Pokémon Throw Down Capcom-Style In Pokémon: Type Wild

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
A 2D fighter for Pokemon, especially one as well executed as this, would be perfect for the series. Nintendo should pay this guy to come work with them and make a proper game out of it with unlockable characters, a story, and a big roster.

Kaxim

Jan 10, 2011
Why doesnt Nintendo bring guys like this in and put some cash behind them instead of crushing it? I would play a pokemon MMO and this. This makes no sense to me!

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Zangoose better be playable, and Nintendo had better at least pick up the concept of a Pokemon fighter, even if they destroy this build.

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
I knew about it when it was cool and underground /hipster...

Is it possible to get a version which is, you know, in english? So that those of us who don't know japanese, can play?

They should add Feraligatr...

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
I smell another fan game that will be successful for a week, then be destroyed by trademark infringement.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Earnest Cavalli said:
Roughly six people actually played Hey You, Pikachu
And I am very proud to call myself one of those six people. I still remember looking for treasure on the beach and making soup for Charmander or something.

OT: I've always said Pokemon would work in real-time. This is better than I imagined.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Having Pokemon characters in Smash Bros is one thing.

Pokemon characters Street Fighter style? Whole new game.

Hopefully Nintendo will do something like this eventually.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
crazyfoxdemon said:
If Nintendo has any sense, they'll hire the people making this and release this as an actual title.
As well all know, Nintendo has no sense. If they did, we'd already have a game like this. AND an awesome Pokemon mmo.

Revenge Revisited

The Doctor Called Me Special! :D
Dec 2, 2009
I'm one of those six people who played Hey You Pikachu. >_>

Nintendo should do something more like this and mix up the formula a little.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
The epicness!!!
Really good to see Pokemon beating the crap out of other Pokemon.

2D fighting + Poke = It's really effective!

Falconsgyre

May 4, 2011
I really wish it were economically feasible for Nintendo to actually do some kind of buyout of this game.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Scizophrenic Llama said:
I have a feeling Nintendo is going to drop a bomb on this, although it'll live on through torrents and such. Given how they bombed that fan made MMO a while back.
It's too bad Nintendo lets these ideas go to waste. Obviously people would want to play the MMO and I know I would buy the Pokemon fighting game. It has the potential to host the larges roaster of playable characters ever even if you do skip out on a bunch of Pokemon.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
About time! I always thought Pokemon was suited for this kind of game.

Imagine the amount of dlc this could have if it were made by Nintendo...

Bolt-206

Dec 6, 2010
This game's been up on the Pokesho site for quite a few years by now, and it's not the only pokemon-themed fan-game the site has up it's sleeve.
Considering that it hasn't been taken down by Nintendo yet would mean that they're being a bit more... 'passive' here.

Also, I haven't tried it yet; downloaded, but it won't let me launch (I don't think my computer understands Japanese yet).

exdeadman

Apr 4, 2011
What's this? A new design of a Pokemon game?
ERROR ERROR CAN NOT COMPUTE STRATEGIES BEYOND WEAKNESSES BIG N COMPUTER ABOUT TO EXPLODE

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Kaxim said:
Why doesnt Nintendo bring guys like this in and put some cash behind them instead of crushing it? I would play a pokemon MMO and this. This makes no sense to me!
Because their heads are too far up their own ass trying to find news ways of making terrible game consoles. I can understand C&D letters on fan games that really and truly suck what I can't understand is C&D letters on fan games that sometimes put the original creators to shame. If devs were smart they'd try and work the creators. Seriously, how many fan games have cropped up over the years only to be shut down by a developer and how many more times have many of us sat there and screamed "TAKE MY MONEY DAMN IT!"

If it's money you want guys the demand is there.