Plots That Made You Say, "No, Just Stop!"

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
cojo965 said:
soren7550 said:
cojo965 said:
soren7550 said:
I can think of two from some crap books.

Eona - Ok, so the book for the most part was fine I suppose, but it got ass-tarted when it introduced one of, if not *the* dumbest love triangles ever. The two 'beaus' our heroine gets to choose from? The exiled new emperor who's pretty psychotic and loses his shit at the drop of a hat, and the guy from her order that killed her mentor, killed everyone in her order, drove her friend/his pupil to madness (and possible possession), enabled the overthrow and murder of the previous ruler and most of his family, and was going to take over her mind & keep her as a sex slave.
That first one, WHAT! THAT TRIANGLE DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! What reasons did the writer give to feebly try to justify, "no really this is a totally believable love triangle."
From what I can remember? It's because the exiled new emperor is handsome and when he's not psychotic he's kinda OK (even appoints the titular character as an adviser of sorts), and it turns out the other guy is handsome too! That's about it.
Oh, so in other words he didn't even try.

captcha: I love deadlines, no, no I do not captcha.
Well, he did 'justify' himself (for killing the members of their order anyway) by saying some bullcrap about how it was for the greater good or some shit.

Fredvdp

Apr 9, 2009
DevilWithaHalo said:
Fredvdp said:
That is supposed to be a baby cradled in a womb?
A fetus. Might be a little controversial for the player to be shooting a giant fetus, but the design they eventually went with was a bit too silly.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Lost, which never got me interested, because it's too... out there. I always preferred Heroes (the first season anyway, before the Writer's Strike went and messed everything up. Thanks for fucking nothing, Writer's Guild of America).

Also, Twilight for being absolutely stupid), Avatar for being preachy and cliche, and the ending of Mass Effect 3 - for obvious reasons (if that counts).

Finally, Rebuild of Evengelion 3.33, while having some interesting ideas, just didn't explain much of what was going on... and the deplorable treatment of poor Shinji by the other characters really didn't help.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Asita said:
Stories involving "Evolutionary levels" in any sense due to how thoroughly they bastardize the very concept they're based upon. I let Pokémon slide due to 'evolving' clearly being a poor choice of wording more than anything else (The more accurate term being metamorphosis, a conspicuous and rather abrupt change in an organism as a part of their life cycle), but other than that...*shudder*. To my memory, the single worst offender was likely the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Threshold"...which really has more problems in it than I'd care to go into and which have been noted probably a thousand times before me.
I was also going to say this. Another example of it would be Halo 4, felt actual pain when the Librarian talked about the next stage of human evolution.