Playstation.... Hacked!?

archerboy106

Mar 3, 2009
So i went to play heavy rain....

i couldnt connect to the psn and heavy raind woudnt load. so i said screw it and went to play pain, and then try flow... not working.

hit the internetz and find out its happeneing everywhere?!!?!?

is it true? can it be? did someone hack, the ps3?!

if this isnt fixed.... this could be the last of sony. just imagine all the people who are gonna sue and all the ps3 recalls... surely sony can't compinsate it all?

what you guys think?

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
I highly doubt that it will end sony...

though since I am a 360 man I will of course pray for the worst.

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
Calm down. There is an issue right at this moment but Sony has the means to fix it and unless the apocalypse happens will.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I think that you're over exaggerating a simple maintenance check/failure which would most likely be solved by tomorrow morning.

Incidentally, even if this were to last a week, online isn't everything so I don't think it would be the last of the PS3.

Much less Sony, which incidentally does more than make PS3s.

Also, seeing as PSN is free, I don't think people can sue at all.

thepopeofatheism

Jul 14, 2008
Psh. Mine isn't even connected most of the time, so mine still works fine.

I [i/]win[/i]

EDIT: Turns out I [i/]lose[/i]

It has nothing to do with hacking or the unternuts. It's Y2K. >.<

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
It sounds like the network might be down. Does it have to mean it was hacked?

Actually i just read something that some guy claimed to have hacked it the news source was from january.

archerboy106

Mar 3, 2009
lolooolol i was part joking and being sarcastic. haha

but uhh yea...

no i was told that it wasnt the server down.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
You're going to sue because a free, non-essential, network service is down?

I'm sure your lawyers are going to love your money. You're going to have to pay them a lot for them to risk their reputations on a case so profoundly made of lose.

archerboy106

Mar 3, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
actually word bro thats a good point.

but yea me and my friend (xbox fanboys) were just joking around and were wondering what would happen if people started getting pissed and like blaming sony for their cod not working.

bassdrum

jygabyte!
Oct 6, 2009
I think the only way that this latest failure of the PSN system is going to piss people off is that it lost some user's trophies. I, personally, may have lost my Uncharted 2 trophies, which I'm not too pleased with (yeah, I know trophies don't really count for anything, but I worked really damn hard to find those treasures)--but I'm sure Sony will do their best to fix this.

So no, I don't think this is 'the last of sony', I think that we'll have forgotten all about this in a week or two.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Compatriot Block said:
And thus, the RRoD jokes are at an end, and the peoples of this earth rejoiced.
hahaha you wish, as long as there are trolling fanboys that will never happen

Yeah I just looked it up and the news source said it was only happening in canada and the US and what worries me is that it is only happening to the "The problems seem to mostly affect older, ?fat? models of the PS3. Slim models are either not impacted or affected far less frequently."

And good luck getting to a news source that has well detailed info i had two different ones with a down server message only 30 mins after posting the problem.

Edit: wtf a time malfunction shuts down a whole system that is hilarious i just read that.(possible cause not definite)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Earlier today we had an article on a teen hacker from a couple of years ago... so no, this is NOT the end of Sony.

siffty

Jul 12, 2009
meh ill dc my ps3 from the net and put a fresh coppy of the OS on to a new hard drive

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
Haha! And my friends said I was crazy for backing up my saves on my flash drive!

Who's crazy now?!

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Well, you really need to calm down.

It's called server maintenance. And/or system downtime. It happens.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
archerboy106 said:
Pimppeter2 said:
actually word bro thats a good point.

but yea me and my friend (xbox fanboys) were just joking around and were wondering what would happen if people started getting pissed and like blaming sony for their cod not working.
I'm sorry, but when "CoD" is uncapitalized and put in that context, I get awesome mental images...