Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1100395059923439616?s=20

Predictions, hopes, discuss.

Gen 8 incoming.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
i'm not sure about this one. Why is it livestream ? nintendo direct are not livestream usually, they are recorded. Is there a correlation between the fact that they announced a pokemon direct and that the detective pikachu trailer #2 dropped the same day ?

i think they might try to tie in the games and the movie somehow, they might announced detective pikachu for the switch, or they want to surprise everyone and release pokemon in May to take advantage of the hype that may come from the movie ?

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
so Pokemon Shild and Sword. seems nice. honestly i havent play any of the pokemon games, so i'm not reaqlly a fan. but the timing of this presentation is a bit odd. why now, why now wait until e3, or make the reveal at the end of the next direct ?

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
cathou said:
so Pokemon Shild and Sword. seems nice. honestly i havent play any of the pokemon games, so i'm not reaqlly a fan. but the timing of this presentation is a bit odd. why now, why now wait until e3, or make the reveal at the end of the next direct ?
today is Pokemon day.

what better day than to announce a new Pokemon game?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Yoshi178 said:
cathou said:
today is Pokemon day.

what better day than to announce a new Pokemon game?
So far Nintendo sold me by setting alone, because I really like this Britain themed region. They nailed the look of the place. And I like British Countryside.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
PapaGreg096 said:
Well that was underwhelming for a Switch Title
How so?

people wanted a new core Pokemon RPG game. BAM! you got one.

i don't see what else you were expecting from this?

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Yoshi178 said:
PapaGreg096 said:
How so?

Maybe something that doesn't look like a 3DS game

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
PapaGreg096 said:
Yoshi178 said:
PapaGreg096 said:
How so?

Maybe something that doesn't look like a 3DS game
good luck running graphics with that much detail in them, let alone running them in HD on a 3DS.

Oct 22, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
Grookey is best starter.
Well damn, we agree on something.
He looks friendly. Meanwhile, the rabbit wants to kick me in the face, and Sobble looks like he just popped something and has no idea where he is.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
MrCalavera said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Grookey is best starter.
Well damn, we agree on something.
He looks friendly. Meanwhile, the rabbit wants to kick me in the face, and Sobble looks like he just popped something and has no idea where he is.
But we may disagree about their second and third evolutions.