Pokemon pre-evolutions that look better than the evolved form.

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
Most of them, to be honest. As they're cuter.

One thing I've noticed is that most Pokemon, when they evolve, become a lot less cute looking overall.

It's why I appreciate Pokemon like Mew who are powerful but do not evolve.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
ranger19 said:
Would this be the right time to complain that Snivy has limbs but Serperior doesn't? At the very least, I think Serperior could have had a better design.
it still has leafy t-rex hands at least. if it had limbs it'd get even more flak.

Croconaw. I just think its so cute and chubby looking I couldn't bear to evolve it... it's level 91 now...

vid87

May 17, 2010
Loudred is weird but makes some kind of sense as an evolution. Exploud is just friggin terrifying.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Pikachu > Raichu
Haunter > Gengar
Geodude > Graveler

And last, but most certainly not least: Quilava > Typhlosion. Because I would have a pet Quilava if I could.

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
As a kid, I would usually keep my starter and several other Pokemon from evolving because I didn't want them to stop looking cute. At the time, I didn't realize I was depriving my team of better stats and moves, and getting through the Elite Four was a *****, but still, most adorable teams ever! ^_^

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Glameow vs Purugly? come on, no one? Well, the thread is new I guess. I was never particularly fond of glameow, but it evolves into something so ugly, that ugly has become a part of its name!
Also, I am glad though that we got Samurott out of the way. It's not terrible looking I guess, but Dewott was just really cool looking. And now for the list:
Eggscute - Eggsectutor (or however their names are spelled)
Trubbish - Garbador (went from ugly to fiendishly ugly)
Pichu - Pikachu - Raichu (progressively less cute with each evolution. Still, I do think Raichu is still kind of cute, but it's kind of like that child that was really cute at 4 and below, but now is 6-7 and still trying to throw its cutesyness around when it just isn't quite the same and it becomes a bit awkward)
Squirtle and Bulbasaur looked best at their second stages
Dratini - Dragonair - Dragonite (from cute majestic blue dragons, to giant yellow stubby dragon)
Treeko - Grovyle - Sceptile (Grovyle was IMO the only cool looking one out of the bunch)
Rattatta - Raticate (ugh, my goodness what a terrible thing evolution did to that cute little bastard)

dudagato

Jul 14, 2010
I'm gonna go with litwick.

i found him to be very cute ,for a soul sucking monstrosity, but Chandelure is just so lame looking.

KeikakuKat

Feb 10, 2011
I think Krokorok looks cooler than Krookodile. I like its name more as well. I wish that those two could be switched around and Krokorok could be the final evolution.

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
I'll go with Zorua...

I mean... come on... it's cute... Zoroark kinda turned into the "angry parent" thing and looked out of place to me...

Although now that I think about it, most of the choices I WAS going to go for were already taken...

Oh well, I could also say Eevee > Flareon...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
TeeBs said:

I want to cuddle it so bad.
most adorable bug, ever.

cuter then Pikachu too
Very, Very agreed! That bug was the main reason I got so excited over Black and White.

---

Scyther is so much more of a bad-ass than Scizor...Blades are way better than pincer/scissors.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
Lunar Templar said:
TeeBs said:

I want to cuddle it so bad.
most adorable bug, ever.

cuter then Pikachu too
Very, Very agreed! That bug was the main reason I got so excited over Black and White.

---

Scyther is so much more of a bad-ass than Scizor...Blades are way better than pincer/scissors.
i agree with this as well, Scyther is a badass, Scizor ... what happen ....

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
I liked Pidgeotto better than Pidgeot so much that I had a level 100 unevolved version of it.
Nidorino > Nidoking
Haunter > Gengar
Torchic > Combusken > Blaziken
Staravia > Staraptor

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Quilava is better than Typhlosion
Bayleaf is better than Meganium
Magmar is better than Magmortar
Electabuzz is better than Electovyre
Grovyle is better than Sceptile
Scyther is better than Scizor
Mime Jr is better than Mr Mime
Totodile is better than Croconaw
Pretty much all starter's past second gen first forms are better than the second forms, some exceptions being Dewott and Grovyle.
Rhyhorn is better than Rhyhyperior
Magnemite is better than Magnezone
Nosepass is better than Probopass

EDIT:
KeikakuKat said:
I think Krokorok looks cooler than Krookodile. I like its name more as well. I wish that those two could be switched around and Krokorok could be the final evolution.
nice avatar you got there.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
ruedyn said:
I don't like Vigoroth.

I also don't remember the pre-evolutions name, but I remember it became Slaking.
Dude, I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Vigoroths! Way better then Slackoths (The pre-evolution) and Slackings (The Post-evolution), especially since they can't attack every other turn thanks to their attribute. Meanwhile, Vigoroth can never sleep!

Surpheal

Jan 23, 2012
Clampearl looks better than its two evolutions
Exeggcute looks better than Exeggutor (but then most everything does)

a few others;
Magmortar and Rhyperior are just awful designs
Mamoswine is worse than Piloswine
And to be honest Vanillite is fun to look at, the evolutions are not

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Mr.Mattress said:
ruedyn said:
I don't like Vigoroth.

I also don't remember the pre-evolutions name, but I remember it became Slaking.
Dude, I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove Vigoroths! Way better then Slackoths (The pre-evolution) and Slackings (The Post-evolution), especially since they can't attack every other turn thanks to their attribute. Meanwhile, Vigoroth can never sleep!
It was an alright pokemanz, but I didn't like that it went from lazy to fast to lazy. It didn't make any real sense, and made the moves Vigoroth learned confusing when Slaking does it.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Pretty sure this thread only exists because of Dragonair.
Standard chains go from cute, to forgettable to badass, Dragonite is one stupid doofy-looking son-of-a-gun, where Dragonair is majestic and totally the badass of the chain.