Pokemon Black/White 2 Announced!

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I do wish that they'd just bite the bullet and do a console version, but a direct sequel is also an unexpected route to go. Consider me intrigued. The ball is in your court, Game Freak.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
Don Savik said:
I'm kind of sick of pokemon to be honest. Blue version was the first game I've ever played ever, and I've logged over 200 hours on each game afterwards. I liked all the new pokemon, I freaking LOVE pokemon stadium. But I'm just bored of it all. They need to make it more action oriented or something. Just change up the formula please.

like....an fps where I fight different kinds of pokemon <--make this happen
I agree with this guy, though maybe not an fps. It'd be difficult anyway you slice it, because designing 600+ unique pokemon movements, animations, sounds, not to mention skills and such is time consuming.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Hal10k said:
Wow. They actually ran out of colors.
Pokemon Opaque and Pokemon Transparent anyone?
Pokemon Aqua and Pokemon Velvet, Pokemon Turquoise and Pokemon Crimson, Pokemon Pinky Red and Pokemon Greeny Blue, the list of obscure colour combinations is endless. Though naming it black and white kind of backed them into a corner and there obsession for elements and crystals certainly didn't help. Honestly how is a pearl comparable to a fucking diamond and why was platinum not used in place of crystal. There are more questions than answers.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Eri said:
Woodsey said:
Eri said:
That is the stupidest thing I've seen this week. It'd have been quicker to write, "don't say anything bad about it or else we'll get upset."

Criticism doesn't work by going, "well you've said it loads now, so never mention it again even though you still think it's a problem".
For someone so close to being banned, I would think you could exercise a bit more tact than that.
You made a point, I responded to it. I didn't swear, I didn't insult anyone - it wasn't even particularly aggressive.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Woodsey said:
Eri said:
Woodsey said:
Eri said:
That is the stupidest thing I've seen this week. It'd have been quicker to write, "don't say anything bad about it or else we'll get upset."

Criticism doesn't work by going, "well you've said it loads now, so never mention it again even though you still think it's a problem".
For someone so close to being banned, I would think you could exercise a bit more tact than that.
You made a point, I responded to it. I didn't swear, I didn't insult anyone - it wasn't even particularly aggressive.
You said what I wrote was "the stupidest thing I've seen all week". That's not insulting?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Eri said:
Woodsey said:
Eri said:
Woodsey said:
Eri said:

You said what I wrote was "the stupidest thing I've seen all week". That's not insulting?
I said the thing you'd copied from wherever on Kotaku was the stupidest thing I'd seen this week. And I said why it was stupid.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hal10k said:
Wow. They actually ran out of colors.
Well, technically black and white aren't considered colors soooooooo....

OT: Is this the dawn of the Pokemon sequels? Whoop de-frickening do. Does this mean I will never get to see Pokemon Rainbow?

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
Andothul said:
Everything about Black and White was great except for the POKEMON.

Seriously B&W have some of the stupidest looking Pokemon by far in the series. They look like they were created by a 10 year old girl and others look like the devs just gave up.

Wtb less cutesy more awesome looking Pokemon in the sequel.
Pokemon Black and White 1 didn't have quite as many cute pokemon, but it didn't have many awesome pokemon either. But there was a small few of each, and those few were great... Something that fit's into my model of pokemon generations.

I expect they will have more awesome pokemon for you, and more of the cute pokemon for the others. However I expect they won't be quite as good as the small handful of good pokemon in gen 5.

I've got a post somewhere on page 3 that points out what else I expect.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Neoseek said:
Don't know about anyone else but imma hoping something Cynthia said in Black and White happens;
"Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"

Wouldn't that be awesome? versing all the Champions in one game!
Wait, you mean I can fight Blue/Red, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl all in a Single Tournament? Or would it be Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum in a single Elite Four type battle, facing off against RED from Gold/Silver? If that is the case - WOOOOOT.
While that does sound a bit cool, I doubt that they'll have all the previous player characters show up.

Voodoo_Person

Dec 11, 2009
Weren't Gold and Silver technically sequels to Red and Blue? Considering that continued the story in at least some way

MEEBO17

Mar 3, 2010
Baldr said:
>:| I wanted a Gen 3 remake.
If Game Freak did that, it would probably be the greatest thing ever. I'd love to take on Team Aqua one more time with enhanced graphics and new Pokemon before the series went totally overboard.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Eri said:
3. You're tired of the Pokemon formula, "8 gyms, elite 4, catch em all".
So I can't comment that Pokemon is the least original series in the history of RPG's because of that fact?

4. You want a new Pokemon game on a console or some type of MMO game.
Why can't people say this?? It's a legitimate idea and would be SOMETHING new.

6. You think they're milking the series.
Anyone who doesn't recognize the fact that they are is pretty freaking naive... No offense.

7. You want to point out there are no new colors in the title thus its somehow means Game Freak is running out of ideas.
They are... are you afraid of the truth or something?

8. You're butthurt even though you haven't played a Pokemon game since 1996.
9. You're going to comment all the the old ones are clearly best.
I've played every single one, recently in fact, but I only bought Red (use your imagination). Red and Blue were something new, and that was amazing. The new games are WAYYY better and cooler, but it's over. The games have grown stale, and it's getting to the point where they are shoveling out crap remakes worse than the Call of Duty series.

It's ironic, in the purest definition of the word, but Pokemon NEEDS to evolve.

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
TomLikesGuitar said:
Eri said:
3. You're tired of the Pokemon formula, "8 gyms, elite 4, catch em all".
So I can't comment that Pokemon is the least original series in the history of RPG's because of that fact?

4. You want a new Pokemon game on a console or some type of MMO game.
Why can't people say this?? It's a legitimate idea and would be SOMETHING new.

6. You think they're milking the series.
Anyone who doesn't recognize the fact that they are is pretty freaking naive... No offense.

7. You want to point out there are no new colors in the title thus its somehow means Game Freak is running out of ideas.
They are... are you afraid of the truth or something?

8. You're butthurt even though you haven't played a Pokemon game since 1996.
9. You're going to comment all the the old ones are clearly best.
I've played every single one, recently in fact, but I only bought Red (use your imagination). Red and Blue were something new, and that was amazing. The new games are WAYYY better and cooler, but it's over. The games have grown stale, and it's getting to the point where they are shoveling out crap remakes worse than the Call of Duty series.

It's ironic, in the purest definition of the word, but Pokemon NEEDS to evolve.
I think their point was "we all have at least one of those problems and we've heard them all, and none of them are going to change any time soon..." Unless of course the creators of Pokemon ever feel threatened. However, I doubt they would ever feel threatened unless their direct rival started to beat them; something most people find laughable.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
ZexionSephiroth said:
I think their point was "we all have at least one of those problems and we've heard them all, and none of them are going to change any time soon..." Unless of course the creators of Pokemon ever feel threatened. However, I doubt they would ever feel threatened unless their direct rival started to beat them; something most people find laughable.
There are just so many directions that creature based RPG's could go, and the fact that Pokemon has remained stagnant for so long is depressing.