really was trying to prevent scalping with the invite incentive, it would’ve been easy since they could’ve linked the ticket to your account and then have it so the console can only be unlocked by your account as well once purchased and the ticket’s redeemed. That way there’s no chance that users could just flip them online.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Last I checked Amazon still had them available? But yeah I’m geeked to try the DualSense on PS3 since there’s still a lot of games I play on it, and the DS3 just feels tragic next to even the DS4 now.
Let me know if it works properly in the games you try it on. I know the PS4 controller works on the XMB and all but it doesn't work in all games. I had to buy a Battlefield PS3 controller (and the sticks just aren't quite the same as Sony's controllers) to play some Ghost Recon Future Soldier a few months back.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Here are Max and ACG.

That is a large mammal. The PS5 doesn't look that big next to him but, like, put it next to a PS4?
Still, it isn't the size but the looks that make me need to hide it in a room outside the living room.

I hope Xbox steals those adaptive triggers! He sure seems to love them.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Let me know if it works properly in the games you try it on. I know the PS4 controller works on the XMB and all but it doesn't work in all games. I had to buy a Battlefield PS3 controller (and the sticks just aren't quite the same as Sony's controllers) to play some Ghost Recon Future Soldier a few months back.

It’ll be a few hours til I’m free to try, but I found this -

Also as if it weren’t obvious enough -

Idiots will be idiots.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

What’s funny stupid is the controller by itself doesn’t come with a USB cable. Oh well, I have plenty of those around, I thought.

Not Type-C. It did light up a bit hitting the touchpad, but that’s it.

Amazon will send me a 2 pack tomorrow for $10.

Anyways, it’s the best feeling PS controller yet, with an incremental upgrade but less pronounced than going from DS3 to DS4 was. The hand “paddles” or whatever you want to call them feel more contoured for a human hand and solid. If you tap an end against your hand you can feel the innards pulse a bit, kinda like the battery in a big Mag flashlight, but much lighter of course. It is noticeably heavier than the DS4 overall (9.9 oz to be exact) but not cumbersome. It just feels solid all around.

The triggers have a nice solid feel now more than ever; nice and springy but a very smooth, quiet pull to them. The Dpad seems to be the same for the most part, but of course I wouldn’t know until actually playing something if there is an actual difference in feel at all. The sticks are also pretty similar to DS4, but perhaps have a bit more gradual resistance, and textured surface. Also maybe a millimeter further apart than DS4.

My biggest concern would be the placement of the new Create and Options buttons. On the DS4 they were recessed a bit from the Dpad and face buttons in addition to also being pretty flush with the surface, but now they’re on an even keel to them and even raised from it. Will be interesting to see how many more accidental presses happen, but on the other hand they are easier to find when you need to quickly tap them. Getting a feel for it my thumbs have to extend slightly beyond the Dpad and face buttons to reach them, so it might not be much of an issue.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It's Dunkey Time!
Am I the only one who really dislikes dunky. I can't tell if he is trying to be funny or sarcastic or what, but nothing he does ever appeals to me because his complaints about games always feel whinny to me.

But that is probably just a ME problem.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Am I the only one who really dislikes dunky. I can't tell if he is trying to be funny or sarcastic or what, but nothing he does ever appeals to me because his complaints about games always feel whinny to me.

I mean, I have no idea who that person is. But just going off that video.

There's the crumb of the obvious joke about it not being a particularly inspiring launch title and them overpromoting it. But the repetition is obnoxious. I'm also not sure if he legitimately thinks its *That* good of a joke, or he's trying to parody something that I'm unfamiliar with.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Even if I disagree with them, he still makes me laugh usually. He's been around on YouTube scene since 2010. I would occasionally check them out starting around 2014. I subscribed to him around 2017. I mean I probably realize this, but Dunkey's humor has had a you influence over YouTube when he got big. This episode was just okay. Always appreciate a guy that gives his honest opinions and he don't back down for no one.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
From VaatiVidya:

Playstation have finally revealed details about the "Create" button and the capture capabilities of the PS5. Simply put, you'll be able to record in 1080p or 4k, up to 60 minutes of gameplay

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Oh heck. Austin tells us that PS5 is a bigger leap forward than was PS4 from PS3. The Dual Sense, a very ugly controller... is a game changer.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Oh heck. Austin tells us that PS5 is a bigger leap forward than was PS4 from PS3. The Dual Sense, a very ugly controller... is a game changer.
What exactly do you find ugly about it? Looks like a pretty regular controller to me. Except that it's white, I would NEVER get something meant to be manhandled in a white colorway.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
What exactly do you find ugly about it? Looks like a pretty regular controller to me. Except that it's white, I would NEVER get something meant to be manhandled in a white colorway.
Reminds me of this nightmare of a game:

Someone get that poor controller a skin already... The Xbox controllers are visually beautiful to me and my favorite controllers to date. This new PS5 controller? Ugly IMHO... but this feedback feature is supposed to be fantastic. I'm sure I'll get one eventually. And hide it so my wife never has to lay eyes on it. She'd kill me.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Agreed. Looks ok in black tho.

Tho if I had to really nitpick, I'd change that blue light to red. And have the little speaker play the Imperial March non-stop. And you hear Vader breathing through your finger.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Someone get that poor controller a skin already... The Xbox controllers are visually beautiful to me and my favorite controllers to date. This new PS5 controller? Ugly IMHO... but this feedback feature is supposed to be fantastic. I'm sure I'll get one eventually. And hide it so my wife never has to lay eyes on it. She'd kill me.
Well, we all have our preferences haha. Especially when it comes to controllers. I know for the longest time the Xbox controllers were always seen as the superior option, but man I hate using em.

Tho if I had to really nitpick, I'd change that blue light to red. And have the little speaker play the Imperial March non-stop. And you hear Vader breathing through your finger.
I think you can set the color? I'm not sure tho. You should be able to, I mean certain games change your controller color, why shouldn't you be able to?

And I feel maybe that's something they did in the Battlefront games lol, but its been a while since I played them. They so rarely use the speakers, that when they do, I get surprised and look around for what made the noise.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I think you can set the color? I'm not sure tho. You should be able to, I mean certain games change your controller color, why shouldn't you be able to?
You can with the DS4 on pc and I believe also on PS4, so I guess the DS5 follows suit. S

till, I demand that if you put a red light on a black DS5, it becomes all Sith all the time. Oh, and you can never turn it off. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.

Reactions: Bob_McMillan