Pokemon is it strange that I'm still playing?

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
Today I pre-ordered Pokemon Black version at Gamestop and I found myself wondering "I'm 21 is it weird that I'm still playing Pokemon games ?"
Now let me get one thing straight I only still play the "Main" RPG Color named titles so no Ranger, Mystery Dungeon or other spin offs, I haven't watched the anime since the Johto adventures and I give up long ago on the cards.
I mostly play out of nostalgic value and with my brother and some friends (I also pre-ordered White version for my brother whose turning 13 so we can trade/battle with each other just like we've done with ever Pokemon RPG since he started playing them.

Anyways I wanna know how many older (say late teens and onward) still play Pokemon games?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

this perfectly illustrates the pokemon effect

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Nope. It's still pretty fun to play after all these years.

I'm 16 and I still play Pokémon.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Quite a few, including me. It isn't weird. I expect to see quite a few DS's out on campus when Black and White hit. Oh, and I stopped watching after Johto too.

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
Skullkid4187 said:
Yes, i do believe if youre in your twenties it's a lil too old to play pokemon
Question: Why? The Pokemon series are simple RPGs to casually play that offer enough complexity for a thriving metagame. What is so wrong with it?

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
I remember being on a collage campus out in California and seeing people walking around with pokewalker on.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Not at all, I'm 20 and am playing Emerald because it's still fun as hell, there is no "cut-off" age for playing videogames. Most importantly don't let anyone tell you that your too old for Pokemon or any game/show/movie you enjoy, just let the haters hate...

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Skullkid4187 said:
Question: Why? The Pokemon series are simple RPGs to casually play that offer enough complexity for a thriving metagame. What is so wrong with it?
Still a childrens game

Ca3zar416

Sep 8, 2010
I'm still a huge fan although I don't own a DS which excludes me from owning the newest installments. Besides I think there are just far too many legendaries now and that it's getting pretty ridiculous.

ImpofthePerverse

Sep 14, 2010
Why should anybody be too old to play GOOD games?

I'm 25 and I've already pre-ordered the game, heck I'm still playing SoulSilver.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
Skullkid4187 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Skullkid4187 said:
Still a childrens game

Yeah and Invader Zim is a Children's cartoon

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
Skullkid4187 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Skullkid4187 said:
Still a childrens game
How? It might be targeted at a younger demographic but that doesn't make it "wrong" for older people to play it.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Skullkid4187 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Skullkid4187 said:
Still a childrens game
do you think that all adults do is work and fill out taxes?

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
I'm still playing Pokemon, and I've been out of high school for quite a while. They're enjoyable games, and offer gameplay that is vastly different from anything else out there.

ImpofthePerverse

Sep 14, 2010
dathwampeer said:
It may be a little odd to be pre-ordering it though. I mean I wouldn't pick one of em up for full price.
If you pre-order online it's normally quite a bit cheaper than the RRP.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
dathwampeer said:
ANImaniac89 said:
Skullkid4187 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Skullkid4187 said:
Still a childrens game

Yeah and Invader Zim is a Children's cartoon

Though more on topic. I don't think it's weird for a person of any age to play the games. They hold some pretty strong nostalgia for people around our age, even the newer games. It may be a little odd to be pre-ordering it though.

I mean I wouldn't pick one of em up for full price. I may spend a few hours messing around with an old copy on my SP or something. But that's about it.

First I don't mean it as a bad thing when I said that IZ is a Children's Cartoon

and I only per-ordered it because my Brother wants White for his birthday (2/28) and I figured why not pay for mine as well, when the clerk told me he might run out of pre-order copies (I think he might have been lying)

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Skullkid4187 said:
Find any RPG that has come out in the last 5 years that is as deep as Pokemon can be.
Sure it looks kiddy, but it still has an incredibly complex metagame. It isn't a "kiddy" game. It less a children's game than Invader Zim is a children's show.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Pokemon was just a phase for me from age 12 to 13. But I do remember the games being very good and addictive.

I still think that you shouldn't bother thinking about stuff like "is this strange?". If you like it, you like it. Don't sweat it.

This is an excellent rule of thumb, or thumb of rule, whichever it was[footnote]rumb of thule?[/footnote]:
Jark212 said:
Most importantly don't let anyone tell you that your too old for Pokemon or any game/show/movie you enjoy, just let the haters hate...