Pokemon: Are you loyal to your starter type?

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I normally get w/e one I liked from the cartoon (back when I used to watch it) now I just pick w/e is easiest to use.

I'm going to end up with a Team Eevee anyways...

master m99

Jan 19, 2009
nope just playing through yellow and deceded to get nidoking befor the 2nd gym and he dominates everything =D

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
i choose the one based on the gym battles ahead, im not going to choose a water type if the first or 2nd gym is grass based.

Floss

Feb 19, 2010
I've always picked water as my starter type and as far as I can remember I've kept them in my party all the way through haha.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
I always choose the grass type. However, I find Meganium to be useless, even by in-game standards, so I boxed it. First time I boxed a starter.

Psiboom

Oct 11, 2009
I've always gone with Grass type, every game, at least, the first play through. Turtwig and Chikortia ftw <3 Bulbasuar and Treecko are awesome too, but not the same extent. So yeah, imma pick me up a Snivy in Black and White (Totally naming him/her Smugleaf)

I also love Normals, and since I can't pick up an Aipom in Black and White, Minccino, here I come! Tail Slap and Technician is gonna be awesome.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I choose whichever one looks best. Normally, however, that ends up being Water type: Squirtle, Mudkip, Piplup. Only time I've been disloyal to it is why Cyndaquil

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
I pick my favourite out of the three, as the three for the upcoming games all fill me with disgust they will go straight into a box.

ImpofthePerverse

Sep 14, 2010
I always traded with a friend to get all three. Yep back in the good old days of Red an Blue me and my brother realized we could get all three starters if we both played upto the point trading was unlocked (normally fairly early on) then one we'd trade our starter for a Pidgey or Ratata and then restart and repeat till we both had all 3. Never had a problem with the Pokemon disobeying orders.

Same happened with Gold and Silver, but for other games since I've had to find a friend to do the same as my brother dosen't play pokemon anymore.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Water all except for when I went with torchic. And I usually keep them except in remakes like platinum

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Last Pokemon game I played was Silver (good memories)

But I don't think I ever removed my starting pokemon from my party. I was always looking to build a team of different types and the starters were always strong in their specialized type, never found replacements that were better. Plus there is a little bit of attachment that sounds very odd now that I say it aloud haha.

MostlyHarmless

Feb 8, 2010
I tend to switch around on the starters, though fire generally has the best.

But, nowadays, I usually drop my starter after I fully evolve it.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Ironman126 said:
Sleekgiant said:
Last Pokemon game I played(Silver) I leveled my starter all the way to 99, Feraligator took no prisoners.
Why do i get an image of a blue alligator/crocodile rending a platoon-sized army of lesser Pokemon in half?
Because he was that OP :3

Took out the final four with out losing any health, one shots fucking every pokemon

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
I usually go with water, that's how it's been since Red and Blue. It never leaves the starting position, and I usually get screwed for that, but it's always there.

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
Well so far i have always picked the water starter, and it worked well for me until pokemon platinum where empoleon failed against ground and rock types. I was annoyed at that, but i will still probably stick with the water starter pokemon in black and white. I Don't mind so much though as to what i pick as my favourite type is electric pokemon.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Sorry for double posts, but I don't think ANYONE would ever use anything other than their starter pokemon if these were the starters of the new generation.
Final evolutions:

Fire: http://prinny-dood.deviantart.com/art/Fake-Pokemon-Tyruption-53879033

Grass: http://prinny-dood.deviantart.com/art/Fake-Pokemon-Seisgaea-123490350

Water: http://prinny-dood.deviantart.com/art/Fake-Pokemon-Sailuge-54147495

This guy on DA makes incredible fakemon.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Ever single game I've stuck with the water type and it's always worked for me.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I usually just choose the one I like the most. Squirtle, Totodile, Torchic, Piplup, and now it's going to be Snivy.

KuwaSanjuro

Dec 22, 2010
Yeah same, on HeartGold my Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion (sic) stayed with me in my team from my first ever battle to the battle with Red, so they always stay as my best and main pokemon.