Pokemon most people seem to hate, but you love.

DigitalAtlas

Mar 31, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
I love swampert, probably my 3rd or 4th favorite pokemon.

Most people hate on 3rd gen, dunno how people think about him.

Also Samurott!

got criticism for some reason, I think he looks awesome.
Swampert is one of the most run OU's. I know I use the hell out of him.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Lucian The Lugia said:
My name has my favorite Pokemon. Just not sure if a lot of people seem to hate it.
No, trust me. Lugia is pretty popular for a legendary.

He's probobly in my top 5 legendaries I like personally.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I also wanna give honorable mention to this guy. I actually absolutely hated him at first, but after examining the design and origins of it more, he seriously grew on me and actually ended up becoming my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon (close seconds being Krookodile and Volcarona) Plus the combination of Dark and Fighting is pretty awesome.

nico74

Feb 11, 2007
Navvan said:
Hmm I don't really know what Pokemon people don't like except Vannilite+ evolutions. Not a fan of the idea of branching into making pokemon based on non-living (especially food) items myself so I can't say I like them either.

From my experience very few people like Golem but I've always been a fan of him since I first played Pokemon Red. His typing and stats however make him nonviable for any sort of competitive play sadly.

Not my favorite Pokemon but the only one I can think of that I like that others don't seem to.
Golem is one of my favorites of all time. I don't know what it is about him and Gravler that I find so appealing but I do.

science girl

Jun 1, 2010
I always loved my victreebel in the first gen. No one else seemed to be a big fan though. :/
http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/victreebel.jpg

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
At first I thought Ludicolo was silly. I mean, he's a mexican duck in a poncho. Now he is my favorite for some reason, despite everyone's hate. Plus this:

Elmoth said:
Here's my answer, I love this:

Fuck pokemon. And anime. And manga. And japanese games. OOH EDGY.
Oh you got us. Our self esteem has been destroyed. No hope left.....

/wrists

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Blazing Steel said:
My favourite pokemon:

Raised this guy all the way to 100 then traded him into:

This guy pretty much tanked the Elite 4 without breaking a sweat.
Back in my day we only had one evolution for Porygon and that was the best and only!
I refuse to accept the extra 2s and Zs they add on the end to make new, poorer looking, ones.

Get off my lawn

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
I find his intentionally dislikeable, almost tragic design adorable.
[img_inline caption="i found a friend"]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/2/2b/Daniela_Trubbish.png/250px-Daniela_Trubbish.png[/img_inline]

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
CrimsonBlaze said:
Well, Oshawott might be an appealing Pokemon in the anime or outside of battles in general, but I can't really take it seriously when fighting against it or using it in battles.
Because of its appearance? Or because of its stats/movelist?

Because, I mean, people like cute Pokemon outside of the anime, you know. A huge amount of people.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
LilithSlave said:
CrimsonBlaze said:
Well, Oshawott might be an appealing Pokemon in the anime or outside of battles in general, but I can't really take it seriously when fighting against it or using it in battles.
Because of its appearance? Or because of its stats/movelist?

Because, I mean, people like cute Pokemon outside of the anime, you know. A huge amount of people.
Well, mostly appearance (I don't find it appealing as a starter). In terms of stats, I prefer a starter with either better defenses or speed. It's moveset is not too much of an issue. The only way I can see how Oshawott can be adored outside of the anime is in PokePark 2.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
CrimsonBlaze said:
The only way I can see how Oshawott can be adored outside of the anime is in PokePark 2.
Then you have apparently missed out on about half of the Pokemon game demographic somehow.

You know, the one that has led to legendaries like Celebi and Mew.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Lunar Templar said:
my problem with giratina is that I think he should be a dark type pokemon and not a ghost for two main reasons
the logical one: he has a lot more dark qualities to him then ghost qualities, he owns a dark realm and he corrupts reality. He doesn't mess with people and use trickery, he just warps space time.

the more personal reason: he will for ever be known as the first ghost legendary and he isn't much of a ghost, and seeing as ghost is my favourite pokemon type that just doesn't sit with me well.

OT: druddigon:

he seems to be the least popular dragon from what I have seen but he is the ONLY dragon type pokemon I actually want to train.

InevitableFate said:
Stunfisk is adorable.

Stunfisk is awesome!

7moreDead_v1legacy

Feb 17, 2009

Every play through I'd pick one up and have it in my team regardless <3