Playstation showcase 5/24/23

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It appears Alan Wake II is taking some influences from RE2R & RE4R. The more zoomed in camera, the walking slowly with the flash light trope, and going harder on the horror. This is nothing new, as the previous game did take some elements from OG RE4.

Something interesting I found here. The FBI Agent, Saga Anderson, was originally played by a white actress in Quantum Break. They did a race life on her, and now she is black. I wouldn't have even known about this character, because I skipped out on most of the background stuff in QB. I don't mind the change, and still intrigued.

• Race Lift: In the "Return" Easter Egg in Quantum Break, Saga Anderson was played by a Caucasian actress. As shown in the Gameplay Reveal trailer, she has been reimagined here as a woman of colour.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
It looks like some of the games from the PS showcase will also be coming to Xbox:

I'm suprised with MGS: Delta and Marathon in particular; Komani rarely released MGS games outside of PS, and Bungie is now part of Sony. I wonder if this is some sort of message against the acti-blizz acquistion, Sony saying "See, we share our games that could've been exclusives!"

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
It looks like some of the games from the PS showcase will also be coming to Xbox:

I'm suprised with MGS: Delta and Marathon in particular; Komani rarely released MGS games outside of PS, and Bungie is now part of Sony. I wonder if this is some sort of message against the acti-blizz acquistion, Sony saying "See, we share our games that could've been exclusives!"
Marathon might have been part of a deal prior to Sony takeover, bungie changed hand so many time at this point that it probably has a bunch of string attached? MGS is not too surprising, 5 was multi platform and 3 itself was eventually ported to the 360.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Pretty dumb for MS to try and flex these tbh. Because it's screams, "We're getting stuff too!" Like the baby brother. But at the same time we'll see what xbox has lined up in a couple weeks. My guess, more of the same shit theyve been teasing for years. Like hellblade2.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Pretty dumb for MS to try and flex these tbh. Because it's screams, "We're getting stuff too!" Like the baby brother. But at the same time we'll see what xbox has lined up in a couple weeks. My guess, more of the same shit theyve been teasing for years. Like hellblade2.
Starfield no really this actually exists we promise its super good, trust in Todd?
(and another Minecraft spin off that basically ignores every aspect of Minecrafts appeal probably)

I can't think of what else they actually have at this point, which is impressive considering how much junk they've bought

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Starfield no really this actually exists we promise its super good, trust in Todd?
Yeah but Starfield has it's own showcase AFTER Xbox's so...they wont be there, which leaves the question as to what the flying fuck Xbox has "coming"?

Reactions: BrawlMan

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Pretty dumb for MS to try and flex these tbh. Because it's screams, "We're getting stuff too!" Like the baby brother.
That's what they've been doing for years though, isn't it?

Remember that shithead coming on stage with that GTAIV fake tattoo on his arm?
"See! We've got GTA too!"

Or their E3 press conference in... 2008 or 2009 where they got Kojima on their stage and some suit with a shit eating grin stood there and proclaimed;
"Can't wait to welcome Snake to Xbox".

Only for Kojima to cut him off with; "I didn't say anything about Snake" and then revealing that Raiden Hack and Slash game.

( Then a day later, or hours later, he'd be on stage at PlayStation's event unveiling Peace Walker and Snake )